Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

? Question re Crafting

DenMoria
DenMoria
✭✭✭✭✭
On this build, I've been doing a lot of crafting, just basically deconstructing or improving or even creating (in the case of provisioning and enchanting as well) and am noticing that I seem to be finding an awful lot of blue and purple items recently.

Is what you find based on your player level or your crafting level? I'm only at level 9 on this new character, but I'm above 5 on all my skills too (I'm already at 8 in provisioning!).

Can someone advise? I know it's probably a dumb question, but this is my first toon actually doing some serious crafting.
  • Drax76
    Drax76
    ✭✭✭
    I have been a full-on crafter of all professions on my main combat toon since day 1 on PS4 and haven't noticed any correlation.
    PS4 - NA - AD
    v16 Khajiit NB Tank
    40 Breton Templar Healer/Tank
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can get Blue drops at any level, and you can get Purple drops starting around L10 (maybe even lower). But at the lower levels, the chances for Blues and Purples are much lower.

However, RNG is really the determining factor. You will more than likely have time periods where you never see a Blue or Purple, no matter what your level.

The biggest issue is, if you don't have the Extraction Passives, you have a small chance of pulling the tempers from those items. So, you have to decide to save them until later, or sell them in guild stores for someone else to decon. You can list them for about 60% of the price of the Temper you would get back.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"