Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Vendor NPC dialogue?

Faunter
Faunter
✭✭✭✭✭
I've been trying to accomplish something recently and I haven't found a way to achieve it yet. Basically, what I want to do is allow NPC voice dialogue to continue playing when you open their store, the bank, the stables, etc. (Like the way it used to be over a year ago.) I've tried hooking multiple functions and have tested things with Chatter, Scenes, Fragments, Interactions, and other stuff, but every time, the dialogue still gets cut off when I open a store. I haven't been able to find any information on this topic or any other add-ons that do this.

My question is this: Would it even be possible to not interrupt vendor NPC dialogue, or am I just wasting my time?
Any advice from more experienced add-on authors or someone with greater knowledge of the API would be appreciated.
Thanks!
  • Ayantir
    Ayantir
    ✭✭✭✭
    This can't be done.
    Dialogue is automatically played when entering in interaction mode if Npc has a "welcome speech", and cut off at each new choice you do.

Only ZOS can do this.
    Obsessive Compulsive Elder Scrolls addons Coder
    A Few millions downloads of ESO addons now.
    Master crafter on my main char since release. All tradeskills, recipes \o/, researchs (since long), 35 styles known
    My little french Guild: Cercle de l'Eveil
  • Faunter
    Faunter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ayantir wrote: »
    This can't be done.
    Dialogue is automatically played when entering in interaction mode if Npc has a "welcome speech", and cut off at each new choice you do.

Only ZOS can do this.

@Ayantir That's what I feared. Don't you think there could be some way to trick the game into believing that you're still in INTERACTION_CONVERSATION mode when opening a bank for example?
  • Ayantir
    Ayantir
    ✭✭✭✭
    When you select an option of the interaction;

Is called :

- INTERACTION:HandleChatterOptionClicked(label)
    Inside this function is called : SelectChatterOption(label.optionIndex)

It's this function which send to eso.exe :smile:

- event (such as EVENT_CHATTER_END, EVENT_CONVERSATION_UPDATED, EVENT_QUEST_OFFERED, EVENT_QUEST_COMPLETE_DIALOG, EVENT_CONFIRM_INTERACT)
    - stop playing actual associated audio file
    - start playing label.optionIndex audio file if needed
    - populate interaction possibilities for this choice.
    - activate specific functions only enabled when you're interacting with this npc.

And if you want to continue listening audio, you may broke this. and if you broke this, you won't be able to use features behind the interaction (impossible to bank, impossible to sell, repair, you won't receive event, etc).

Because behind this function is mainly added a security check which disable and enable all related functions.

Letting you play the sound will let you permit to bank without interacting with the banker per exemple, and it is absolutly impossible

So yes, it's impossible.

But ask ZOS an option ?
    It's so easy for they to do it :)
    Edited by Ayantir on November 1, 2015 2:09AM
    Obsessive Compulsive Elder Scrolls addons Coder
    A Few millions downloads of ESO addons now.
    Master crafter on my main char since release. All tradeskills, recipes \o/, researchs (since long), 35 styles known
    My little french Guild: Cercle de l'Eveil
  • Maotti
    Maotti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I asked about this very thing after it was implemented and i got laughed at for it on here.

I hope Zeni can make it optional. :)
    PC EU
  • Cavanoskus
    Cavanoskus
    ✭✭✭
    @Maotti_Nor I'd love it too. I would love an option to let NPC dialogue continue after clicking a choice. I hate always cutting off the bankers, it makes me feel rude!

In all honesty I feel like this is Angier Stower's fault, what with her famous snooty rant about borrowers and lenders that was so annoying people made addons specifically to mute her, but ZOS nerfed her down to one little sentence anyway...
    Edited by Cavanoskus on November 4, 2015 4:53PM