The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Does killing the final boss of a vet dungeon in hard mode increase the chances of helm drop?

Higgs_Field
Higgs_Field
✭✭
Usually you go into "hard mode" by reading a book which makes the final boss fight harder. This is required for the gold key in some vet pledges. However, if you're just farming for a monster helm and not doing the pledge, is there any need to fight the boss in hard mode?

When farming vWGT I noticed that Molag Kena always drops 12 Daedric Embers, both in normal and hard mode. So I know there is no difference in the amount of trophies dropped.
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've always heard that Hard modes are a 4x increased drop chance. However I have no source to back this up....maybe @ZOS_GinaBruno or @ZOS_JessicaFolsom could settle it once and for all?

When farming vWGT myself I've only ever got a helm from doing HM (5 in total) so I assume it to be the case.
    Edited by Cuyler on November 4, 2015 2:22PM
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]