The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Mag Sorc OP?

AL16
AL16
✭✭✭
Just a destr staff

uses Crystal frag

"wtf?"
Joined 2015, didn't play a lot and quit. Returned recently
Stamblade main, trying out other builds atm.
  • SleepyTroll
    SleepyTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh very insightful.
  • Levo18
    Levo18
    ✭✭✭✭
    L2P
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The average frag hits less half than that.

• revonine
    revonine
    ✭✭✭✭
    Try and hit someone with a frag that has alot of points in Hardy and you'll see how "OP" it is :P
    Edited by revonine on October 31, 2015 9:28AM
  • Zarkon
    Zarkon
    roll dodge = 0 k damage
    block = half damage (or less) or return if you have right skill
  • Birdovic
    Birdovic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh no, another "Insightful" thread!

Just listen to what the others said.

Assign your CP wisely
    Use reflective scales(as DK, just reflect it back, with 20% extra Dmg)
    Use defensive stance(Don't even need to be DK, just reflect it back)
    Just Block (less than 50% of Dmg it would do, and no knockdown)
    Just Dodge Roll (0 Dmg)

The frag isn't as dangerous as you think...
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    lulz
  • Snowgoons
    Snowgoons
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorcs being able to put out that much damage with a basic skill is indeed OP. Everyone saying roll dodge and other stupid comments, you are the same morons saying this game isn't for 1v1 so how you supposed to stop that crystal frag dealing mass damage to you in the middle of a 10v10 battle?

Until you guys start posting actual video evidence I don't wanna hear it, all I see are people trying to protect their class from a nerf.
    Rollin' round Tamriel on that skooma wasted like a failed Grand Theft Auto mission.
  • His Crayness
    Hilarious...

Crystal frags OP.
    Wrecking blow OP.
    Radiant destruction OP.
    Cloak OP.

OP OP.
  • arcantonias
    arcantonias
    ✭✭✭
    you cannot kill even a half competent anything just spamming radiant destruction lol. I will agree with some of the other skills tho. give templar dark flare an instant cast proc and we will still be half as good as shield stacking streak spamming sorcs.
    Edited by arcantonias on October 31, 2015 2:32PM
  • Flaminir
    Flaminir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Snowgoons wrote: »
    Sorcs being able to put out that much damage with a basic skill is indeed OP. Everyone saying roll dodge and other stupid comments, you are the same morons saying this game isn't for 1v1 so how you supposed to stop that crystal frag dealing mass damage to you in the middle of a 10v10 battle?

Until you guys start posting actual video evidence I don't wanna hear it, all I see are people trying to protect their class from a nerf.

1. Calling everybody else a 'moron' doesn't give you credibility or make you right.
    2. In the middle of a 10v 10 battle.... well I would ask how are you going to stop anything? A wrecking blow? An Ambush? A snipe... etc etc. Frags are no different. And as everybody has said... use various defensive skills. Dodge, scales, d posture, shields, CP allocation, spell resist, block... these things don't suddenly stop working in a 10 v 10 fight.
    3. Video evidence of what? Frags is the biggest & slowest of all the projectiles.... it's no different to any of the other high damage skills that basically everybody has access to if the want.
    4. Not sure what you mean by calling it a 'basic skill'. Its the 1 high damage nuke a sorc has access to... it's MEANT to hurt if it hits you & you have done nothing to resist it.

Frags can't one shot anybody in PvP now... no matter how badly they play or how badly geared or setup they are.

On that basis it still amazes me the number of 'nerf this as I died' threads that pop up for all the high damage skills in the game.

Wouldn't it be nice if instead of this people came on and said 'I died to XXXXX skill/class... can anybody help me learn the counters?'.
    Edited by Flaminir on October 31, 2015 3:38PM
    GM of the Unholy Legacy
    EU/EP
    Sorcerer Flaminir (Magicka) / Staminir (Stamina)
    Templar Elixiia (Magicka/Healer) / Lotti Velooni (Magicka)
    DragonKnight Xalora Flaminar (Tank) / Unholy-Dragon-Toad (Tank)
    Nightblade Aimee Owlious (Magicka) / Myttens (Stamina)
    Warden: Frosti-Tute (Magicka/Healer) Boops-Many-Snoots (Stamina/Tank)
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hilarious...

Crystal frags OP.
    Wrecking blow OP.
    Radiant destruction OP.
    Cloak OP.

OP OP.
    I have the feeling people want to nerf all the useful spells of each class until we're using heavy attacks on each other.
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    Hilarious...

Crystal frags OP.
    Wrecking blow OP.
    Radiant destruction OP.
    Cloak OP.

OP OP.
    I have the feeling people want to nerf all the useful spells of each class until we're using heavy attacks on each other.

Or until we can only use Siege weapons to kill each ohter in Cyro
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To get frags exceedingly high you'd probably have to duel wield or 2h sword. Can't say I've ever been hit by a 20k frag with a destro staff.
    On that premise they'd have to cast a bunch of filler spells that don't use the destro staff line like webs just to proc that sucker.
    If you have the death recap screen I'd be interested in looking at it. Not because I think you're lying just to make a point, but because I don't believe it.
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With a high enough Spell Crit (Magelight, gear,...) and sufficient SD and Magicka it is possible...

...especially if the OP has 0 Armor/Spell Resist
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Or i can post video evidence on how often my frags are evaded...? Especially if you're a NB, one cloak and my frag completely misses. It makes me mad because most of my encounters are against them so i can only rely on procd frags
  • Colosso-monstro
    Colosso-monstro
    ✭✭✭
    Usually if I hit someone with frag then it's because they are attacking like a rabid dog and forget that there's defense as well. Good to know my frag is doing exactly what it should do-punish people who don't defend themselves
  • Shelgon
    Shelgon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorcs aren't that scary, I mean, getting hit by 9k frags are scary, but once you get some experience, you can almost feel the frag coming when you're vsing a sorc, so dodge/block/relfect accordingly.

Dueling Sorcs as a stam build however, that's the scary part, mines 3stronk5me
    V16 Templar - Shelgon - DC
    V16 Dragonknight - The Secutor - DC
  • MormondPayne_EP
    MormondPayne_EP
    ✭✭✭✭

LOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLL

Just get out...
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dang it! why is Ezareth not here hating on cloak? lol. just poking fun.

a 20K crystal frag? hmm. I have had a 10K frag before, but not a 20K. Then again my NB is a breton, so I get about an extra 3K point spell resistance, combined with medium armor.

I am about to finish my homework for the night., and I plan t get on my VR NB to start grinding some AP towards the Akaviri sets, If I get a 20K frag hit I will let you know and try to screenshot it; but I highly dount I can possibly get hit for that much by it.
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    AL16 wrote: »
    Just a destr staff

uses Crystal frag

"wtf?"

It can hit for twice that, see chat log.
    http://imgur.com/OGwN0zz
    Edited by Armitas on November 4, 2015 12:24AM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Bogdan_Kobzar
    Bogdan_Kobzar
    ✭✭✭
    post contents deleted
    Edited by Bogdan_Kobzar on November 10, 2015 2:32AM
    "Being honorable might make you a good man, but it doesn't make you right. Be a better world if it did."
    Be mindful of Community Rules
  • Zlater
    Zlater
    ✭✭✭
    Nerf It!!!

Ever since patch 1.3.98 this skill has been too Op and it has literally killed people in PvP. Not only that I saw the other day that there was a guy with a frag that hit me for 10k and it knocked me down and then he started attacking me with other abilities and killed me with a lighting finisher attack, Pvp is impossible until they nerf sorcerers.

The problem with this skill is that a sorcerer can use it with light and heavy attacks as well as damage shields and weapon abilities and harness magicka and Hardened ward which gives them lots of damage shields and I don't think that's fair because I don't want to use any damage shields and they shouldn't be allowed to use one that's that big because I can't kill them so easily.

That's the problem, no one should be allowed to do damage and not die easily at the same time, that's just not fair on everybody else. And because crystal frags can proc the instant cast buff on damage shields being casted a sorcerer can do both at the same time. No other class can do exactly that because that is unique to the class and it's what makes it enjoyable and I want to be able to do that on my class as well as the stuff I can already do but don't want to because I just don't want to L2P properly.
    Ask for an invite to the greatest network of guilds ever. Redfur Trading, Redfur Exchange and Redfur Army!

www.redfurconnect.com
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well... Yeah it's Magicka Sorc. Always been OP.
    PC EU
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

@Snowgoons Do not expect that OP NBs and Sorcs will understand your point. I am pretty sure that you are a DK or Templ and you are do not have their mobility. People will always tell you "L2P noob" and "get out of the fight" but they dont understand that in these 10 vs 10 (randoms no group ball fights) DKs and Temps (mostly DKs) stay in the middle of the fight and all range DPS focus them cause they are easy targets who do not move and their main defensive mechanic (block) were nerfed to the ground. It is the same for both sides.
    Because I can!
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hilarious...

Crystal frags OP.
    Wrecking blow OP.
    Radiant destruction OP.
    Cloak OP.

OP OP.

I would do quite a few things to get blinding flashes back. Getting a different colored soul assault wasn't my ideal skill.
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    usmcjdking wrote: »
    Hilarious...

Crystal frags OP.
    Wrecking blow OP.
    Radiant destruction OP.
    Cloak OP.

OP OP.

I would do quite a few things to get blinding flashes back. Getting a different colored soul assault wasn't my ideal skill.

I agree with that.

When will ZOS and other people understand how much Blazing Shield and Blinding Flashes was to the class?
    PC EU
  • Wisler89
    Wisler89
    ✭✭✭
    Armitas wrote: »
    AL16 wrote: »
    Just a destr staff

uses Crystal frag

"wtf?"

It can hit for twice that, see chat log.
    http://imgur.com/OGwN0zz

Well, a few things:
    1. This is a npc hit, meaning players get only half that damage (which is still at 20k)
    2. He uses DW, meaining more spelldamage, meaning more overall damage.
    3. He has 46k magicka, 15k health. I assume this was because he wanted to reach the highest damage possible.
    4. When you look at his (at least I think it is his) buff list, I see there 2 drink buffs, 3 food buffs and a *** ton of other things I can't explain, so I would take this screenshot with a grain of salt.

Essentially this screenshot can be used to demonstrate the potential of sorcs and Crystal Fragments in particular. But it is in no ways indicative of the real world. Sure, a few people will run around with such overinflated offensive values, but they sacrifce sustain (regen), defence (health, even if shields may compensate somewhat) and other things (stamina anyone? stun him a few times and nuke him when he can't break anymore). I would put such builds in the category "duel-build", but most people aren't capable of using this build in anything else than 1v1.

*sarcasm* As we are on the topic of nerfing, how about we nerf NB cloak, Templar Breath of Life and DK Mountains Blessing? And anything else that has me killed in the past. */sarcasm*

As a guildmate said the last time someone else was complaining about something similar to this: "If people continue crying for nerfs instead of improving themselves, there will then come a time when we will only be able to fight with our fists. Which may be fun but will be utterly frustrating."
    Edited by Wisler89 on November 4, 2015 12:57PM
    Eclaire Farron, V16 Sorc
    Claire Etro, V16 NB
    Leveling a DK and Temp because I'm bored
    Server: EU - AD, Guild: Lux Dei