Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Could Queen Ayreen be an Ayleid?

Madoras
Madoras
I mean.. that would explain why she isn't in the history books..
  • Madoras
    Madoras
    Madoras wrote: »
    I mean.. that would explain why she isn't in the history books..

cause ya know.. they[Ad] find out and kill her maybe...
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    She looks very Altmer. She's from a pure Altmeri line. She would never have become queen if she was an Ayleid. What made you think she was?
  • Madoras
    Madoras
    Rosveen wrote: »
    She looks very Altmer. She's from a pure Altmeri line. She would never have become queen if she was an Ayleid. What made you think she was?

You never wondered why she isn't in any of the history of TES before TESO?
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Practically none of ESO events and characters were mentioned in the previous games. That's because BGS developers don't have prophetic powers and/or didn't want to spoil the game before it was released. It might seem confusing when you're dealing with a prequel, but it makes perfect sense. The lore wasn't set in stone 20 years ago, it grows organically game by game.
  • Madoras
    Madoras

Practically none of ESO events and characters were mentioned in the previous games. That's because BGS developers don't have prophetic powers and/or didn't want to spoil the game before it was released. It might seem confusing when you're dealing with a prequel, but it makes perfect sense. The lore wasn't set in stone 20 years ago, it grows organically game by game.

Still tho, she is the queen is she not?
  • Artemisshrikes
    Artemisshrikes
    ✭✭✭

Still tho, she is the queen is she not?

*Facepalm*
    VR 16 Dragonknight Sarenvog (AD, Former Emperor)
  • TheNephilimCrow
    TheNephilimCrow
    ✭✭✭
    It would explain some things, but also maybe she did something in the future that gets your history removed. Who knows. But, she is not an Ayleid. I actually like her. Ayleid's seem kind of "high and mighty" snob types.
    PSN, Youtube & Twitch: TheNephilimCrow
    [NA] ESO EP Guild (GM): The Order of Crows (PvE) - 300+ Members (Discontinued)
    [NA] ESO AD Guild (GM): The Blades of Ayrenn (PvP) - 45 Members (Actively Recruiting)

|:Veteran Rank:|
    VR16 - AD Breton - S&S/Bow Werewolf Stamina Nightblade - Title "Savage Shadow"
    VR 1 - AD Altmer - DW/Resto Magicka Sorcerer - Title "Spellsword"

|:Non-Veteran:|
    LVL 45 - DC Bosmer - Jack of Trades (Master Provisioning, Blacksmithing, etc.)
    Lvl 22 - AD Breton - Templar - Hybrid Build - PvE - Title "The Holy Knight"
    LVL 21 - AD Imperial - Dragonknight - Tank Build (In Progress)- Title "The Copper Knight"
    Lvl 13 - AD Khajit - DW Magicka Nightblade - Title "Mystical Thief"

• JDar
    JDar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well that's what people say about the monarch of England and the Queen is descended from German lines.
  • ArrerBoy
    ArrerBoy
    ✭✭✭

Dragonbreak. This is still a thing in lore. A point in history where time gets messed up and multiple timelines are experienced at once before re converging into a single point. Alessian Empire had a Dragon Break, and had alternate timelines where the Empire not only conquered Tamriel, but all of Nirn and the planets around it, and when the Dragonbreak ended, the only record of it happening was the souls of dead emperors in the Amulet of Kings that were never recorded in the history books.
    It would explain some things, but also maybe she did something in the future that gets your history removed. Who knows. But, she is not an Ayleid. I actually like her. Ayleid's seem kind of "high and mighty" snob types.

That describes all pre-splilt Aldmer. Really the biggest difference between Ayleids and Altmer is that Ayleids made no secret of their Daedra worship even as they revered Aedra.
    Edited by ArrerBoy on October 14, 2015 7:35PM
  • Drax76
    Drax76
    ✭✭✭
    ESO occurs during the Interregenium (the time between Emperors) which lasted several hundred years, if I remember my Tamrielic Lore correctly.
    PS4 - NA - AD
    v16 Khajiit NB Tank
    40 Breton Templar Healer/Tank
  • Ghanima_Atreides
    Ghanima_Atreides
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ayrenn's birth is well-documented, it even has a date (5th of Second Seed in the year 555 of the Second Era), her parentage is known ( King Hidellith and his wife Kinlady Tuinden), she has a brother...so I think it's highly unlikely for her to be anything other than an unusually tolerant Altmer royal. :lol:

Source Ayrenn: The Unforeseen Queen
    Edited by Ghanima_Atreides on October 19, 2015 4:27PM
    [The Beauty of Tamriel] My collection of ESO screenshots

Show me a completely smooth operation and I'll show you someone who's covering mistakes. Real boats rock.
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ayrenn's birth is well-documented, it even has a date (5th of Second Seed in the year 555 of the Second Era), her parentage is known ( King Hidellith and his wife Kinlady Tuinden), she has a brother...so I think it's highly unlikely for her to be anything other than an unusually tolerant Altmer royal. :lol:

Source Ayrenn: The Unforeseen Queen

Explain her unusual human-like skin color then. Many royalty intermarry with other royalty from different cultures to solidify their ties. If an Altmer married a royal Ayleid 2000 years ago, I'm fairly certain no one would have batted an eye. This would also explain the strange Nedic-hued skintones of the Altmer in this era.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • americansteel
    americansteel
    ✭✭✭✭
    ArrerBoy wrote: »

Dragonbreak. This is still a thing in lore. A point in history where time gets messed up and multiple timelines are experienced at once before re converging into a single point. Alessian Empire had a Dragon Break, and had alternate timelines where the Empire not only conquered Tamriel, but all of Nirn and the planets around it, and when the Dragonbreak ended, the only record of it happening was the souls of dead emperors in the Amulet of Kings that were never recorded in the history books.

That describes all pre-splilt Aldmer. Really the biggest difference between Ayleids and Altmer is that Ayleids made no secret of their Daedra worship even as they revered Aedra.

I think dragonbreaks are when akatosh (time itself) loses control over time for a short while, this was written in lore I think nearly 20 years ago to fix a problem micheal kirkbride created so they just came up with this notion of a dragonbreak to remedy an issue with lore writing.

how did an emperor conquer planets?
    not all ayleids worshipped daedra.
    NO LONGER PLAYING ESO

POOR SERVER PERFORMANCE
    LAG
    LOAD SCREENS
    DONE
  • adriant1978
    adriant1978
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Queen Ayrenn isn't an Ayleid, but she might be a robot from the future. ;)
  • Paazhahdrimaak
    Paazhahdrimaak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didn't high elves come from alyeid?
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't high elves come from alyeid?

No, the Ayleid's are known as the 'wild elves' or 'heartland high elves'. The heartland being Cyrodiil. The original elves who came to Tamriel were known as the Aldmer, and diverged into the different groups there are in the game. The Altmer claim they are the ones most like the original Aldmer, and are probably right in that regard. The Ayleids intermixed with humans, and the Breton and possibly at least some of the Bosmer race are the result.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • tplink3r1
    tplink3r1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think so. Ayleids have darker skins.
    Edited by tplink3r1 on October 31, 2015 3:51AM
    VR16 Templar
    VR3 Sorcerer
  • nobleboivin
    nobleboivin
    ✭✭
    ArrerBoy wrote: »

I completely agree with the Dragonbreak concept.