Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Meet the Characters - Clivia Tharn"

ZOS_JasonLeavey
ZOS_JasonLeavey
✭✭✭✭✭
This is the official discussion thread for the web article, "Meet the Characters - Clivia Tharn."

In our final Meet the Characters entry for the Imperial City, we learn about Empress Regent Clivia Tharn!
Jason Leavey
Community Coordinator - The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube
Staff Post
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Somehow she looks older than I expected. I'm not sure why when I know very well she's already been through two husbands.

Edit:
    Any chance of us getting the Tharn family tree?
    Edited by WhiteCoatSyndrome on August 20, 2015 4:21PM
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • theroyalestpythonnub18_ESO
    waitaminute

As it stands, Euraxia Tharn is Abnur's half sister, but younger than Clivia. Javad Tharn is Euraxia's kid, but also allegedly Abnur's son and nephew? Septima Tharn is actually Abnur's daughter, but Abnur can't seem to recall how she's related to him in Heart's Grief. Though he had at least 16 daughters so I guess it's possible he could have forgotten.

Dang I'm confused.
  • elias.stormneb18_ESO
    waitaminute

As it stands, Euraxia Tharn is Abnur's half sister, but younger than Clivia. Javad Tharn is Euraxia's kid, but also allegedly Abnur's son and nephew? Septima Tharn is actually Abnur's daughter, but Abnur can't seem to recall how she's related to him in Heart's Grief. Though he had at least 16 daughters so I guess it's possible he could have forgotten.

Dang I'm confused.
    Abnur is currently 164 years old the Tharn faminly is one of the biggest Noble families of Cyrodiil. It's messy.
  • elias.stormneb18_ESO
    For the Empress Regent!

Edited by elias.stormneb18_ESO on August 20, 2015 6:22PM
  • elias.stormneb18_ESO
    This provides some really interesting insight into the Tharn family.
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Don't forget Jagar Thar. Dum dum duuuuuuuuum

Edit: He wont be born for some years, I know ;)
    Edited by nimander99 on August 21, 2015 1:09AM
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • 16BitForestCat
    16BitForestCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Description for stolen item "Child's Ambiguous Doll"
    "It isn't clear if this tiny burlap monstrosity represents a frost troll or Clivia Tharn."

Descriptions of Clivia Tharn:
    "Imperious, beautiful, statuesque even, she had a dazzling smile"
    "Then she stood, every lovely hair still in place, turned and marched out of the room."
    'Prince Leovic didn't hesitate: he walked right up to us and said, “Your Majesty, I want the Chancellor's daughter." And though Abnur Tharn had many daughters, we knew which one he meant.'

Either Clivia hasn't aged well, or frost trolls are considered beautiful in Tamriel. Hmm...maybe this explains why your average NPC looked the way they did in Morrowind and Oblivion, with such standards of beauty. ;)

(Hey, I don't judge--if you think frost trolls are gorgeous, well, you do you!)
    PC/NA. Alliance agnostic: all factions suck and should go touch grass together.
    If you ever wonder why certain official fandom spaces are so often toxic, remember: corruption starts from the top.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Either Clivia hasn't aged well, or frost trolls are considered beautiful in Tamriel.

I'm inclined to think she hasn't aged well--look at that scowl on her face. Though I did have a pet theory that Imperial fashion included a recent period where women drew circles on their foreheads, and someone tried to translate that into a doll. Or possibly the third 'eye' is the jewel on her crown.

#proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • arena25
    arena25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't really like Clivia. To me, it sounds like she wants my death. That scowl on her face tells me "I'm going to kidnap you and kill your ***." It almost reminds me of my school's rival...
    If you can't handle the heat...stay out of the kitchen!
  • Medieval3D
    Medieval3D
    ✭✭✭
    Nice story :)
    Medieval
  • lunarsyed
    lunarsyed
    ✭✭✭
    so are we ever going to find out where clivia tharn dissapeared to? is there gonna be a sequel to the main story? abnur tharn is also missing maybe he took clivia along and fled.