Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Unable to launch game

DMuehlhausen
DMuehlhausen
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I'm not able to launch the game. The launcher opens and loads. It downloads any updates, after I hit play though nothing happens.

It doesn't show up in task manager. I have allowed it through my firewall. It was launching yesterday. As far as I'm aware nothing on my side has changed.

I have run the repair. I run both as admin and regular. I have upgraded to Win 10 but that was over a month ago. However, this is the second time this has now happened since that upgrade.

This is starting to become so frustrating I'm considering just giving up on this game. While the improvements are welcome not being able to run the game every few days and just being told to reinstall is not the answer.

I hate bringing up that previous paragraph, but when you are paying for a service (I'm ESO Plus) and you can't even launch your service all of the time it just makes you wonder what you are paying for.
  • DMuehlhausen
    DMuehlhausen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well been almost 3 days at least since I've last been able to log on.

Guess it's back to SWTOR or D3 yet again while they try to figure this one out. I know I won't be, but at this point I should get at least a couple days or a week free on the next cycle. This has been an issue since launch really.
  • DMuehlhausen
    DMuehlhausen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So I'm finally getting a reply from support.

They are trying to blame it on my Anti Virus software and my router. The software had been working fine for awhile on this same router and anti virus. I didn't make any changes to my software. This leads me to believe that it's something in that latest update they pushed.

However, I have been trying to configure the router to just let it through, which I believe I have set it to forward the port range, and I added ESO to the application list in my Antivirus to allow through and still I can't get the game to launch.

Does anybody else have the Cisco E2500 router that can throw me the settings so I can double check them to make sure they are right.
  • ciaranthemoob16_ESO
    ciaranthemoob16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    ^same problem! i'm wondering if the problem is windows 10? my connection hasn't changed in forever, and i've tried turning off my antivirus to no effect!

so as you said...off to play something else
  • DMuehlhausen
    DMuehlhausen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So this is awesome. Game works fine on 10/30. I do not try to log in again until today. Patch downloads..now the game won't launch again.

Come on Zenimax get your crap together. I understand there are other people on Windows 10 and this doesn't happen too. I have done all the tests, ran all the diagnostics you have asked and all I get told is uninstall nVidia Shield or reinstall the game. Well I did that before and then again right after a patch it doesn't work anymore!

The awesome part is I just bought some crowns on the store now I can't use my account without reinstalling the game. This feels pretty shady.
  • DMuehlhausen
    DMuehlhausen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think I know part of the issue.

It seems when there is a update it has to be run as administrator. The problem with this is my account has admin rights, but I think the launcher requires the actual administrator account. It will download the patch then start applying the patch and crash. Then I'm prompted to repair it, but it never really fixes it cause it wasn't the administrator account.

This isn't an issue if you always remember to right click - Run as Administrator. However you shouldn't have to do that specially if you have admin rights on your local account. So while I can try to remember to run as admin something needs to be changed so the launcher looks for admin rights and not administrator account.