The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

ESO Membership and Crowns. (I hope someone from ESO reads this.)

TheBritishBunny
I have recently paid to renew my ESO Membership, but I have received NO crowns for it. Does this not come with the membership anymore?

I did recently asked ESO about it, they asked for a receipt. I gave them one with my tax invoice from the Xbox, and they then sent me an email to say it is Xbox's problem, not theirs.

I then chatted to a very nice gentleman from Xbox, and he said even though yes I did buy my ESO membership from the Xbox, all they can do is cancel/refund my purchase but they can not give me crowns. That is up to ESO.

No one from ESO has helped me resolve this issue and I still have no crowns.

Should I just give up my membership?
Ebonheart Pact
Dovahkiin Empire
Breton/Sorceress
DPS/Asskicker

How would you like me to cut off that ugly fat of yours? By chopping your head off! - Wayrest Headsman.
  • robwolf666
    robwolf666
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First thing to do is send a message through the game via a ticket. You need to explain that you haven't had your Crowns.
    You'll then get an email asking for proof of purchase. What you need to do here is attach the purchase/renewal email from Microsoft AND a screenshot of the transaction on your Microsoft transaction history. (There'll be a link in the email explaining how to do this).

Apparently this is a known issue between Zenimax and Xbox where purchases like sub renewals don't show up immediately, so the Crowns aren't sent. For example, my renewal went through on 1st Oct, but didn't show up on the Microsoft transaction list until 20th Oct - so I've had to wait, what, 3 weeks until I could "prove" my renewal and get the 1500 Crowns I wasn't sent on the 1st.
  • TheBritishBunny
    robwolf666 wrote: »
    First thing to do is send a message through the game via a ticket. You need to explain that you haven't had your Crowns.
    You'll then get an email asking for proof of purchase. What you need to do here is attach the purchase/renewal email from Microsoft AND a screenshot of the transaction on your Microsoft transaction history. (There'll be a link in the email explaining how to do this).

Apparently this is a known issue between Zenimax and Xbox where purchases like sub renewals don't show up immediately, so the Crowns aren't sent. For example, my renewal went through on 1st Oct, but didn't show up on the Microsoft transaction list until 20th Oct - so I've had to wait, what, 3 weeks until I could "prove" my renewal and get the 1500 Crowns I wasn't sent on the 1st.

I did show them the proof of purchase and this was their reply:

"Greetings!

Thank you for contacting The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Team. All purchase items must be brought to the original retailer. We here at ESOTU have no ability to view, edit, or refund transactions made through the Xbox Marketplace or other retail locations. As such, we are unable to assist further with your purchase inquiry."

And so I contacted Xbox and they told me what ESO has said is correct, HOWEVER, they do not issue crowns and that is up to ESO to resolve my issue, not Xbox.

So I am being slinged back and fourth with no resolve in the matter. ):
    Ebonheart Pact
    Dovahkiin Empire
    Breton/Sorceress
    DPS/Asskicker

How would you like me to cut off that ugly fat of yours? By chopping your head off! - Wayrest Headsman.
  • Silky_Shokz
    Silky_Shokz
    ✭✭✭
    Mine was due for renewal on the 15th

Not had anything come through and not been charged, even though the money is there and there should be no problem with the transaction.

I tried to re-purchase ESO Plus in-game again and it said I already had a membership and my next payment was due on the 21st of December?

Can anyone from ESO/ZOS look into this please and let me know why I can't have October & November's membership and crowns? :/
  • robwolf666
    robwolf666
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^^

I'm not sure what to tell you then, as soon as I gave them what they needed (proof of purchase email and screenshot) my Crowns were credited within a few hours.

How did you purchase your ESO+, through the game option in the Crowns store, or directly from XBL Marketplace? Maybe that makes some kind of difference.
  • robwolf666
    robwolf666
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not had anything come through and not been charged, even though the money is there and there should be no problem with the transaction.

I tried to re-purchase ESO Plus in-game again and it said I already had a membership and my next payment was due on the 21st of December?

Can anyone from ESO/ZOS look into this please and let me know why I can't have October & November's membership and crowns? :/

What I've discovered through this is that subscriptions get credited as specified times of the month, so even though your ESO+ sub will show as renewed, it won't actually be charged until the same time as your XBL sub... that's why you don't get the Crowns when you're supposed to.
    Edited by robwolf666 on October 23, 2015 1:30PM
  • Silky_Shokz
    Silky_Shokz
    ✭✭✭

What I've discovered through this is that subscriptions get credited as specified times of the month, so even though your ESO+ sub will show as renewed, it won't actually be charged until the same time as your XBL sub... that's why you don't get the Crowns when you're supposed to.

The previous months, it was always the 15th (the date I purchased the membership on), but I don't have anything for this month, and now it's changed to the 21st of the month for December.

My XBL sub is 3 monthly (I think, I don't check, I just let the direct debit roll as I know it'll be paid :D ), so does that mean I'm now only going to get my membership renewal and crowns every 3 months? :/

Sorry Bunny, didn't mean to hi-jack :D
    Edited by Silky_Shokz on October 23, 2015 1:53PM
  • robwolf666
    robwolf666
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Up until this month mine went thru on the rebill date as well, but it changed for some reason, I have no idea why. My XBL rebills monthly, so I really have no idea how it will affect a 3 monthly rebill.
  • TheBritishBunny
    My XBL renews every year, but regardless of that matter I don't see how that should matter when it comes to ESO membership as both are different. I don't know. ):
    Ebonheart Pact
    Dovahkiin Empire
    Breton/Sorceress
    DPS/Asskicker

• BigMac_Smiley
    BigMac_Smiley
    ✭✭✭

"Greetings!

Thank you for contacting The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Team. All purchase items must be brought to the original retailer. We here at ESOTU have no ability to view, edit, or refund transactions made through the Xbox Marketplace or other retail locations. As such, we are unable to assist further with your purchase inquiry."

And so I contacted Xbox and they told me what ESO has said is correct, HOWEVER, they do not issue crowns and that is up to ESO to resolve my issue, not Xbox.

They will always ask you to contact xbox for some reason, they know it is there issue though. Just reply to that email saying you did contact them and everthing is good on there end. After that they should start the process to give you your crowns.
  • robwolf666
    robwolf666
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My XBL renews every year, but regardless of that matter I don't see how that should matter when it comes to ESO membership as both are different. I don't know. ):

it's because they're both billed thru Microsoft, ESO is, I think, considered an XBL subscription, and as such is billed thru Xbox/Microsoft.
  • robwolf666
    robwolf666
    ✭✭✭✭✭

"Greetings!

They will always ask you to contact xbox for some reason, they know it is there issue though. Just reply to that email saying you did contact them and everthing is good on there end. After that they should start the process to give you your crowns.

True, but no matter who you contact they'll still ask for proof of purchase. It's just not as simple as saying "I didn't get my Crowns" unfortunately.
  • TheBritishBunny
    Still waiting for my crowns. ):
    Ebonheart Pact
    Dovahkiin Empire
    Breton/Sorceress
    DPS/Asskicker

• BlackguardBob
    BlackguardBob
    ✭✭✭
    I have recently paid to renew my ESO Membership, but I have received NO crowns for it. Does this not come with the membership anymore?

I did recently asked ESO about it, they asked for a receipt. I gave them one with my tax invoice from the Xbox, and they then sent me an email to say it is Xbox's problem, not theirs.

I then chatted to a very nice gentleman from Xbox, and he said even though yes I did buy my ESO membership from the Xbox, all they can do is cancel/refund my purchase but they can not give me crowns. That is up to ESO.

No one from ESO has helped me resolve this issue and I still have no crowns.

Should I just give up my membership?

That's your call but if you want my opinion then I say "yes".

Why?

Because this happened to me and I cancelled my ESO membership and now use the coded cards you can buy from shops which are btw, much cheaper than £8.99 every month. 5500 crowns cost £23.99 vs more that £30 with a membership that doesn't support discounted long term membership.

I see posts where people have gone for 4 months w/o their crowns. That only happens to me once and I take action! Maybe they should do this also and not play victim.

ZoS aren't reading these "missing crowns" posts. They're not interested because they see this a MS transaction. MS see this as an ESO server issue ("it's their game they need to fix this"). Result? Intransigence! Neither party will give you your crowns. All you can expect is a nonsense machine printed email which you cannot even respond to.

Please do not misunderstand me. I am not bitter (I still buy crowns and play this game every day). I am just politely suggesting an alternative way of buying crowns while cancelling your ESO membership.

Trust me, I have spoken with ESO, Bethesda and MS for several hours about this and you know how I came to cancel my ESO sub? MS did it. They suggested it rather than deal with the problem so I thought that's the best I'm gonna get from these people so I'll take it.

It's like banging your head off a wall. It's great when it stops.

PS: To all you guys out there who have been waiting for your crowns, don't wait. You know what you have to do so do it or be a victim for another month. :wink: )

• RogueWolf_I77V
    This has started to get on my nerves.
  • Silky_Shokz
    Silky_Shokz
    ✭✭✭
    Too many people are having the same or similar issues.

As has been mentioned already, a mass cancellation may be in order and start to use the coded cards. Cheaper, and when ZOS have their meetings and ask why the sudden drop in income from membership subscriptions, they'll soon realise why :)