The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Updating at 18KB/s

Mikeszf
Mikeszf
Soul Shriven
So, I open the launcher and it starts downloading at mildly acceptable 240+KB/s just to a few minutes later drop to around 17 to 20 KB/s.
Which leaves me facing 2 options:
  • Stay on the computer the whole day to pause and restart the download every couple of minutes.
  • Get another game and come back in about 4 months.
I tried to download the windows client and this stopped me from doing it as well, now I just have no option but wait who knows how long for the update. If you consider that the sever can't handle the download speed without affecting gameplay then you should add p2p to the launcher or something, at the very least as an option...
  • ThePonzzz
    ThePonzzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I downloaded at 65mB/s. Was done pretty quick.
    Edited by ThePonzzz on November 2, 2015 5:06PM
  • SleepyTroll
    SleepyTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Downloaded at 2.6mB/s
    I know a lot of things is ZOS's fault and everything but this is eather on your end or its because everyone is downloading the patch.
  • Mikeszf
    Mikeszf
    Soul Shriven
    No, I realise is the launcher now. It will download at say 500KB/s which is the top of my speed but if something else uses the network, say I open snapchat on my phone it will go to 17 - 20 KB/s regardless of if I stop using the internet until I pause and restart the download again.

So ill just disconnect the router and connect the computer directly on the modem.
  • Marcosyn11
    Marcosyn11
    ✭✭✭
    For me is only downloading at 130 KB/s. My connection is generally faster but I guess with all the players downloading the patch it becomes slower.
    EU Megaserver - Lusitano
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Mikeszf wrote: »
    So, I open the launcher and it starts downloading at mildly acceptable 240+KB/s just to a few minutes later drop to around 17 to 20 KB/s.
    Which leaves me facing 2 options:
    • Stay on the computer the whole day to pause and restart the download every couple of minutes.
    • Get another game and come back in about 4 months.
    I tried to download the windows client and this stopped me from doing it as well, now I just have no option but wait who knows how long for the update. If you consider that the sever can't handle the download speed without affecting gameplay then you should add p2p to the launcher or something, at the very least as an option...

I have 32MB/s

(5GHz wifi router)