Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

**Suggestion** Turn obsolete dropped sets into crafted sets....

Robbmrp
Robbmrp
✭✭✭✭✭
Hello @ZOS_GinaBruno, @ZOS_JessicaFolsom, @ZOS_RichLambert

Why not take the old dropped sets that aren't being increased in levels and make them craftable sets? With crafters being able to make these sets, it would help improve the economy as well as give people a lot more diversity with creating and enjoying new builds. You won't need to create new stations for them, just add them in with the existing special crafted stations. There are a lot of great sets out there that would work really well at higher levels for sure. Why limit them to just the lower levels? Let us make them and see how much fun we can have :smiley:

There are A LOT more dropped sets than crafted, lets even that up a bit please.
NA Server - Kildair
  • Glory
    Glory
    Class Representative
    I think this would be an interesting and good idea.

I too see some of the old sets and would love to have at least SOME way to obtain them at higher (or any useful) levels.
    mDK will rise again.
    Rebuild Necromancer pet AI.

@Glorious since I have too many characters to list

Ádamant

Strongly against Faction Lock
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would like that but it would never happen because it would almost make their new sets useless or no better. Man would I LOVE a 5 piece Julianos and crafted vr16 Martial Knowledge. That'd be pretty awesome lol. But it won't/can't happen.
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't mind seeing this, there are so many interesting sets that are just never used given the small level range they are found in.
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CP5 wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind seeing this, there are so many interesting sets that are just never used given the small level range they are found in.

Yeah, these are the ones I'm talking about. Anything that levels to a V14 shouldn't be included in this. Warlock, Adroitness, Ice Furnace are just a few that would be great to have in higher levels. Granted we can't make Jewelry but that would be ok, as long as we could make the rest of the items.
    NA Server - Kildair
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is rare that I ever get a full Dropped Set. It would be nice to be able to make them.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Jura23
    Jura23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree about the sets that do not scale to v16. That would be too awesome. But there are also some dropped sets that sell cheap and are considered subpar, but also they do scale to v16. These are actually an option for casual players now since grinding mats became real. Even thoough most ppl wouldn't admit using them.
    Georgion - Bosmer/Templar - PC/EU
  • myrrrorb14_ESO
    myrrrorb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is a cool idea.

After a year / season. Make previous season sets learnable. Even if its their grind fest one piece at a time it would be cool.
  • BeanBagGamer
    BeanBagGamer
    ✭✭
    Good Idea, or just make the drop at VET 16 so they are no longer irrelevant.
    Edited by BeanBagGamer on October 22, 2015 3:27PM
  • LarryLoaf
    LarryLoaf
    Soul Shriven
    or make them researchable it would be awesome im VR8 and have tried other sets but have gone back to Warlock set VR1 (2 Armour 3 Jewelry.) as for me i cant think of anything better. If i could research these to make VR16 when i get there would be dope it would not bother me if there were bound items so could not be traded
  • Ender1310
    Ender1310
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes plz. Crafters need this but make this some sort of insane perk for mastering crafting do not let run of the mill crafters have it. Also sets like martial which would break balance do not allow that simple, I would target the moray tong set but if it's op Ed don't allow it.