Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Orsinium writ rewards

HebrewHatchet
HebrewHatchet
✭✭✭
Are there going to be any new crafting writ rewards with Orsinium?

When IC was coming out, many people saved their equipment crafting writ reward satchels/vessels in order to get glass and psyjic fragments. Is there any reason to do that with Orsinium?
[PS4 NA]
PSN: HebrewHatchet
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From what I can tell, there will be Writs for L10 materials and those will have reward containers scaled to that material. So, unless you actually get a container scaled to the new materials (VII maybe?) then you won't get any of the new stuff.

So, no real reason to keep your writ reward containers.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tested in PTS with about hundred containers when EU toons were copied. Nothing new came out.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have saved 25 of each writ box on two chars, struggling like never before with inventory space. I guess I can open them today then :/
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope. There are very good reasons to keep your gold keys from undaunted pledges, but not the reward boxes from crafting writs.
  • Haxnschwammer
    Haxnschwammer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hmm... Do I have to waste 100 rubedite ingots(or leather/wood) for those writs?
    And what do I get back as a reward? Even with nodes to harvest I doubt the
    Reward could be anything rewarding...
    Once I was a healer. Then I took a Wrobel to the knee.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's your choice, basically.
    As it looks now it's not really worth doing those 10/10 writs but ZOS are aware of this issue and maybe they'll have changed the table loot for them when the DLC comes live.
    If not, I suppose it will be worth doing if you are hunting motifs. Otherwise...
  • Scyantific
    Scyantific
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait what? There's going to be tier 10 writs and the rewards won't be tier 10 items?

That's total BS.
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There will be top tier items but just like the other levels, you don't get back the quantity of mats you've invested.

At tier 9/10 it still makes some sens to do the writs because you can get gold tempers; but what's the point in investing say 50 rubedite for a writ, you'll get 700g + 15 rubedite + a gold temper for it. It's the same gold temper you'd get with a tier 9/10 writ anyway.

I don't see the point really. Unless there's a significant (and I mean : significant...) chance to get a motif...
    Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on November 1, 2015 3:32PM
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In PTS i got few times tier 10 writs. Zos dropped top tier writ requirements to minimum, one of each three items. If the writ dropped survey map, they gave ample amount of vr15 mats, just like Craglorn surveys but all rubby mats. There were too few writs to say anything sure how balanced the writ system is. I think the writ system is close to sustainable, excluding rubby leather. But the system is not sustainable for both crafting vr16 gear and writs.

Weirdly 2.2.3 gave only 9/10 writs (even when having 10/10 skillpoints) and prevented further testing. I don't know if that was a bug or extreme rng...

I think i'll put my main crafter and harvester to 10/10 and alts to 9/10. 70% of nodes in Orsinium drop still void/night stuff, and only place to burn them is writs. For those having only one crafter, this is mad situation. For writs 9/10 seems to be best, but what kind of crafter chooses to be second best and not being able to harvest nor craft their vr16 gear? Zos should not push crafters this way. This is one more example how limiting vr15+ basic mats hurts the game.
    Edited by helediron on October 31, 2015 3:40PM
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am confused...

I have a VR16 master crafter, fully maxed out because I wanted to craft my own VR16 gear.

Will I get level 10 writs that NEED to be fulfilled in Orsinium?

And will these writs REQUIRE VR15/16 materials that can only be harvested in DLC areas (IC and Orsinium)?

In short, will I be forced to buy DLC if I want to continue with writs? Or will I have to respec down so I can't craft the gear I want but get 9/10 writs in Craglorn?
  • Arkadius
    Arkadius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am confused...

I have a VR16 master crafter, fully maxed out because I wanted to craft my own VR16 gear.

Will I get level 10 writs that NEED to be fulfilled in Orsinium?

And will these writs REQUIRE VR15/16 materials that can only be harvested in DLC areas (IC and Orsinium)?

In short, will I be forced to buy DLC if I want to continue with writs? Or will I have to respec down so I can't craft the gear I want but get 9/10 writs in Craglorn?

With a 10/10 spec, you'll get tier 10 writs in Craglorn. Those require you to craft a mix of tier 9 and 10 items. If you want to do pure tier 9 writs, you'll need to respec your professions to 9/10. But remember, you won't find tier 10 resource nodes then, neither in Wrothgar nor in Cyrodiil.
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remember also that you'll be able to find VR15/16 mats in nodes in Cyrodiil (and by deconstructing dungeons dropped items). => no need for DLC to complete tier 10 writs (but lots of patience).