The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What should I do?

21jws10
21jws10
✭✭✭
Hi,

I haven't played the game for a while and would like to make a new character as I'm bored of my current ones, the only class I've never played through with is templar, and was wondering if it would go with my playstyle.

I only play Imperial and like PvP, my favourite weapon is one hand and shield, nothing else like it, dislike generic stuff. I also seem to have no idea how to use it in PvP with the new update, armor is a confusing thing too.

Any suggestions as to what I could do?
PS4 | EU | falout565 | Looking for PvP group, messsage me, BWB
  • Artjuh90
    Artjuh90
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    play the game...
  • rager82b14_ESO
    rager82b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Artjuh90 wrote: »
    play the game...

And after that players yelling at him for not looking things up or asking? Come on now.

I wish I could help you with this info, If you can't find what you need from the forums/guides. I would try and find a guild that could help. Sorry that I could not be much help.
  • 21jws10
    21jws10
    ✭✭✭

And after that players yelling at him for not looking things up or asking? Come on now.

I wish I could help you with this info, If you can't find what you need from the forums/guides. I would try and find a guild that could help. Sorry that I could not be much help.

Frankly, I'm not looking for guides, I'm looking for opinions.

Thanks for being nice though! :D

• Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templar really isn't my thing, but Sword and board? Imperial is perfect. 12% max health, 10% max stamina, chance on receiving health with melee attacks. They also have Shield Affinity, so the S+B skill line levels 15% faster.
    Considering a Templar's main shield is based off their max health (I think?), the Imperial will definitely benefit somewhat there.

Are you looking to go magicka or stamina build?
  • 21jws10
    21jws10
    ✭✭✭
    @Alucardo I think stamina is what I could be looking at, magicka hasn't really been my thing.
  • Artjuh90
    Artjuh90
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    play the game...

lol if someone is yelling about my build i just plain ignore them and move on.
    i play the game for myself not a childish fat guy behind a pc
  • rager82b14_ESO
    rager82b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    play the game...

lol if someone is yelling about my build i just plain ignore them and move on.
    i play the game for myself not a childish fat guy behind a pc

That is a good way to do things, but understanding not everyone feels that way as well. Some players if they want to group, feel they should be ready to play the best they can for that group, because it shows respect, and he hopes the other members are willing to do it as well.

We all have our own playstyles. ^^
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    21jws10 wrote: »
    Hi,

I haven't played the game for a while and would like to make a new character as I'm bored of my current ones, the only class I've never played through with is templar, and was wondering if it would go with my playstyle.

I only play Imperial and like PvP, my favourite weapon is one hand and shield, nothing else like it, dislike generic stuff. I also seem to have no idea how to use it in PvP with the new update, armor is a confusing thing too.

This may sound obvious, but I think you might want to try an Imperial templar, use mostly sword and board, try to avoid anything you consider generic and should probably spend a lot of time in Cyrodiil.

Consider Blackwater Blade campaign as soon as you hit level 10. Try magicka and stamina setups and go with whatever you prefer after trying both.

Edited by redspecter23 on October 31, 2015 5:02PM
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you only play one race and one weapon choice, and are bored with your existing characters, why not try a different race and weapon choice?
  • RizaHawkeye
    RizaHawkeye
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Alucardo I think stamina is what I could be looking at, magicka hasn't really been my thing.

One warning, though (as someone who plays stamina characters and avoids the magic skills): Stamina has been seriously nerfed. Very seriously. Particularly for a sword & shield build, where you will be spending a large part of your time blocking.

I have an Imperial, bow and S/S, that I made before the stamina nerf. I don't want to reroll her or change her to a 2H (very popular choice right now) because I want to play S&S.

The problem is that I'm now putting everything into stamina buffs. Food/most of my potions/enchanting. If I have a fight that lasts more than a few minutes, you'll be out of stamina.

EDIT: Templar would be good choice, though. I'm trying a new Imperial Templar S&S/S&S now.

Edited by RizaHawkeye on October 31, 2015 5:30PM
    War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

The heroes during times of war, are nothing but mass murderers during times of peace.

Riza Hawkeye

Learn to play, or resign to become one of pieces that is meant to be sacrificed.

Meridia
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It all depends...

But templar meshes well with any kind of build!

A stamina templar can be quite effective, heavy armor meshes very well with the templar selfheals, and even medium armor can be well supported by templar shields. Imperial would be good for either of those...

Yes, blocking has been somewhat nerfed for stamina builds, since there no longer is any stamina regen while holding block... but that is easy enough to work around for most builds, though it IS noticable in PvP especially where you can't go at a battle setting your own pace... and as mentioned, more of an issue with S&B where blocking is a large part of your arsenal.

Might want to choose a DPS weapon for your secondary though, two-handed and WB-spam is the current FotM in cyrodil I believe... though of course bow is also nice for the range when defending keeps and such (though the best archers are still nightblades for the surprise arrow to the knee, and dragonknights for the wing-flap defense as instant win in almost any ranged duel...)
  • 21jws10
    21jws10
    ✭✭✭
    What magicka moves should I be using? I was thinking bubble and toppling charge.
    Unsure of what to have as my backbar weapon..
  • Aoife32001
    Aoife32001
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi,

Templar and DK are great for survivability (if that is why you like 1h&s). I play a 1h&s Templar with a mix of heavy armor and light or medium armor and find it enjoyable. With heals, buffs, and 1h&s skills, I find nice synergy between the class and weapon skill line.

I do not PvP much, though, so unfortunately I can't comment in that area...