The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Cloak - Discussion on countering invisibility

TheNephilimCrow
TheNephilimCrow
✭✭✭
Since I'm against nerf threads and have made a thread similar to this one regarding Wrecking Blow, how about we continue the trend.

How do you, the competent PvP killing machine, counter Cloak?

Again, I ask that we keep trolling and nerf crying to Zero. This is about overcoming difficulties.
Edited by TheNephilimCrow on October 31, 2015 11:32AM
PSN, Youtube & Twitch: TheNephilimCrow
[NA] ESO EP Guild (GM): The Order of Crows (PvE) - 300+ Members (Discontinued)
[NA] ESO AD Guild (GM): The Blades of Ayrenn (PvP) - 45 Members (Actively Recruiting)

|:Veteran Rank:|
VR16 - AD Breton - S&S/Bow Werewolf Stamina Nightblade - Title "Savage Shadow"
VR 1 - AD Altmer - DW/Resto Magicka Sorcerer - Title "Spellsword"

|:Non-Veteran:|
LVL 45 - DC Bosmer - Jack of Trades (Master Provisioning, Blacksmithing, etc.)
Lvl 22 - AD Breton - Templar - Hybrid Build - PvE - Title "The Holy Knight"
LVL 21 - AD Imperial - Dragonknight - Tank Build (In Progress)- Title "The Copper Knight"
Lvl 13 - AD Khajit - DW Magicka Nightblade - Title "Mystical Thief"

• imredneckson
    imredneckson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since I'm against nerf threads and have made a thread similar to this one regarding Wrecking Blow, how about we continue the trend.

Again, I ask that we keep trolling and nerf crying to Zero. This is about overcoming difficulties.

Ive played every class and here are a few ways players can counter cloak

Sorcs - streak, lightning flood, velocious curse, lightning form, daedric mines, and encase
    DKs - flames of oblivion, volatile armor, talons, and eruption
    NBs - path of darkness, mass hysteria, sap essence, mark target
    Templars - puncturing sweep, blazing spear, blazing shield, backlash

If players dont like those options because they cost magicka then here are a few stamina options

Steel tornado, volley, arrow spray, cleave, spiked bone shield, caltrops

A few other magicka options

magelight, scorching flare, impulse, blockade

If they still dont like those options they can buy detect pots and if you cant afford it GO QUEST FOR AN HOUR OR TWO.

IMHO cloak is fine the way it is

Edit: Errors
    Edited by imredneckson on November 2, 2015 8:22AM
    Legions of Mordor Guild Officer
    Member of the GvG Community

Dunmer NB - Merser Frey (DC)
    Dunmer DK - Akaviri Battlereeve (DC)- http://orig05.deviantart.net/7ecd/f/2016/013/b/f/you_***_kill_by_eso_picture-d9nrz0q.png
    Imperial Templar - Knight of the Blood Oath (DC)-
    http://orig00.deviantart.net/5ba3/f/2016/115/a/0/jesus_beam_ftw____by_eso_picture-da09ecj.png
    High Elf Templar - Aurí-El (AD)
    High Elf Templar - Teutonic Honor Guard (EP)
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Radiant magelight works very well. It sees thru cloak AND grants a 50% reduction to damage taken from stealth attacks to both you AND nearby allies. Flare works if you PvPed enough to get it. Pretty much any halfway decent AOE attack will work, and each class has access to at least 1 or 2 of them. I have found that if one uses a gap closer at the right moment, it will hit the NB regardless of cloak.

mana sorcs can counter it easily with lightening form and streak.
    Edited by Cody on October 31, 2015 2:40AM
  • TheNephilimCrow
    TheNephilimCrow
    ✭✭✭
    Those are both really good suggestions.
    [NA] ESO AD Guild (GM): The Blades of Ayrenn (PvP) - 45 Members (Actively Recruiting)

LVL 21 - AD Imperial - Dragonknight - Tank Build (In Progress)- Title "The Copper Knight"

• Aerieth
    Aerieth
    ✭✭✭

Ive played every class and here are a few ways players can counter cloak

Sorcs - streak, lightning flood, velocious curse, lightning form, daedric mines, and encase
    DKs - flames of oblivion, volatile armor, talons, and eruption
    NBs - path of darkness, mass hysteria, sap essence, mark target
    Templars - puncturing sweep, blazing speak, blazing shield, backlash

If players dont like those options because they cost magicka then here are a few stamina options

Steel tornado, volley, arrow spray, cleave, spiked bone shield, caltrops

a few other magicka options

magelight, scorching flare, impulse, blockade

if they still dont like those options they can buy detect pots and if you cant afford it GO QUEST FOR AN HOUR OR TWO.

IMHO cloak is fine the way it is

Edit: Errors

I'll second this. Detection pots are far the easiest way to do it. On my Mag NB, I usually make potions that have Detection, Major Sorcery (20% Spell Damage) and Restore Magicka. If you're a NB, you can also mark them, but with the potion option you don't have to waste a slot in your bars for it.
    @Aerieth - PC EU Megaserver
    Ilatria Shadowcore - Lv 50 Nord Vampire Nightblade - Tank / Stam DPS - Daggerfall Covenant
    Maiine Shadowcore - Lv 50 Breton Vampire Nightblade - Magicka DPS - Daggerfall Covenant
    Aerieth Shadowcore - Lv 50 Imperial Vampire Nightblade - Healer - Daggerfall Covenant
    From patch notes long forgotten:
    "Fixed an issue if you had a summoned pet, it could potentially be grabbed by an invisible Molag-Bal and get stuck in a floating posture."
    "Dogs can no longer teleport while chasing cats (much to the disappointment of the dogs)."
  • Snowgoons
    Snowgoons
    ✭✭✭✭
    Being able to cloak over and over in combat is the dumbest thing I've ever seen. Tops anything seen on Jerry Springer.
    Edited by Snowgoons on October 31, 2015 1:16PM
    Rollin' round Tamriel on that skooma wasted like a failed Grand Theft Auto mission.
  • Bloodgharm
    Bloodgharm
    ✭✭✭
    Snowgoons wrote: »
    Being able to cloak over and over in combat is the dumbest thing I've ever seen. Tops anything seen on Jerry Springer.

Yet when a sorc just keeps reapplying shields and/or streaks away, that's perfectly fine? Sure, there's the shieldbreaker set, but it just makes you a sorc shield stacker hunter and not much else.
  • GuyNamedSean
    GuyNamedSean
    ✭✭✭✭
    Piercing Mark is my solution. I'm a tank, so I'm really difficult to gank. If I see you, everyone will see you.
    Former Guildmaster of the Legion of Mournhold
    XBL: GuyNamedSean
    PC: GuyNamedSeanPC
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bloodgharm wrote: »

Yet when a sorc just keeps reapplying shields and/or streaks away, that's perfectly fine? Sure, there's the shieldbreaker set, but it just makes you a sorc shield stacker hunter and not much else.

And those templars with their heals, able to stay in the fight how dare they.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Bloodgharm wrote: »

aren't the double standards of the forums just wonderful? :D
  • Nirnrot
    Nirnrot
    ✭✭✭
    I believe ZOS had their heart in the right place with avoiding cooldowns but the reality is their decision has allowed players to spam one or two effective moves, and in turn *** off the ones on the wrong side of the stick. I think they tried really hard to not be like World of Warcraft in that sense, but cooldowns do serve a purpose. I remember Vanish, the Rogue version of a NBs Cloak was like a 3 minute cooldown. And shadowform or whatever it was called was what removed dots and also had a cooldown. Now we have both moves in one and it's spammable.

I personally have no qualms with cloak and the other skills that keep getting bashed on the forums but if there were cooldowns in place, none of this would be an issue. Although experience tells me those people would just find some other aspect of the game which they find extreme difficulty to overcome and bash that lol
  • TheNephilimCrow
    TheNephilimCrow
    ✭✭✭
    Bump for more information.