The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Feeding multiple horses at once

DDemon
DDemon
✭✭✭✭
Currently the loading screens are taking significant amount of time, such a long time that I stopped feeding horses of my alternate characters.

Some might say: have some patience. However, I am running multiple SSD's on an OC'd i7 processor, I am used to the most heavy games loading almost instantly. I simply don't have the patience to do so.

As such, I wanted to suggest the ability to stall your horse, and have one character have the ability to feed all the horses in that stable, so people with multiple horses do not have to spend half an hour just logging in and out to feed them.
Edited by DDemon on October 31, 2015 2:37PM
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You don't feed your horses anymore, haven't for awhile.

You train the Riding Skill on that character so it wouldn't make sense to train the skill of a different character.

I hear you about your load screens, tho.
    Lag is ruinin' my 'mershun!
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
    There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance - Socrates
    Member of the Old Guard, keepers of the game's history

PC/NA
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Xendyn wrote: »
    You don't feed your horses anymore, haven't for awhile.

You train the Riding Skill on that character so it wouldn't make sense to train the skill of a different character.

I hear you about your load screens, tho.

It is the same thing. Riding skills are character based not account based.If you want to train your alts you need to log in once a day.

Loading screens do appear to be more problematic in some zones. If you park your alts in a low pop zone it helps. Don't train your alt riding in Mournhold if EP for example do it somewhere like Greenshade. It helps...I think.
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
    Fan of icontested(rainbow colors granted)
  • cerrudo33
    cerrudo33
    ✭✭✭
    Or here's an idea for more efficient inventory and time management on those clerical duties for mains/alts...

I draw my inspiration from Neverwinter for this because the gateway portal they designed for outside game management allowed for a browser to link to your in game account character and do trainings etc (seamless movement between characters on screen).

So, linking our accounts to a browser/phone app so we can switch between our characters and activate riding training, research items from inventory/stash, post items into stores/banks from inventory or stash... Basically, the inventory management clerical duties that especially with the longer load times are becoming an extreme chore. One thing that should not be added to this though is writs as personally I feel you should be logged in for that since there is an actual "delivery."

Implementation of this would likely be hellish and more like a phantasy as it would change a fair amount of game dynamics but hey, ideas are ideas right?
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is a better idea - just let them "stack" unused riding lessions like daily enlightment. Then you could do, say, up to a week worth of riding lessions in one go - would be good for those casual players who due to their work schedule cannot log in each day, but instead polay a full day each weekend...
  • mdylan2013
    mdylan2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally I log on each alt everyday to do my writs, so I just suck it up. The long loading times are annoying though.
    PS4/EU
    CP-1300+
    PSN - LookoutLuke
    15 Max level toons
    PVE/PVP
  • ContraTempo
    ContraTempo
    ✭✭✭✭
    PBpsy wrote: »
    Loading screens do appear to be more problematic in some zones. If you park your alts in a low pop zone it helps. Don't train your alt riding in Mournhold if EP for example do it somewhere like Greenshade. It helps...I think.

Wow, great tip! Thanks!

ContraTempo
    Carpe DM
    Seize the Dungeon Master

• Kuroinu
    Kuroinu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm, the title of the thread isn't really the issue you have here lol. Like you mention, it's the loading screens that are causing you the most pain. So do-da-do do-do, "Getting fed up of multiple long loading screens." is probably a better title.

But I understand, we are all tired of the loading screens and we are also all tired of hearing about people being tired of them. We know they're working on it and all we can do is wait(lol) and hope that this gets resolved soon.
  • ContraTempo
    ContraTempo
    ✭✭✭✭
    PBpsy wrote: »

Wow, great tip! Thanks!

Unfortunately this does not seems to work. I tried it and while various characters loader a few seconds faster or slower it was not dependent on what region they were in. IDK, it might have had more to do with their level or their inventory.

ContraTempo
    Carpe DM
    Seize the Dungeon Master