The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Respecting skill points destroy current researching (2) items?

Aro247
Aro247
So I am going to respect my DK skill points. I am wondering, since I have skill points in enhanced research for the blacksmithing and woodworking that allows me to research 2 items at once. If I reset my skill points while 2 items are researching what will occur? Will I loose the items that are currently researching or will they continue until they are complete?
I woke up in a forest but I was all alone. Death surrounds me but it's all I know.
  • Ommamar
    Ommamar
    ✭✭✭✭
    It stalls the research on those items then it will set the remaining time to what it would be if you hadn't placed those points into the research boost. You already "lost" those items but the research Que is still there. As to the item order it will start again after you respec with the first item you started on, then I have been told that it moves on to the next item. I can't confirm this as I put the points back in to the trade skill before the first item was completed so then it began researching the second item from the point it was at when I respecced.
  • Arkadius
    Arkadius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Current researches won't be cancelled, so you won't lose any items. But you will, of course, lose the time bonus unless you put skill points back to the research skill.
  • Ommamar
    Ommamar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xiana wrote: »
    Current researches won't be cancelled, so you won't lose any items. But you will, of course, lose the time bonus unless you put skill points back to the research skill.

Nice answer Xiana. Much briefer then mine!
  • RaEDe
    RaEDe
    ✭✭
    Any items that are already researching will continue to research although they will revert to a longer research time (if you had applied skill points to shorten the time) until you reapply the skill points.
  • Aro247
    Aro247
    Ommamar wrote: »
    It stalls the research on those items then it will set the remaining time to what it would be if you hadn't placed those points into the research boost. You already "lost" those items but the research Que is still there. As to the item order it will start again after you respec with the first item you started on, then I have been told that it moves on to the next item. I can't confirm this as I put the points back in to the trade skill before the first item was completed so then it began researching the second item from the point it was at when I respecced.

Xiana wrote: »

Really appreciate it thanks.
    I woke up in a forest but I was all alone. Death surrounds me but it's all I know.