The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

2 days in a row your game has been unplayable

xAPxZeez
xAPxZeez
✭✭
I'm an eso plus member paying a monthly subscription are you going to do something for us who are PAYING to NOT play? I understand the weekly maintenance down times but in addition there have been MANY other down times. I'd bet if you combined ALL the down times for maintenances, disconnects, server over loads and rediculous load times a month or more of time would be accumulated. Something should be done. I myself working in IT understand some issues you initially may have had but your game brought in so much money the only conclusion anyone can draw is its been run by incompetent people.

Eso+ members should get 3000 crowns or some type of refund. You are denying us access to a service we are paying for.
Eso+ needs more incentives as well because F2P in this game is too attractive. They don't need to be game breaking but convenience incentives like a summon able banker/merchant that can be used in the wild/dungeons.
  • Paazhahdrimaak
    Paazhahdrimaak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree I can only play during these shut down hours. And it's driving me crazy. I'm also paying for eso plus.
  • Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    15€ per month

1 month = 30 days (make it simple)

2 days = 1€

You want 3.000 crowns, worth more than a whole DLC. I hope you realize how completely **** your expectations are.

ESO+ could get 2, maybe 3 extra days of membership.

It's not like there's nothing to do... wander the forums? Theorycraft builds? Go play a minigame on some other website? Go read a book? Listen to music? Read threads about people complaining that it's an absolute shame to lose 2 days of game time and want 500€/$ as a compensation? Read the news? Go shopping? Go make dinner?

I dunno... something?
    PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.
  • OmniDevil
    OmniDevil
    ✭✭✭✭
    By 1. Purchasing the game, 2. Purchasing ESO+ and 3. Following 1 and 2 and creating an account, you have openly agreed to the ToS of TESO:TU. All that fine print no one really bothers to read before clicking on "I Accept". In the ToS it does state that they don't guarantee 100% up-time. As such, although I can 1completely understand the frustration this is causing players of this time of day, you're asking for compensation? You claim to be in IT, understand that "things can happen", but it's absurd and inexcusable that a Data-center wide maintenance is taking longer than expected?

In situations of intellectual, hardware, software, etc. damage and/or loss, that caused character deletion, item/currency loss, I can see compensation being provided and, even then, I wouldn't expect anything.

Further, insulting the capability or technical know-how of a ZOS technician/employee because, "I'm in IT and I know better"? Really uncalled for. Nothing is perfect, no company is perfect, no person is perfect. If you're capable of understanding that things happen, then you're capable of understanding they're doing everything they can to get everything up and running.

At least they're keeping everyone informed. A lot of other organizations don't give their consumers that much effort...
    Rogue's Gallery (EP)(NA)(XB1)

Proud Member and Officer
    We’re recruiting for our ESO (Xbox One) Chapter
    ESO Application: Apply Here
    Homepage: http://www.roguesgalleryguild.com/
    TF Guild Page: http://tamrielfoundry.com/groups/rogues-gallery/
    Character List
    "Varyn Wryn" cp427 Nord Templar (Magicka DPS/Healer)
    "Maelis Artorius" cp427 Redguard Dragonknight (Stamina DPS)
    "Arius the Shade" cp427 Khajiit Nightblade (Stamina DPS)
    "Astalor Bloodsworn" Level 7 Altmer Sorcerer (Magicka DPS)
  • Theodorus
    Theodorus
    ✭✭✭
    I'm ESO+ also. In terms of contract law ZOS is not in violation of anything by taking their servers down for the large part of two days while they upgrade hardware. You are paying for a service, and if you don't feel you're getting fair value for your $15 you have the right as a consumer to cancel that service and go f2p.

But that's it. Nobody owes you a thing.
    Walking Dead survival tip ... just run faster than Otis
  • Scyantific
    Scyantific
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What everyone else said. You agreed to the ToS when you hit "Agree" when creating an account. Therefore you waived your right to compensation for matters like these, especially if they were planned ahead of time.
  • thunderwell
    thunderwell
    ✭✭✭
    Plenty of other MMOs out there that have less unexpected downtimes.
    If it upsets you that much, you're more than welcome to spend your $15 elsewhere, or save it.
    NA, PC Megaserver
    Zhaani, Female Khajiit, Nightblade, AD (current main)
    (Unless otherwise put in my sig, all characters are below level 50)
  • shadowwraith666
    shadowwraith666
    ✭✭✭✭
    Today was an exception though as the EU server was hit with a DDOS attack
    • Vicktor Bloodtail - L42 Argonian Magblade, Werewolf - EP
    • Xarxes - L31 Dunmer Sorc, Vampire - EP
    • Lichtspear - L21 Argonian Temp - EP
    • Rajka Fireclaw - L21 Khajit DK - AD

PS4 EU
    Spill some blood for me dear brother
    Vicente Valtiere, Dark Brotherhood, Oblivion
  • Jura23
    Jura23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OmniDevil wrote: »
    By 1. Purchasing the game, 2. Purchasing ESO+ and 3. Following 1 and 2 and creating an account, you have openly agreed to the ToS of TESO:TU. All that fine print no one really bothers to read before clicking on "I Accept". In the ToS it does state that they don't guarantee 100% up-time. As such, although I can 1completely understand the frustration this is causing players of this time of day, you're asking for compensation? You claim to be in IT, understand that "things can happen", but it's absurd and inexcusable that a Data-center wide maintenance is taking longer than expected?

In situations of intellectual, hardware, software, etc. damage and/or loss, that caused character deletion, item/currency loss, I can see compensation being provided and, even then, I wouldn't expect anything.

Further, insulting the capability or technical know-how of a ZOS technician/employee because, "I'm in IT and I know better"? Really uncalled for. Nothing is perfect, no company is perfect, no person is perfect. If you're capable of understanding that things happen, then you're capable of understanding they're doing everything they can to get everything up and running.

At least they're keeping everyone informed. A lot of other organizations don't give their consumers that much effort...
    I think their communication is pretty bad and not only on this matter, but in general. And not only communication beetween them and the community, but also inside ZOS the communication must be a problem since most of issues seem to never get to the ears of the right ppl.
    Georgion - Bosmer/Templar - PC/EU
  • OmniDevil
    OmniDevil
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jura23 wrote: »
    I think their communication is pretty bad and not only on this matter, but in general. And not only communication beetween them and the community, but also inside ZOS the communication must be a problem since most of issues seem to never get to the ears of the right ppl.

Never considered things are fixed based on ease and time? Need hourly updates on everything? No one does that and dev fixes take time.
    Rogue's Gallery (EP)(NA)(XB1)

Proud Member and Officer
    We’re recruiting for our ESO (Xbox One) Chapter
    ESO Application: Apply Here
    Homepage: http://www.roguesgalleryguild.com/
    TF Guild Page: http://tamrielfoundry.com/groups/rogues-gallery/
    Character List
    "Varyn Wryn" cp427 Nord Templar (Magicka DPS/Healer)
    "Maelis Artorius" cp427 Redguard Dragonknight (Stamina DPS)
    "Arius the Shade" cp427 Khajiit Nightblade (Stamina DPS)
    "Astalor Bloodsworn" Level 7 Altmer Sorcerer (Magicka DPS)