Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

DK Talon spam, ZOS you joking?

• TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most likely the op got spammed by more than one DK that is when it can be most annoying.
    I don't even have talons on my bar anymore it became so ineffective and buggy for me, I will slot fossilize instead if needed.
  • NativeJoe
    NativeJoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play a sorc, and besides reflective scales DK's have ZERO class based options in pvp. unless they pick up a 2 handed weapon and WB you to death they have nothing. literally nothing to kill you with. if the only viable strategy they have is to drain your stamina with talons, I say more power to them.

I have the utmost sympathy for them. If you can't kill a dk, I suggest you message them a Props and thumbs up(for making the best out of a terrible situation) and to make their day. because DK's have it really hard in pvp right now. because honestly right now you can just about kill any DK with ranged weapons right now. Sometimes their reflective scales doesn't even proc to make matters worse.
    Edited by NativeJoe on October 29, 2015 6:16PM
    650cp+ Sorcerer 100+ days /played
    Broken'Stick North American Server
    https://www.twitch.tv/trixytricks
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Talons spam is indeed pain in tha a**, but it is necessary evil.
  • Sithisvoid
    Sithisvoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hadn't thought about it but i have to agree it's the increased cost of dodge roll that's making this seem more OP. Thanks for pointing that out
  • NativeJoe
    NativeJoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP must must be a sorc, getting trapped by (nerfed to death) Dks and is struggling trying to compete against a DK.

Not likly , a sorc has plenty of options to this strategy. Daedric mines, bolt esc, pets, summon atronoch, prox det, shields, pulsar, encase, crystal prison, and how about keeping your distance from a melee class lol the only time a Sorc need worry about a DK is if they have none of these options on their bar... in which case they prolly deserve to be taught a lesson.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snowgoons wrote: »
    OGLezard wrote: »
    for the record, talons is a soft cc because you can still defend yourself and roll out of it.

ok first of all OGLezard, nowhere did I say soft cc should give immunity learn to read if you are going to be a keyboard warrior, second:

Talons need an immunity timer.

Nowhere did i say soft cc should give immunity BUT soft cc SHOULD give immunity.

I loled. :joy:
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• NativeJoe
    NativeJoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NativeJoe wrote: »
    OP must must be a sorc, getting trapped by (nerfed to death) Dks and is struggling trying to compete against a DK.

Not likly , a sorc has plenty of options to this strategy. Daedric mines, bolt esc, pets, summon atronoch, prox det, shields, pulsar, encase, crystal prison, and how about keeping your distance from a melee class lol the only time a Sorc need worry about a DK is if they have none of these options on their bar... in which case they prolly deserve to be taught a lesson.

Not to mention rapid maneuvers... (can it be purged too?idk)

Point being, pvp is filled with counters, and countering a DK in entirety is far from out of question. honestly my kill counter has dk's resulting in 11% of my deaths. and most of that is probably from getting tagged by them in Zergs. The real number is prolly closer to 5%... where as NB's are at a staggering 52% of my deaths since IC launch
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Deal with it, DK's get nothing else.
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
  • MrGrimey
    MrGrimey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    for the record, talons is a soft cc because you can still defend yourself and roll out of it.

but roll dodge has a 4 sec penalty
  • NativeJoe
    NativeJoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MrGrimey wrote: »

but roll dodge has a 4 sec penalty

Yes, and you *might* have to adapt. I run a bar with non-reflectable skills or just avoid Reflect spamming dks. look at your class skills...there are probably plenty of counters to it. or you might have to stop min maxing your character for damage and pick up a set/skill bar with more utility then just raw damage. or you might just have to pick up a bow or staff.
  • Rook_Master
    Rook_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remember 1.0 Talons before the nerf?

Or just 1.0 DK in general?
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah lets give an immunity to all CC from and AOE immobilization. That should be handy. That one special snowflake Magicka DK left in the game can hand out free CC immunities to everyone for the temporary loss of the W key. I'm sure the group is going to love that.

bombard is ok, cause dk didn't dew it.
    Edited by Armitas on October 29, 2015 7:17PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • americansteel
    americansteel
    ✭✭✭✭
    NativeJoe wrote: »

been across many sorcs with CP far greater than mine constantly im pushing 119,
    always seem to me that I have no problem lasting in 1v1s with sorcs just not storcs. unless I keep using destructive reach talons and whip also heavy staff attack..
    every single one of my 1v1s with sorcs have ended up in stalemates and us running away from each other. its hard being a DK period!
    although I feel as if I do better on my V3 DK than my V16 Templar. dragon knights are nerfed to the ground yet many DKs manage fairly well against sorcs. now having X amount of CP will help either class and its pretty damn ridcioulos of the amount of abilities Sorcs have and their stupid crazy shield stacking. that's alright keep shiled stacking I keep trying to fly away. hasn't worked yet for me, atleast I tried.
    NO LONGER PLAYING ESO

POOR SERVER PERFORMANCE
    LAG
    LOAD SCREENS
    DONE
  • MangoSsk
    MangoSsk
    ✭✭✭
    DK's using talons every 3-4 seconds with no immunity timer = a joke or what?

Thats PVP since Day 1. It could be worse... (Wrecking Blow) - Uppercuts 2H over and over again increase damage and knocking you back.
    I Demand A Trial By Combat... - Tyrion Lannister

PS4 NA PSN: MangoSsk
    Veteran Rank 4 Aldmeri Dominion Nord Dragonknight (Tank)
    Veteran Rank 1 Aldmeri Dominion Breton Templar (Battle Healer)
    Veteran Rank 1 Ebonheart Pact Breton Templar (Healer)
    Veteran Rank 1 Daggerfall Covenant Nightblade (Magika DPS)
    Veteran Rank 9 Daggerfall Covenant Nightblade (Stamina DPS)
    LvL46 Blacksmithing
    LvL46 Enchanting
    LvL32 Clothing
    LvL30 Wood Working
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MangoSsk wrote: »
    DK's using talons every 3-4 seconds with no immunity timer = a joke or what?

Thats PVP since Day 1. It could be worse... (Wrecking Blow) - Uppercuts 2H over and over again increase damage and knocking you back.

A DK that isn't wrecking blow (and flame lash) on players stuck in his talons is doing it wrong.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • SeptimusDova
    SeptimusDova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To break out of Talon spam.Try these simple steps

1. Flex your Whiskers
    2. Twitch your tail similar to the Two Moons Dance
    3. Type /MEOW <
    Must be in all Caps.
    That is it Talons broke. This will only work if you are a dark striped or banded Khajiit. Solid color Khajiits have different hidden super powers.
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh look some one is crying that DKs are finally getting a buff. Dks (and templars) need buffed and the talon changes are the first of it.

Deal with it.
  • MuddledMuppet
    MuddledMuppet
    ✭✭✭✭
    To break out of Talon spam.Try these simple steps

1. Flex your Whiskers
    2. Twitch your tail similar to the Two Moons Dance
    3. Type /MEOW <
    Must be in all Caps.
    That is it Talons broke. This will only work if you are a dark striped or banded Khajiit. Solid color Khajiits have different hidden super powers.

But us poor console users can't type!
  • The_Man_From_Stygia
    They should make the subsequent talons affect friendly players as well and watch the hilarity ensue
    "Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." - Terry Pratchett
  • Jhunn
    Jhunn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree. CC immunity to talons, please, make scales reflect only 1 projectile and raise banner cost while you're at it.
    Gave up.
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had a DK once....and my DK's talons during that timeframe were the last thing on your mind when he engaged you in Cryodil.

Oh no Guys..we still have DK as on option when creating characters in ESO. ZOS we obviously need you to delete DK as an option.

OP there are SOO many things to point out in this game about requiring finessing yet you come post about a DKs talons???

/extendmiddlefinger
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jhunn wrote: »
    I agree. CC immunity to talons, please, make scales reflect only 1 projectile and raise banner cost while you're at it.

Nay, nay. Make scales able to reflect siege and last for 30 sec with no limit on projectiles reflected. Then add 100% immobility to people caught under a banner. There may never be another complaint about talons then.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Devotion
    Devotion
    ✭✭
    Buff magicka skills and make talons a hard Cc along with bombard. It'd the most *** thing to be able to spam root over and over again to the point where a Zerg can run guys that purely do this.

Dodge roll is not an option for most magicka builds that run out of stam after 2 rolls
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think Reflective Scales should cause a dialogue window to appear on your opponents screen requiring him to manually accept the reflect policy before being able to cast projectiles.
    Edited by Armitas on October 29, 2015 11:26PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Beesting
    Beesting
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anyone else agree we should be able to block fear?

Much more annoying and deadly then talons lol
    Beesting, Bosmer Magica DK, AD EU, crafter
    Slager, Dunmer Magica DK, DC EU, pvp
    Farmer, Dunmer Magica DK, AD EU, trials build

Every major patch looks like the end of the world but somehow i just cannot stop playing.
  • Mishanya
    Mishanya
    ✭✭✭
    RIP talons now T_T

Similar story as with sorcerer's blink, instablock and continuous rolldodge - some whiner come to forum, whine that he can't kill everyone easy, and ZOS listen to him.

Though blink and rolldodge still a thing, stamina nerf affected stramina-based dd's a lot.
    Wasting time is an important part of life
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Devotion wrote: »
    Buff magicka skills and make talons a hard Cc along with bombard. It'd the most *** thing to be able to spam root over and over again to the point where a Zerg can run guys that purely do this.

Dodge roll is not an option for most magicka builds that run out of stam after 2 rolls
    But purge is an option for magicka builds.
    Lest talk about fear as @Beesting pointed. This the most OP skill in the game. It doesnt break on damage, it has terrible animation and you are not able to break it immediately, drain your stamina and if you are out of stamina you are dead.
    Because I can!
  • Wollust
    Wollust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    l2p
    Susano'o

Zerg Squad
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Remember 1.0 Talons before the nerf?

Or just 1.0 DK in general?
    But do you remember 1.0 Sorcs with 4 ultimate cost for bats. I bet you you have never seen them because they were always invisible in bats.

Because I can!
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Armitas wrote: »
    I think Reflective Scales should cause a dialogue window to appear on your opponents screen requiring him to manually accept the reflect policy before being able to cast projectiles.

Haha epic

+1