The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Fishing bug?

Thrasher91604
Thrasher91604
✭✭✭✭✭
Don't know if this is new, but if my first cast is the wrong type of bait, all I get from the hole is used bait even using all other kinds of bait. I don't think it used to be like this.
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Don't know if this is new, but if my first cast is the wrong type of bait, all I get from the hole is used bait even using all other kinds of bait. I don't think it used to be like this.

Are you "reeling in" the used bait, or throwing it back? If you throw it back, you will catch it again, every time you throw it back. If you get 'used bait', it means you are using the wrong bait for the water type. Seems you know this, because you mention switching bait. But even if you switched to the correct bait, if you did not remove the used bait from the fishing hole, you will catch it again. Check out this excellent fishing guide.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • JimbobMarley
    JimbobMarley
    ✭✭

Seems like something is wrong there , are you sure you tried all the other baits? Normally even using the wrong bait will sometimes catch a fish , I normally try a crawler if I'm not sure of the water type and if I catch a fish it will reveal the type of water it is. I never get used bait when using the right bait .
  • Thrasher91604
    Thrasher91604
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ourorboros wrote: »

Are you "reeling in" the used bait, or throwing it back? If you throw it back, you will catch it again, every time you throw it back. If you get 'used bait', it means you are using the wrong bait for the water type. Seems you know this, because you mention switching bait. But even if you switched to the correct bait, if you did not remove the used bait from the fishing hole, you will catch it again. Check out this excellent fishing guide.

Yep, I bet that's it. Discarding used bait rather than picking it up has this effect? Yet bait for the next cast is on the hook with the used bait from the last cast? Totally illogical. Seems like a bug to me. Long standing one apparently.
    Edited by Thrasher91604 on October 29, 2015 4:11PM