Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Missing a few recipes.

Kuroinu
Kuroinu
✭✭✭✭✭
I've recently been collecting all the provisioning recipes and I still have a lot more to collect but I've almost finished getting all the green tier ones and I'm wondering where these could be found outside of Guild Traders.

"Busy Bee Brew", "Eidar Radish Salad" and "Rihad Beet and Garlic Salad" are the green ones I'm missing, they are level 25. I've also never done any Provisioning Crafting Writs before and I'm curious to know how they work in addition to helping me find these recipes and more.

Best Answers

• BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Recipes can often found around Tamriel in containers that would most likely have recipes stored in them (Desks, Cabinets, Drawers, Backpacks, Urn, Trunk, Chest, etc.) and some humanoid mobs.

With regards to writs, first you need to be certified by the consumable trainer in your starter town (usually the mages' guild). Every day the consumable writ boards in large towns, will offer a daily writ (quest-like) that request a drink and food item from one of three recipe duos for your "writ" level.

The writs offer ingredients (frequently purple ones at higher levels), recipes (usually green, but have a chance of blue and purples), and fragments (for xp food recipe).

There are many good guides available online. I have an article on my blog that lists all of the writ recipes and the 6 for each writ level.
    http://benevolentbowd.ca/esotu/eso-provisioning-writs/

Also, the add-on "AwesomeGuildStore" has a filter you can click to search guild traders for recipes you do not know.

BowD
    Megaservers: PC NA (sometimes) / EU (sometimes) Xbox NA (mostly)
    Luxury Furniture Gallery [PC/NA]: Moon-Sugar Meadow
    Website:BenevolentBowd.ca, "Shared My Notes With the World to Help Others"
    ESO Calendarmancer - Retired
    #TeamStackableTreasureMaps
    Answer ✓
  • Jura23
    Jura23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just today I looted blue recipe I was missing from a goblin in Cyrodil. And it was recipe improvment rank 3, so you can find recipes of all lvls pretty much anywhere. It's just about luck.
    Georgion - Bosmer/Templar - PC/EU
    Answer ✓
  • Haxnschwammer
    Haxnschwammer
    ✭✭✭✭
    The blue level 25 recipes are some of the rarest because most players storm through the zones and don't pick up the recipes. I've been looking for apple mashed potatoes for some months now. Even offering 20 k for this didn't help. 5 trading guilds and nowhere to find. Funny thing is I remember picking this up, thinking "potatoes with apples, disgusting", and destroying it...

Anyway, best bet is still searching the guild traders. Belkarth, Deshaan, Rawl'kha have the best traders (at least for PC, EU). You can of course search in level 25 zones if you like the relogging game. But recipes are so cheap now it's easier to just buy them. You get many (especially green ones) for 50 gold.
    Once I was a healer. Then I took a Wrobel to the knee.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    Answer ✓
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Master Recipe List addon is very good too, lets you know what toon needs what recipes, coupled, with as others have said, about Awesome Guild Store etc for the ones you do not know:}
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

Answer ✓
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Nestor - That link just takes me to this post lol.

That's what I get for posting before I had my coffee....

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/196867/provisioning-writ-recipes-for-all-factions

I have not seen a list that shows all the recipes split up by faction like there used to be. Maybe someone has done that. However, other than Writs there is no real need to make a faction specific recipe, other than maybe RP reasons. So, perhaps that is why no one has done the list.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Answer ✓
  • Kuroinu
    Kuroinu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice info. on the writs, thanks! I'm still a little unclear about something though. As VR16, would I be able to find these level 25 recipes in a level 25 zone? Also, am I able to get these level 25 recipes as a reward from writs in a level 25 zone?
  • BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't tracked the level of the recipes I have found in relation to where I found them. However, looking back at some of the recipes I have found this week in my bank, area and writ level do play a role in the level of recipes found.

For example, one of my characters that turned in a writ in Stonefalls received a low level recipe (bog iron ale) where one in Belkarth received a VR10 recipe.
    Edited by BenevolentBowd on October 25, 2015 8:17AM
    Megaservers: PC NA (sometimes) / EU (sometimes) Xbox NA (mostly)
    Luxury Furniture Gallery [PC/NA]: Moon-Sugar Meadow
    Website:BenevolentBowd.ca, "Shared My Notes With the World to Help Others"
    ESO Calendarmancer - Retired
    #TeamStackableTreasureMaps
  • Haxnschwammer
    Haxnschwammer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Master Recipe List also marks recipes you are looking for in guild stores! It has an easy to use search list. Very usefull!
    Edited by Haxnschwammer on October 25, 2015 7:54PM
    Once I was a healer. Then I took a Wrobel to the knee.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • Kuroinu
    Kuroinu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here comes the Tick Hammer...boom, boom, boom! Thanks.
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    While stealing everything in Rawl'kha in Reaper's March (AD) I come across more recipes than makes sense for me to pick up (sometimes blue or purple if I'm lucky). Not sure if it's just my lucky spot, but if I was attempting what you are, that's where I'd go.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice info. on the writs, thanks! I'm still a little unclear about something though. As VR16, would I be able to find these level 25 recipes in a level 25 zone? Also, am I able to get these level 25 recipes as a reward from writs in a level 25 zone?

Yes, now you can find recipes leveled to the zone you are in, not keyed to the character. So, I would imagine Zone 2 for the alliance you are in for L25's. However, one caveat, while there are no longer any Alliance specific ingredients, there are alliance specific recipes, which means you might have to have an alt look for the recipe in the zone you need to look in.

• Kuroinu
    Kuroinu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Nestor - Do you know if there is any way to tell which recipes are from what faction?
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Nestor - Do you know if there is any way to tell which recipes are from what faction?

I have yet to see a list like that, maybe it exists. However it is more for Writs than anything else, and mostly the lower level writs.

See this

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/2385424#Comment_2385424

• Kuroinu
    Kuroinu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Nestor - That link just takes me to this post lol.
  • Kuroinu
    Kuroinu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a nice list for writs. At least I know now that the recipes I'm looking for are not within them.
  • Kuroinu
    Kuroinu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure if this was just a coincidence, but I did as you said and made 2 Alts. One in EP and the other in AD. And I managed to find the last 3 green recipes I mentioned in my original post.

"Busy Bee Brew" I found in ADs version of Greenshade.
    "Eidar Radish Salad" I found in EPs version of Shadowfen.
    "Rihad Beet and Garlic Salad" I found in DCs version of Rivenspire.

If these are faction specific, then it's no surprise that all 3 ended up being the last 3 recipes that I needed.