Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Glyph of Hardening on Dual Wielding magic users

Nolphi
Nolphi
✭✭✭
Hi All,

I am running Deltia's Battery Healer build which works really well and I love the play style. Like many magic users he is using dual swords to pump up spell damage. I also followed the build's advice to make both swords nirnhoned. I am currently not running any enchant on those sword though as I will not be attacking with them anyway. Now, someone in the comments of that build is suggesting to use glyphs of hardening to at least trigger the damage shield. To me this makes perfect sense, you can weave in a normal wep attack every now and then and increase your own survivability as a healer that way. Now a few questions and confirmations before I give this try:
  • Can someone provide me an image or the stats on a max v16 glyph of hardening?
  • Can you confirm that to trigger the damage shield I will need to make a normal weapon attack and that the attack needs to hit. In other words: I cannot just attack thin air to trigger the shield.
  • How often can the damage shield be triggered?
  • For the nirnhoned. Will the spell penetration work even if you are not making weapon attacks? I suppose it will.

Thanks!
Clan Nolphi Family Gaming
Follow @kingnolphi on twitter
  • Destyran
    Destyran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes you need to attack.
    Nirnhoned will still give you spell pen without attacking with sword.
    I think its cool down is 10seconds after proc. Use absorb magika with flame/poison/disease with puncturing sweep light attack cancels for helping dps. Dont use hardening.
    Thats all i can help with sorry
  • Destyran
    Destyran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are na xbox one ill make you the swords for free torugs pact i assume if you supply the nirn or i could do magnus if you plan to run 4 peice with kagrenacs blessing