The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Two points I would like Devs/Mods to look at.

GhostShade
Ok, first let the say that I have a blast playing ESO, but there are two issues that are sticking out like a sore thumb at me.

1) The fact that you can only find white glyphs dropped as loot in the world, so the only way that you can get the purple, blue, and green Aspect runes is through finding them in the world. This is unbalanced compared to the other crafting systems that I have done(blacksmithing, wood working, and clothing making) were you can find green, blue, and purple aspects to craft. With the other crafting systems you can even receive green, blue or purple aspects when refining raw materials. Since there are no "raw" materials to get runes from there should be green, blue, and purple glyphs in the world dropped as loot so that you have the same chance to harvest them from those glyphs so it brings it on par with the other crafting systems.

2) I spend roughly $70.00 on Crowns to purchase all of the styles for crafting, thinking that they would transfer to all of the characters on my account. They did not. I contacted in game help and they said that it is working correctly. So what you are saying is that if you want to use crowns to get the crafting motifs then you have to pay $70 per character?!?! Don't you think that it is a bit excessive? Since they were purchase with real money to support the development of your game, they should transfer to all characters on the account that they were used on. Either the or make them cheaper, so that it is not so expensive if you want to have more than one character with a crafting skill.

GhostShade
Ghost of Shade. Imperial Dragonknight/Werewolf
Shade Lethario. Breton Sorcerer/Bow/Werewolf
Shade Panthera. Khajiit Nightblade/Bow/Werewolf
Shade Mephisto. Argonian Templar/Dual Weild/Sword and Shield/Werewolf
Shade Hammerhand. Nord Dragonknight/Destro Staff/Werewolf
Shade Immortalus Dunmer Sorcerer/Dual Wield/Werewolf
Shade Apacalypto Bosmer Nightblade/Destro Staff/Werewolf

Champion 501
  • Mansome
    Mansome
    ✭✭✭
    Point 1 doesnt really matter that much. If you get the hirelings and do the crafting quests you will be swimming in runes by the time you can make the stuff appropriate for your level. No point in crafting gold until end game. No point in making purple till vet levels, no point blues until 30. By then you would have enough when reaching those levels to make stuff.

Point 2 could have been labeled better but personally I feel these never should have been in the store in the first place.
  • Paazhahdrimaak
    Paazhahdrimaak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hahaha you bought them all? It's easy to find them. Or just have the one crafting character.

But I think enchanting is fine. People who have leveled up they're enchanting deserve to have stronger glyphs . Rather than the chance to find a good one. I thinkbdropped glyphs should stay white.

Hahaha I can't believe someone really bought all the motifs. Haha did you buy them and get sad when you didn't have the necessary crafting style stone?
  • GhostShade
    Hahaha you bought them all? It's easy to find them. Or just have the one crafting character.

But I think enchanting is fine. People who have leveled up they're enchanting deserve to have stronger glyphs . Rather than the chance to find a good one. I thinkbdropped glyphs should stay white.

Hahaha I can't believe someone really bought all the motifs. Haha did you buy them and get sad when you didn't have the necessary crafting style stone?

Oh my gosh?!? Heaven forbid I try and support a game that I like buy spending a little money on it. If you don't have a brain cell, and can't make a constructive comment. Stay off the thread.

And I am sorry that I am not a 5 year old that can't sit at home all days and farm for all these things. Some of us have to work to pay for your broke ass on welfare.

Champion 501
  • GhostShade
    Mansome wrote: »
    Point 1 doesnt really matter that much. If you get the hirelings and do the crafting quests you will be swimming in runes by the time you can make the stuff appropriate for your level. No point in crafting gold until end game. No point in making purple till vet levels, no point blues until 30. By then you would have enough when reaching those levels to make stuff.

Really, do realize that with one purple aspect rune, I can gain as much experience in enchanting as you can with 50-100 of the white aspect runes? And that is you opinion as to when to use blue or purple, I personally feel the having more health, stam, and magika at any level makes a character more survivable. And I don't know where you are getting your runes, because, me with 4 vet level characters, picking up every rune I see, have still used up all my runes and my enchanter is still barely able to craft vet 6-8 glyphs. So I don't know how your doing your research but the only way I know of is to deconstruct and make glyphs, and if you don't have green, blue, and purple aspects runes that takes forever. And a lot of people don't have 2-3 hours to sit there with white runes doing that just to go up 1 level in enchanting.

Champion 501
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @GhostShade - in order to get better glyphs you should do the daily writs and you should get other colour glyphs,

As far as buying the motifs in crown store are concerned why would it work any differently to current game,
    a motif can only be read by one char, not all... And i also think this is great and that crafting must never be an easy thing to achieve.... studying traits should also not be reduced in the amount of time it takes to study them..
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

• DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I really suggest have the same character be your crafter. It'll save you from stress lol. My main (and only) character does it all and i have all the skill points i need with a few left over
  • GhostShade
    Johngo0036 wrote: »
    @GhostShade - in order to get better glyphs you should do the daily writs and you should get other colour glyphs,

As far as buying the motifs in crown store are concerned why would it work any differently to current game,
    a motif can only be read by one char, not all... And i also think this is great and that crafting must never be an easy thing to achieve.... studying traits should also not be reduced in the amount of time it takes to study them..

Why would something you pay real money for not transfer across all you account characters, when there are plenty of things in game that do this already?? Such as armor dye colors, for one. Go earn a color on one character that you don't have on another character and then go see if you can use it on the character you didn't have it on. I bet you will be able to. Same principle applies here. I, a) earned the color by completing the required task, so I can use it on all my characters and b) I paid money out of my pocket aka "completed a task" that was required to receive all of the crafting motifs so therefor I should receive them on all my characters.

And what do you mean get better glyphs?? Do you get glyphs or runes as rewards for completing daily crafting writs? I have never done them.
    Edited by GhostShade on October 27, 2015 8:45AM

Champion 501
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes you do get glyphs as rewards for completing the enchanting daily writ.. it is usually only one glyph but you also stand a chance to get a survey which leads you to a place where you get special runestones that give you 2 of each or more runes in..

it seems that Zenni will let non significant things carry over to all chars but more significant things not.. Game changers like crafting, riding lessons etc cannot be used on all chars where non significant thing like colouring your clothes, those colours can be account wide...
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

• Eyecon74
    Eyecon74
    ✭✭✭
    Hi, a fast(er) way to level up your enchanting skill is to de-construct glyphs made by someone else. The way I got mine to 50 is by having a friend (or guild member or just a random person ) making Glyphs, I would de-construct those glyphs, use the materials found from those glyphs to make new glyphs and pass them to the other player to decon, then repeat the process for as long as you have materials..Its a tedious and long process (you may have to invest some gold in buying glyphs from the merchant to decon for extra mats)
    Extra XP is gained from discovering "?" stones and obviously higher ranked stones give more XP too..

Doing the daily writs will sometimes give green rune stones but they are not that great, the only reason I do the writs is for the small chance of getting the Kuta (yellow legendary stones) or the Enchanter Writs.

If you are on XBOne EU Server I'd be more than happy to help you out with this, I seem to have an excess of rune stones..
  • Ayantir
    Ayantir
    ✭✭✭✭
    for point 1, consider Ta as trash (only keep a few to to dailyes) and Jejota your resource for up your skill. Denata for stuff yourself while not max enchanting level and Rekuta for max vr, keep Kuta for endgame. it will raise itself.

for point 2, styles are not so hard to find now. standard ones are 200g, rares are 40k max, cyrods/dwemer are 80k max.
    Then, you already got a huge large of choice (15 styles).

Xivkyn and Glass are now top craft styles, wait a bit if you don't have so much gold. I like to have endgame craft.
    Obsessive Compulsive Elder Scrolls addons Coder
    A Few millions downloads of ESO addons now.
    Master crafter on my main char since release. All tradeskills, recipes \o/, researchs (since long), 35 styles known
    My little french Guild: Cercle de l'Eveil
  • bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭
    I thought the style books tell you when you buy them that they can be used only for one character. I recall seeing that when I bought Daedric.
    PS4 NA AD GM formerly known as GM of "The Children of the Void"

9 trait crafter I do all the things (Yes I mean ALL the things ;0).

Price list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FTV7ACtmEpQQwsEiHVcrBxC0zKaj6LKvc3An7dGG2t0/edit?usp=sharing
    Youtube: MaulochBaal https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRav05_8nWGvlTrfBBefaEw/featured
  • Drax76
    Drax76
    ✭✭✭
    bryanhaas wrote: »
    I thought the style books tell you when you buy them that they can be used only for one character. I recall seeing that when I bought Daedric.

It appears that the OPs main gripe is that it doesn't say that BEFORE you buy it.
    PS4 - NA - AD
    v16 Khajiit NB Tank
    40 Breton Templar Healer/Tank