Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Wich upgrade is better (vga or processor)?

yanbwerneckub17_ESO
yanbwerneckub17_ESO
Soul Shriven
Hey guys, these are my specs:

.Geforce 760
.i5-3330
.8 gb ram

With those I can play with max Graphics in almost everywhere , but when Im in the Alliance war it laggs like hell. I got a budget to buy something new . What do you guys think its better to solve that issue , upgranding the vga or the processor?Sorry for my bad english and thank you for your time
  • Oh_Skrivva
    Oh_Skrivva
    ✭✭✭
    Alliance war lags because of server issues. But if you want to maximize your fps vga would be best. I5 is good enough to run it unless you plan on streaming.
    I'm currently running a i7 6700k, 16g, 2 gtx 980 ti's in sli. Runs like a dream.
    Edited by Oh_Skrivva on October 26, 2015 4:33AM
    Costco member

Message brought to you by Cat Queefs Emporium
  • yanbwerneckub17_ESO
    yanbwerneckub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Thank you sir! Do you know if the devs have plans to correct this issue?
  • Oh_Skrivva
    Oh_Skrivva
    ✭✭✭
    Well they been saying they are working on it (been so long I don't recall the exact time they said it). But with the other bugs that need attention as well as new content they want to push through to keep customers happy (which will add other bugs/issues that need to be addressed as well). I couldn't give you a time frame. Some devs have said they think it's a customer hardware problem, but with my computer set up as well as fiber optics Internet (1 gig/sec) I'm certain it's not on the customer end. If I wasn't such a elder scrolls fan I would have probably gave up/left game already. I hope they fix it soon, because this franchise/game series is to awesome to go under.
    Costco member

Message brought to you by Cat Queefs Emporium
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you sir! Do you know if the devs have plans to correct this issue?

This has been an issue since release and they are still looking into it............

I do NOT see a fix in the near future as i think this is a major design flaw and would require a total rework of the system to make it work...

@Zennimax - Please prove my last statement wrong.....
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

• Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Setting the game on few local servers instead of one megaserver for all Europe could help in this issue, but I'm no expert. Is this option considered by Zenimax by the way?
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gargath wrote: »
    Setting the game on few local servers instead of one megaserver for all Europe could help in this issue, but I'm no expert. Is this option considered by Zenimax by the way?

Sounds like dedi servers which you are referring too, or dedicated servers, which you get on the Battlefield games, which runs well and minimal or no lag at all, with way more intense action and players ingame than there is ever on ESO hehe.

MMO games are not my forte, FPS and strategy games are, but the tech would not work for a MMO I do not think, unless you log in to a special fingy for your persistent stuff, i.e gear etc then pick a dedi server for a PvP campaign for example then log in, similar to Battlelog for BF4.

OP your rig is fine, but CPU could be upgraded, as it will bottleneck in heavy fighting.

Then upgrade your gfx card afterwards.
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• yanbwerneckub17_ESO
    yanbwerneckub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks guys,it was very helpfull .I found out that the main cause of the lags was some adds that werent updated.It still lags a bit but as SHADOW2KK said I will upgrade my cpu.Thank you for your time.
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is what I have, and for the most part I don't lag. My friend got me this computer from a webstite called , "DigitalStormOnline". The only problem I had was In Cyro, I had to lower my graphics settings because I kept crashing.

System Configuration:
    Chassis Model: Digital Storm Krypton 17.3 Inch Laptop (Model: S:8298)
    Display: 17.3 Inch (16:9) (Resolution: 1920 x 1080) (Anti-glare) LED-Backlit Display
    Processor: Intel Core i7 4910MQ (Up to 3.90Ghz) (Quad Core) (8MB Cache)
    Thermal Compound: Stock CPU and GPU Thermal Compound
    Memory: 16GB DDR3 1600MHz
    Storage Drive 1: 250GB Solid State - Samsung 840 EVO
    Storage Drive 2: 750GB 7200RPM (SATA 3Gb/s)
    Optical Drive: Blu-Ray Player (Blu-Ray 6x) & DVD/CD Writer
    Wireless Card: Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 + Bluetooth 4.0
    Graphics Card(s): NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M 8GB with NVIDIA Battery Boost + NVIDIA Optimus
    Windows OS: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-Bit Edition)
    Recovery Tools: Windows Recovery Toolkit (Bundled with Windows CD)
    Virus Protection: FREE: McAfee AntiVirus Plus (1 Year Service Activation Card) (Not Pre-installed) ($35 V

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found out that grass is somehow lagging on my rig so I play with grass turned off.
    It also helps in finding alchemy ingredients from far distance, an extra advantage :wink:

Btw for the game servers, I had in mind rather SWTOR multi servers, than Battlefield. As another MMO, SWTOR is comparable with ESO and uses separated servers for English, German and French speaking players, also for pve and pvp playing styles. That I hope to see in ESO some day.

PS. vamp_emily, you get Full HD resolution on 17,3 inch display? :smile:
    Ah sorry didn't notice it's a laptop, not a desktop :blush:
    Edited by Gargath on October 29, 2015 11:10AM
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."