The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Newbie here...

Flipd
Flipd
✭✭
as i read some guides, i decided to make a new main/alt and i heard that i should be crafting along while i level...

im a dk redguard, what should i be looting ? whats the cheapest but great profit or good for a new player to start off?

I never craft in any mmos but this game seems like its worth it and i can have fun doing so..

as im a newbie, i cant really play the market as i wont know the real prices and how much is the demand.. so any tips?
  • puffy99
    puffy99
    ✭✭✭
    well if you are just starting off the fastest way to make gold is to steal everything and then fence it.
    for crafting, lots of crafting guides online and on youtube.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flipd wrote: »
    as i read some guides, i decided to make a new main/alt and i heard that i should be crafting along while i level...

im a dk redguard, what should i be looting ? whats the cheapest but great profit or good for a new player to start off?

i wont know the real prices and how much is the demand.. so any tips?

Here is how to level crafting and have some money to go along. First you get gold and loot from mobs. So, when your done with your run or dungeon or just have full bags, go back to town and sell enough white loot to cover the repair costs, that will be about a third of your haul. Then, decon the rest of the items. You don't need to put any points into Crafting and you will be leveling it up just fine. There is no real need to craft until higher levels, usually VR Ranks, so you can use loot drops until then. Note, you might want to put some points into Extraction and Research passives.

Speaking of research, start researching traits now. Get two traits learned in everything you will use, then learn the third etc. I recommend Divines, Infused, Training for the first three, but they can be any traits. It can take few weeks to get to the 3 and 4th traits, a couple of months to get to 6 (on items you use, not all of them) and months to get to the 9th trait. You can buy traited items in Guild Kiosks if you need a certain one.

Legerdemain activities (stealing and Fencing/Laundering) are a great way to make gold, so find a place with few NPCs and clear them out. Invest at least in the first passive that lets you Fence/Launder more. Note, it's not the price of the item but the count that goes towards leveling the skill, so provisioning ingredients are nice to steal as they stack and you can carry more of them. Launder those, and fence everything else. You don't need to launder a Recipe or Motif if you want to learn it, so just use those before you see the Fence.

As for prices, just shop about 12 or so Guild Kiosks, and note the prices. Ignore the things that have been listed for 10/15 or more days, as they are probably over priced, or they are rare and priced at market, which can be quite high. Then you will know the prices that things sell for. If your on PC, there is an addon that will compile the prices for you.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Tarukmockto
    Tarukmockto
    ✭✭✭
    @Flipd: Don't forget to gather Alchemy mats for the gold. In particular the holy trinity of Mountain Flower, Columbine & Bugloss. Those three sell very well, but almost any Alchemy mats sell well enough to gather everything you pass in normal play.
    NA - DC - DK - PC