The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

I can't interact with NPC's, loot enemies or collect crafting material

Grimtooth
Grimtooth
✭✭✭
I have sent in many requests to CS and still no solutions to my problems. The game is unplayable if you can't interact with NPC's, loot or gather stuff. I have done the power shut down, wipe all saved data from the game, Blu-ray disc and Xbox. None of these have helped. Can anyone give me advice as to what to do?
  • robwolf666
    robwolf666
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I sometimes have this problem, esp. if it's just after a fight I find 1 of 2 things will fix it. 1: Swap weapons, as weird as it sounds, just swapping over weapons will sometimes fix it. 2: Hold down the weapon button like you're building for a heavy attack, again, weirdly enough it'll work.

If you're problem is the same as I sometimes get anyway.
    Edited by robwolf666 on October 23, 2015 10:33AM
  • Grimtooth
    Grimtooth
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks robwolf666, I'll give it a try. ESO's fix is way beyond me. They keep talking to me like I'm a computer expert tech. Not even close.
  • oehk
    oehk
    ✭✭
    This has been happening to me on all characters for over a week.

The weapon swap or heavy attack buildup is what I do to solve it as well.

It is almost like it thinks we are still in combat.
  • the_niskala
    the_niskala
    Soul Shriven
    Yeah. I had the exact same problem over the past week or so. It definitely seems like the game still thinks you are in combat mode.

I did the same as the others (switching weapons, etc.) to solve it. It works but is getting annoying.
    Edited by the_niskala on October 28, 2015 4:20PM