The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Templar aoe build

Seabhacgra
Hi all, been contemplating how to build a templar who would excel at what they do best, dps and heal in a full magicka build. The idea is to use toppling to jump into combat, then utilize tons of aoe on one bar....second bar is all healing....dunmer vampire here with 120 cp typically use 5 piece phoenix and 2 piece black rose. Was thinking either dw swords of willpower for the aoe or sword n board, then resto staff for healing bar...optionally use a destro staff for the aoe from pulsar, then solar barrage, puncturing sweeps, for the aoe with bats for ultimate.....the resto bar with bol, purifying, channeled focus and either combat prayer or healing ward with remembrance for ult....tell me what you all think...thanks!!
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The thing is that AoE builds usually boil down to spamming one (1) ability. Like Steel Tornado, Biting Jabs or Pulsar. Everything else on you bar is basically for fun.
    It's an effective playstyle, but personally I have found it boring. Good for grinding, but boring.

If you want to get creative with it just go for it. It's your game ;)
  • LordMcSwagger
    I just posted a healing build above. You MAY be able to take something from it. One bar is heals and the other is damage.
    Guild Master: Black Lotus
    Lord McSwagger VR16: Templar Healer
    Anne Ihilation VR16: Mage Blade
    Declan Stachenshield VR4: Sorcer
    Isabelle Stonecaller VR3: Magicka Dragon Knight