Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

FPS drop + possible fix

boboudrescu
boboudrescu
Soul Shriven
I have only started playing this game few days ago and the fps drops seem to be a common issue. I have come up with a random fix, maybe this will help finding the cause but here it is:

-- when the fps drops, double tap "esc" key

For some random reason this works though I don't understand why. I'll try to figure out the cause though because the drops seem to be very random.
  • boboudrescu
    boboudrescu
    Soul Shriven
    The issue is from the audio system of the game. In my case disabling both music and sound effects removed the fps drops. I've seen people suggesting disabling some extra devices from device manager, in my case it didn't help but you never know.
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It didn't help me either, I tried with disabling extra devices, but imo it's only half-measure. Need to reload the character after 2-3 hours playing time or animation becomes stuttering.
    Last big patch helped this much, but the problem remains, so I bet it's a game code issue.
    I'll try with esc key btw :smile:
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."