Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

10 easy fixes that would satisfy the pvp community

Millerman34n
Millerman34n
✭✭✭
1) Remove the damage nerf and AOE caps!
2) Buff the Magic dk by buffing battle roar & bringing back a form of dynamic ultimate gain.
3) stop favoring Stamina builds in every way! Ex champion system and Stamina regeneration and weapon damage should not always be higher that Majica regen and spell damage.
4) Remove the champion system of remove it asap!
5) Add that 4v4 area from Quakecon! It is already done slap a price tag on and we will eat it up!
6) Talk to us ZeniMax let us know ur listening and tell us your plan!
7) don't support the zergs! Stop buffing ball groups you should punish them for ruining your game!
8) Add objectives in the districts, currently their is no point to imperial city!
9) Talk to the pvp community and listen the mmo market is in competitive pvp not solo pve areas, we have Skyrim with mods.
10) if you agree with this post call ZeniMax customer support and don't get off the phone until you get some real answers, I don't want to hear about your *** bear mounts ZeniMax!
  • Xelophobe
    Xelophobe
    ✭✭
    I agree with everything here except for number 4. The champion system is a crucial part of this game. It allows "endless" progression, and removing it will only make the time people have spent getting them meaningless.
    AD characters
    Xelophobe the Wise- V16 Sorc
    Xelophobe the Mighty- V5 DK
    Xelophobe the Kitty- V1 NB
    DC character
    Xelophobe the Smurf- V3 Templar
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The damage nerfs can't be removed without also removing the heal/bubble nerf and also doing something about armor penetration. Even so the TTL is going to be bad given the increase in power levels.
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    But... But... I want mah bear mount :(

1) Yes to the removal of AoE caps. Damage mitigation might change with Orsinium, so wait & see.
    2) Mmmmmmm I'll say yeah, to dynamic ulti gain (but certainly not as good as it was back in 1.5), as for magicka DK, I'll just say "revamp DoTs"
    3) Replace DoT damage reduced by physical damage reduction. Boom, balanced.
    4) Keep it in non-competitive PvE, give competitive PvErs an option to go for ranked dungeon, with a fixed amount of CPs, same thing for PvP (why not campaigns with 0, 200, 400 CPs for everyone at the start?)
    5) Yes
    6) Yes
    7) Back to point 1 I guess (remove AoE caps) and 2 (dynamic ulti gain)
    8) Yes
    9) I'll agree on that, but I know some people will disagree.
    10) Nah, 'cause that's not the point of customer support. AND GIMME MAH BEAR MOUNT.

EDIT: Slight changes to 1)
    Edited by Asmael on October 27, 2015 4:00PM
    PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.
  • Millerman34n
    Millerman34n
    ✭✭✭
    I am just looking for these general fixes to improve the pvp experience and bring it back to the good old days. I am always willing to compromise though.
  • Millerman34n
    Millerman34n
    ✭✭✭
    Number 4 I meant to say revamp not remove spell check corrected me
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sometimes I wonder how threads like these come into existence.

2 out of 10 of these ideas are useful. 5 and 8 to be precise.

The other 8 serve to do absolutely nothing but create an even wider gap between the casual and the hardcore player. They need to be put into the dumpster.
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    usmcjdking wrote: »

The other 8 serve to do absolutely nothing but create an even wider gap between the casual and the hardcore player. They need to be put into the dumpster.

Posting about the changes zenimax should make is like telling the guy at the mall dressed like Santa your Christmas wish list.
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    good
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I stopped reading after "stop favoring stamina builds" what game are you playing were stamina builds are better? Cause is sure isn't ESO. Wait is your idea of a stamina build perma blocking or WB spam ?
  • Amica
    Amica
    ✭✭✭
    Millerman is one of the "We are eso guys" im guessing? If not, stop trying to capitalize on something they said.
    NB Shashu of DC
    DK William x Wallace of DC
    In game @Amica.
    "i Thought i was poor having no shoe's, Until i saw a man with no feet"
  • ladyonthemoon
    ladyonthemoon
    ✭✭✭
    10) if you agree with this post call ZeniMax customer support and don't get off the phone until you get some real answers, I don't want to hear about your *** bear mounts ZeniMax!
    Like harrassing them would work!

What would satisfy me is being able to kill players who commit crimes, like killing npcs and even netch bulls, sheep, etc. anywhere in the game.

• altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    2) Buff the Magic dk by buffing battle roar & bringing back a form of dynamic ultimate gain.
    3) stop favoring Stamina builds in every way! Ex champion system and Stamina regeneration and weapon damage should not always be higher that Majica regen and spell damage.
    5) Add that 4v4 area from Quakecon! It is already done slap a price tag on and we will eat it up!
    7) don't support the zergs! Stop buffing ball groups you should punish them for ruining your game!
    8) Add objectives in the districts, currently their is no point to imperial city!
    9) Talk to the pvp community and listen the mmo market is in competitive pvp not solo pve areas, we have Skyrim with mods.

11. increase the servers capacity, so that we do not have to worry about AoE calculations, Zergs etc. making it lag!
  • Stikato
    Stikato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree with all points, except removal of CP. It feels better now that there is a cap incoming. Good post though.
    Mordimus - Stam Sorc
  • spawn_to_kill
    spawn_to_kill
    ✭✭✭
    definitely ruined pvp for me in the last patch, i use to love going on servers dominated by other factions and fight as many as possible which i could do on my magic dk but now with the damage and healing being nerfed magic dk feels useless i can still take people out 3, 4 v 1 but only on my sorc its ridiculous please undo the changes and make cyrodil fun again and why buff noobs up soo much they shouldnt get anything past vet1 like it was and if they complain your reply should be get grinding.
    August Palatine
    vr16, dk
    vr 16 sorc,, templar,, nb
    500+1 champion points eups4
  • SleepyTroll
    SleepyTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know I've been wondering, every like other patch are they going to raise the damage nerf by 5-10 percent? With every update comes new gear and maybe some vet ranks so everyone hits harder, with more cp everyone hits harder. With no soft caps or anything everyone basically goes all in for damage and maxes stamina or magicka and then gets enough regen to get them by. This is never going to end is it?
  • oibam
    oibam
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Zerging is a feature of any AvA/RvR game. The problem is a huge mega zerg from only one fraction controlling one campaign, like it is currently on European servers: "Trueflame" controlled by blue mega zerg, "Azura" controlled by yellow mega zerg and so on for weeks now.

Adding campaigns is not a fix of the lags in Cyro, it causes more problems as we can see. Perhaps remove the AoE cap calculating and maybe reduce AoE damage instead => more "single target fights" even in zerg vs zerg battles would be more interesting than spamming 1 AoE skill?

Edited by oibam on October 28, 2015 8:42AM
  • Bubbha
    Bubbha
    ✭✭

Oh so the point of helping magika players have more physical resistance through champion points is not a fair request? Not to mention the weapon dmg vs spell dmg and the M.Regen vs M.Regen....
    High hopes ZOZ, don't let us down ^^
  • Sharakor
    Sharakor
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed but ZOS doesn't, I wouldn't be surprised if damage was reduced even further by 75% in the Orsinium patch because "fairness".
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Bubbha wrote: »

Oh so the point of helping magika players have more physical resistance through champion points is not a fair request? Not to mention the weapon dmg vs spell dmg and the M.Regen vs M.Regen....

Wear 5PC heavy armor then?

Oh, wait, you'll lose the free spell penetration. It's like there are game mechanics or something.
  • pogopwns_ESO
    pogopwns_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Armitas wrote: »
    The damage nerfs can't be removed without also removing the heal/bubble nerf and also doing something about armor penetration. Even so the TTL is going to be bad given the increase in power levels.

explain your concerns with armor pen. I was under the impression that the CP armor pen was in the same useless state as the CP spell pen, and not to waste points in it because it's not stacking right with active pen abilities, i.e. surprise attack. and also, I saw a damage difference when I shifted CP around between armor pen and Mighty. the less points I had in pen and more in mighty made my dps go up.
    Edited by pogopwns_ESO on October 28, 2015 6:48PM
  • Sagatho
    Sagatho
    ✭✭
    for me CP destroy PVP in every spect.

Edited by Sagatho on October 28, 2015 8:19PM
  • Wollust
    Wollust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Oh, wait, you'll lose the free spell penetration. It's like there are game mechanics or something.

You have no idea about game mechanics and builds and passives it seems. It would be only fair if there was a CP star to reduce physical damage by up to 25%, same as there are those for elemental damage and magic damage. It would even help out against all the QQ about stamina damage being way superior.

But hey, just so you learned something today : you lose regen, you get higher spellcost, less penetration, less crit chance while wearing heavy compared to light.
    Try again another time.

Susano'o

Zerg Squad
  • Gunphu
    Gunphu
    ✭✭✭
    Wollust wrote: »

You have no idea about game mechanics and builds and passives it seems. It would be only fair if there was a CP star to reduce physical damage by up to 25%, same as there are those for elemental damage and magic damage. It would even help out against all the QQ about stamina damage being way superior.

But hey, just so you learned something today : you lose regen, you get higher spellcost, less penetration, less crit chance while wearing heavy compared to light.
    Try again another time.

PvE would be a joke with a physical reduction CP as you stated. Not to mention how game altering it would.

1. Zergballs with 25% more reduction
    2. Heavy armor would be the meta for STA builds and nobody will kill anybody.
    3. PvE would be laughable
    4. Magicka builds would have the mitigation of a heavy armor build in current meta, still very strong shields, heals for days and would be unkillable.

I would agree that hardy maybe needs to be toned down a slight bit (insta cat 9k+ frags at 30 meter range still exist) and a slight increase to the armor passive CP for light armor. Magicka users are just used to face tanking 5 people while doing 20k proxy dets and 16k OL light attacks.

As a MNB most of pre IC I dont feel sorry for you. All but magicka DK sit in a decent spot and some things need changed like vigor stealth casting but this CP recommendation would make things so much worse.
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    wrong post
    Edited by usmcjdking on October 29, 2015 12:14AM
  • contact.opiumb16_ESO

1. no and no. without those, their is no reason to don't play a stam NB zerg spamming steel tornado. Nothing will be better than this build
    2. for dk i can't tell i am not an expert of this class. Agreed for another form of ulti gain that don't rely on left click attacks
    3. disagree. on my world (AKA nb, temp and sorcerer player), magicka builds or more versatile, have more utilities and lot's of tools while stamina or more damage oriented. It is fair like this
    4. no. CP is a good thing, it just need a cap, and it will with orsinium (501 CP max)
    5. why not
    6. sure it is absolutly needed
    7. i agree. magicka det should work is designed initially : very low damage but dmg scales a lot depending on the number of ennemies. It is actually too weak to become a zerg punishment
    8. IC districts shall give unique PVP buffs (i.e the arena gives weapon/spell damage buff, arboretum gives regen buff etc) and IC access must be limited to factions with homekkeps owned
    9. yep
    10. ^^
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You had me on the first two, starting getting concerned at #3, and gave up at #4. The medication is your friend. :smile:

So... #1, #2, #6, and #8

#3... should be phrased to indicate a balance of stamina and magicka utility and not be making accusations about favoritism.

#4... cannot disagree more

#5... I am only in favor of arenas and organized PVP (1x1, 2x2, 3x3, etc) if they sell entry tickets for Crowns. Otherwise, let other games do it.

#7... this is a tough one because, on the one hand it is a valid strategy, and on the other it causes lag and is easily exploitable. I am leery of changes that are made just because of zergs because this is reactionary. Zergs will go away when zergs are no longer the best strategy, and that needs to be the focus of the anti-zerg thinking.

#9... I think that ZOS can make a game without bringing in all of the MMO stuff from other games. ESO is not a traditional MMO game, and I hope it never is. They should be encouraged to make their own game. Any game suggestion that includes "Game X has this feature" makes me think the player should go play Game X.

#10... I cannot help but wonder if this is a call to action (petition) and violates the forum rules.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus