Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why is the game making do an IP address check so much?

wolfydog
wolfydog
✭✭✭
I tried to log in from home during my lunchbreak on Monday. The game gives me the IP adress message. It takes about a half hour for the email to arrive which is insane. Other games that do this the email is instant.

Anyways, I had to go back to work before the email came and when I go to log in that evening after work, I dont have to enter a code or anything the game lets me right on.

My accounts not hacked or anything, nothing missing, all good. I know I dont have any friends either that could be messing.

Anyways, now its tuesday, home for lunch, try to log in and same BS, need to verify IP address and the email is taking forever.

Whats the deal with this? I play on the weekends at all times of day and never have IP address issues. I have even logged in during lunch breaks before an dhave no IP issues.

I never had this problem before. Nothing been changed with m ymodem, same cable company. (***). I probably had to verify my IP like 2-3 times my whole playing time in this game since beta days.
Edited by wolfydog on October 27, 2015 7:59PM
  • Icy
    Icy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Has your modem rebooted at all? Unless you have a static IP from your ISP it's *possible* for your IP to change when the modem reboots....

Not running a VPN on your home computer when you try to connect at lunch are you? That might make it appear as if the request is coming from a diff IP.

Not sure what else might cause it...
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________________Greetings, Outlanders from -Icy (@IcyIC)twitch.tv/IcyICyoutube.com/HulloItsIcy(not ZOS_Icy)_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't get it with the game so much, but I only log into my account about once per month and it always, without fail, gets me to verify. And yes the email takes forever.
    PC | EU
  • ZOS_MollyH
    Hi @wolfydog !

We cannot see any IP verification message requests on your account between 10/14 and now. If you're seeing this message frequently, can you please be sure to submit a ticket to our support team for investigation?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • mikeleg34_ESO
    Any OS reinstalls? That'll cause an IP request.
  • Belidos
    Belidos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wolfydog wrote: »
    I tried to log in from home during my lunchbreak on Monday. The game gives me the IP adress message. It takes about a half hour for the email to arrive which is insane. Other games that do this the email is instant..
    IP check emails are sent instantly, I have had the IP check randomly hit me multiple times recently and every single time the email has been in my inbox within a few minutes. If you're having to wait such a long time then there may be an issue with their mal delivery server being slow or overloaded.