The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

IC Sewers Entrance: Enemy players 'blocking' it. What to do in that situation?

agwm_2014
agwm_2014
✭✭
Hello,

Given that this is my first post I want to start by thanking all of you for making such an amazing community! Also, english isn't my mother tongue, so please excuse my mistakes.

Now going to the topic, yesterday at around 4 PM CET, in the EU PS4 server there was a group of around 6 EP players hidden right at our entrance of IC Sewers, killing everyone that was trying to get in.

I know that Cyrodiil it's a PVP area, but that's the only access point to IC Sewers (if I'm not mistaken), and I'm sure that there were a lot of angry players that couldn't enjoy their DLC when they wanted, on weekend peak time, due to that group.

My question is: What do you recommend we can do in that situation?

I wanted to post a message here right away to find a group to teach them a lesson, but couldn't do it because I needed an invitation code to register and had to go through support. But I think that many players are not even aware of the existence of this forum.

I'm a v16 sorc, so in my second attempt I activated 3 shields and absorption field and I was able to get in, but as you know players can go there as from level 10, so not everyone is well equipped to do something like that.

Wouldn't be a good idea to ask to ZeniMax to put some NPC guards around those entrances in a future patch, to prevent that kind of behavior in those key areas?
Edited by agwm_2014 on September 28, 2015 7:50PM
  • Tallowby
    Tallowby
    ✭✭✭
    You could go to one of the other entrances..... There are 3 of them...

People that don't have the DLC are griefing or farming easy AP off of you.

Edited by Tallowby on September 28, 2015 7:45PM
    NEED THE HELP OF A 9 TRAIT MASTER CRAFTER ON XBOX ONE NA - ALL STYLES LIST ---> My known Styles
    Tallowby's Crafter Aid ...... CONSOLE - How to run a DPS Test

XBOX ONE NA - Guild The OTG (accepting applications)
    Arden Sul | Bosmer | Nightblade | CP160/531 | 9 Trait Master Crafter |
    Tallowby | Imperial | Templar | CP160/531 | 9 Trait Master Crafter | EVERY STYLE KNOWN!
    Freya Bolt | Altmer | Sorcerer | CP160/531 | Master Crafter |
    Wacko Smacko | Imperial | Dragon Knight | CP160/531 | Master Crafter |
  • Danny231
    Danny231
    ✭✭✭
    If they continue to do so, you could file a support ticket. To the support team, to let them look into it :). If that helps!
  • Kova
    Kova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the record, I think your NPC guard idea is a good one.

Other than that I would just suggest going to another entrance. Those guys are obviously in an organized group, so solo and pugs won't stand a chance.
    EP Sorc: Aydinn
    AD Stamplar: Verdant`Knight
    DC Stamblade: Apple`Punch
    EP Stam Sorc: Kós
    AD DragonKnight: Transmigrant
    EP NIghtblade: Aydinn
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the NPC guards idea as well. I would suggest that they only appear at the entrance closest to your territory, and only when your alliance has access to Imperial City, so that they're not guarding nothing during the other times. Then if one alliance doesn't have access, their entrance would also be a safe-ish entry route for your alliance, as their alliance guards would not be there.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Spliffo
    Spliffo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bud your in a pvp zone, Kill them!!!

If you can't do it yourself then go to the nearest keep and let your team know what's happening and get them to help you Kill them.

Plz don't ask ZOS to limit pvp encounters even more, we have very little left now with campaigns being empty above IC
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sounds like a good place to find a fight... it's getting harder and harder these days imo.
  • agwm_2014
    agwm_2014
    ✭✭
    Spliffo wrote: »
    Bud your in a pvp zone, Kill them!!!

If you can't do it yourself then go to the nearest keep and let your team know what's happening and get them to help you Kill them.

Plz don't ask ZOS to limit pvp encounters even more, we have very little left now with campaigns being empty above IC

I did that, there were about 10-12 players in the area and even though I asked for help 2-3 times via area voice chat, didn't get any reply.

I know it's a PVP area, but my point it's that in order to access IC Sewers you only have those specific entry points and if they are blocked then you can't (so you can't enjoy your paid DLC content).

I wouldn't mind if that happens in any other area of Cyrodiil, because being huge as it is, you can always find other places to go, but here there is no alternative.

In any case, thank you all for your responses, just keep an eye to this situation so if it continues happening, you'd know it's not just one time thing.
  • Winterpsy
    Winterpsy
    ✭✭✭
    Couple options I use.

Most of the time, I use a detect pot nearby the entrance, just in case.

Or set up a fire ballista and send out a couple of AOEs through it, bombarding the nearby area :)

Caltrops also cover a large ground busting players in stealth.

Cheapest thing tho is the ...approach the entrance in stealth, dont use the most direct route from your keep, and use a detect pot to check if they are standing right in front of the gate or not.
    Big fat Nord Dragon knight with a huge hammer. - Tank
    Stealthy argonian witch templar - Healer (lowbie)
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tallowby wrote: »
    People that don't have the DLC are griefing or farming easy AP off of you.

Wow... I suppose I should have thought of that. That makes me feel sad.

I've also heard things like ask for help in zone chat, and sneak around to another entrance (not easy).
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Syntse
    Syntse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes like people have said. You can still use either one of the other 2 entrances to get to IC. Of course it will take you bit more time to get there but most likely there will not be anyone blocking the entrance. Might run into someone also trying to get to IC. It is not like you only have the nearest entrance that you can use, which I think many people think.
    Syntse Dominion Khajiit Dragonknight Stamina Tank [50]
    Ra'Syntse Dominion Khajiit Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
    Syntselle Dominion Dark Elf Dragonknight Magica DPS [50]
    Syntseus Dominion Imperial Templar Healer [50]
    Syntsetar Dominion High Elf Sorcerer Magica DPS [50]
    Friar Tuktuk Daggerfall Brenton Templar Healer [50]
    Syntseyn Ebonheart Brenton Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
  • Surragard
    Surragard
    ✭✭✭✭
    Winterpsy wrote: »
    Couple options I use.

Most of the time, I use a detect pot nearby the entrance, just in case.

Or set up a fire ballista and send out a couple of AOEs through it, bombarding the nearby area :)

Caltrops also cover a large ground busting players in stealth.

Cheapest thing tho is the ...approach the entrance in stealth, dont use the most direct route from your keep, and use a detect pot to check if they are standing right in front of the gate or not.

I'm curious about the siege equipment strategy. You're able to set up and fire off a few shots before anyone notices?
    I don't always drink Skooma, but when I do I go to the Southwall Corner Club. May you walk on warm sands my friends.
  • Nivzruo_ESO
    Nivzruo_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kill them, but if you want to be a girl the easiest options are to 1) use another entrance. 2) Go to another campaign.
    Nelgyntc- V14 NB
  • Bogdan_Kobzar
    Bogdan_Kobzar
    ✭✭✭

Everything is working as intended.

"Being honorable might make you a good man, but it doesn't make you right. Be a better world if it did."
    Be mindful of Community Rules
  • Vruci
    Vruci
    ✭✭
    Well honestly, being me I figured it would be an AP fest going and farming sewer entrances. So I was gonna go gang people and then I was like, wow that makes you a total looser Vruci, so instead I ganked them INSIDE IC :wink:
    I have a god complex. Don't judge. Or do judge. I will thus proceed to smite you.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thought of another approach this afternoon.

I usually creep up in stealth, with a magelight and doing some sort of AoE to pull anyone out of stealth.

Today we rode in on horses from an angle with rapid maneuvers on, plowed into the entrance and hit 'enter'. Worked okay.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis