Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

psijic ambrosia recipe fragments

cheeseaddict
cheeseaddict
✭✭✭
In the last 4 weeks i have done the daily writ for provisioning on three characters and have received not one Psijic ambrosia fragment. has the drop rate been nerfed?
  • Drax76
    Drax76
    ✭✭✭
    It appears that the addition of the purple Glass Motif fragments has made the list of what the RNG selects larger. Thus the Gold Psijic Ambrosia recipe fragments less likely for the RNG to select them as a net result.
    PS4 - NA - AD
    v16 Khajiit NB Tank
    40 Breton Templar Healer/Tank
  • Flaminir
    Flaminir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Drax76 wrote: »
    It appears that the addition of the purple Glass Motif fragments has made the list of what the RNG selects larger. Thus the Gold Psijic Ambrosia recipe fragments less likely for the RNG to select them as a net result.

I'd be very surprised... the loot tables for the different writs are totally separate....

Glass fragments drop from Clothing/Woodworking/Blacksmithing writs
    Psijic chapters drop from provisioning.

OP, it's probably just the cruel mistress that is RNG... that said I have only seen 1 psijic fragment since IC launch and have been doing 4 top tier provisioning writs every day.
    GM of the Unholy Legacy
    EU/EP
    Sorcerer Flaminir (Magicka) / Staminir (Stamina)
    Templar Elixiia (Magicka/Healer) / Lotti Velooni (Magicka)
    DragonKnight Xalora Flaminar (Tank) / Unholy-Dragon-Toad (Tank)
    Nightblade Aimee Owlious (Magicka) / Myttens (Stamina)
    Warden: Frosti-Tute (Magicka/Healer) Boops-Many-Snoots (Stamina/Tank)
  • kyrowski
    kyrowski
    ✭✭
    Same here 3 characters every day and I've only received 2 pieces and one of those was the day after I gave up hoping for them and bought the other 6 scraps :-(
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It took me about a month to make my first recipe, then it took about a month to make my second recipe. I then got two more fragments in the two weeks after that. However since that time, I have not seen a Fragment. I have stopped doing the writs a few days ago. The RNG on this is not favorable lately.

Then again, I see people selling the fragments for 20K in zone chat, and the recipe for 95K to 100K, so somebody has to be finding fragments.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• myrrrorb14_ESO
    myrrrorb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RNG!

I hate you so much...

I got two provisioners going everyday. Got 1 during the first week and 1 during the second week!

I was like cool, 1 per week should take 10-12 weeks to finish.

Nope, got nothing since then. Stupid RNG
  • reften
    reften
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have one character. I have done the writ every day since Psijic was available. The first week I received two pieces. Since not a one.

It was nerfed, and I blame people with 8 characters with level 50 provisionining getting the receipt within 24hrs of the update....so now us casuals are stuck without it unless we want to pay the hardcores, which I refuse.
    Reften
    Bosmer (Wood Elf)
    Moonlight Crew (RIP), Misfitz (RIP), Victorem Guild

VR16 NB, Stam build, Max all crafts.

Azuras & Trueflame. Mostly PvP, No alts.

Semi-retired till the lag is fixed.

Love the Packers, Bourbon, and ESO...one of those will eventually kill me.
  • myrrrorb14_ESO
    myrrrorb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    reften wrote: »
    I have one character. I have done the writ every day since Psijic was available. The first week I received two pieces. Since not a one.

It was nerfed, and I blame people with 8 characters with level 50 provisionining getting the receipt within 24hrs of the update....so now us casuals are stuck without it unless we want to pay the hardcores, which I refuse.

Suppose I could level up 6 more provisioners to speed it up, but too lazy. Food for thought though.
  • MilwaukeeScott
    MilwaukeeScott
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been doing the daily writs on two characters since day one and I have two pieces. I have never missed a day.
    PS4NA

All I see is hate and rage from people who don't understand how to.....
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have been wondering this myself. I have two max level provisioners who does the writs daily and have not received a recipe fragment from either one in over a month. Actually, the drop rate for any purple recipe seems to have been nerfed to the ground. Most of the time all I get now is some worthless green recipe or 10 Greens that goes along with my current 3 stacks of 200 :)
  • GreyRanger
    GreyRanger
    ✭✭✭
    I came over to the forum to post this exact question. I have been doing 2 provisioning writs a day for ages. Weeks ago I got several of the pages and bought the last couple I needed to finish it, but I have not seen another page in weeks. I am assuming they nerfed the drop rate to encourage more crown store purchases. Frustrating. I may give up on provisioning writs because the Psijic ambrosia fragments were about the only reason to do these writs.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I recently wrote a /feedback to them on this subject. It has been a very long time since obtained a new fragment. Could be RNG, but it seems unlikely at this point.

Some people in my guild have recently suggested that the Perfect Roe discovery rate is no longer about 0.8% and has been reduced. These two things form a pattern that is answered by assuming the Crown XP item is not selling well and someone has taken steps to see if limiting in-game production of Ambrosia will fix that.

I am collecting Glass components as fast as I possibly can because, if they have reduced in-game rates for Ambrosia to drive Crown Store purchases, it is only a matter of time before Glass motif fragments and Malachite fragments become hard to find.

As I said in another thread, I feel like I am competing with ZOS over crafting, and we all know who is going to win that game.
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ashtaris wrote: »
    Actually, the drop rate for any purple recipe seems to have been nerfed to the ground.

I am fortunate in that I have found every Purple Food and Drink Recipe at least once, because they are not dropping any more for me. I barely get any Blues these days. I don't even bother listing the Green recipes in the guild stores, I just destroy them as soon as open the coffer from the writ.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Actually, the drop rate for any purple recipe seems to have been nerfed to the ground.

I am fortunate in that I have found every Purple Food and Drink Recipe at least once, because they are not dropping any more for me. I barely get any Blues these days. I don't even bother listing the Green recipes in the guild stores, I just destroy them as soon as open the coffer from the writ.

I get purple recipes from provisioning rewards, and it has been some time since I found one I do not know. They sell nicely in the guild store. I suppose this means that ZOS will put new ones into the Crown Store and make the in-game ones BoP so they cannot be sold anymore.
  • tengri
    tengri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now that you mentioned it... yes, I seam to be lacking with those pieces lately.
    Got several in the first weeks but then it just... stopped. And I do at least one provision writ per day (sometimes two).
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    When Psijic was released, I leveled 7 characters to max provisioning, and was doing 8 writs a day. All my fragments came from only 2 of 3 Belkarth writs. After making the recipe, I stopped doing the daily writs except on those 2. After making the 2nd recipe, I'm down to just a daily writ on my original provisioner, and still getting fragments. This seems lucky compared to other posters.....maybe my signature helps :o .

However, like others too, purple recipes have stopped dropping. I don't think I've seen anything but green recipes since IC dropped. Maybe this is just RNG, but the timing feels like more than a coincidence.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

This has started to really annoy me.

I don't destroy green recipes, I sell them, but I find I'm destroying at least half of the "rewards" I get from writs - mainly trash ingredients and traits that you can't even sell for 1 gold.

I used to sell green recipes cheaply on my guild store, but people have stopped buying them. I now sell blues equally cheaply - but again there's very little demand. It won't be long before everyone who wants them has all the recipes, at which point they will all be vendor trash.
  • Tommy1979AtWar
    Tommy1979AtWar
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've not had a Psijic chapter drop since IC was released.
  • Nikkor
    Nikkor
    ✭✭✭
    In the last 4 weeks i have done the daily writ for provisioning on three characters and have received not one Psijic ambrosia fragment. has the drop rate been nerfed?

the drop rates on EVERYTHING have been dropped. its really taken a lot of fun out of the game.

• myrrrorb14_ESO
    myrrrorb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got a pretty high drop rate for perfect roe, but since I cant use it (recipe wont drop) I put it up for sale.
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I got a pretty high drop rate for perfect roe, but since I cant use it (recipe wont drop) I put it up for sale.

@myrrrorb14_ESO If you want XP Potions, instead of selling the Perfect Roe, you could find someone who can use your mats to make the pots for you.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • myrrrorb14_ESO
    myrrrorb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ourorboros wrote: »

@myrrrorb14_ESO If you want XP Potions, instead of selling the Perfect Roe, you could find someone who can use your mats to make the pots for you.

Dont really need the potions. Just want them because Im a collector, lol. If I had the recipe I would probably use them occasionally, but I am pretty casual most of the time and just enjoy going out into the world and picking the flowers.
  • cheeseaddict
    cheeseaddict
    ✭✭✭
    i had my first one drop today. but yet to get any perfect roe.
  • jarrandub17_ESO
    jarrandub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    All ambrosia fragments have stopped since IC for me. Bit ridicule I think
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All ambrosia fragments have stopped since IC for me. Bit ridicule I think

Yeah, no sign that it will be fixed, either.
  • jarrandub17_ESO
    jarrandub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    So as soon as I posted this I got one on lol. Wow
  • cheeseaddict
    cheeseaddict
    ✭✭✭
    That's good Karma