The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Constant crashes - unknown reason.

phairdon
phairdon
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
This started on Saturday my time zone, after installing another version of sweetfx. Game would crash maybe every 40 mins or so (approx). Deleted sweetfx before heading to bed last night.
Logged in this morning. Game crashed around every 5-10 minutes. Uninstalled the game, deleted the Zenimax file. Reinstalled the game through download. Start playing, once again the game starts crashing randomly.
No reports in the error folder. No error number came up on screen for any of the crashes.
Up until yesterday, crashes were a rarity for me on both Windows 7 & Windows 10. Absolutely no idea what is causing my game to do this. I did submit most of my crashes through the report system that comes up, including details of what I was doing at the time.

Ran memory tests. Memory is fine. So are my sound & graphic drivers. Also ran a game repair.
Edited by phairdon on October 25, 2015 12:44PM
Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • Waseem
    Waseem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    change or lower graphic quality.. worked for me
    PC EU

• phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Waseem wrote: »
    change or lower graphic quality.. worked for me

I'll give it a try.
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Update. Another 3 crashes this morning on different characters. Now set graphic's to medium to see if this will help.

@Waseem You''re suggestion might be right on the mark. Changed to default grahpic setting, then to medium. Slight stutter gone. Went back into video setting, put water to low setting, game crashed. Hopefully this is on the way to being solved.

I'll update if anymore crashes occur.
    Edited by phairdon on October 25, 2015 11:22PM
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Another update.

Crashed again this morning after traveling from Haven wayshrine to Elden Root wayshrine. This is at least the third time my game crashed after traveling to Elden Root wayshirne, excluding all the other crashes i've had over the last 72 + hours or so.

Another crash, while trying to enter Mobar Mine delve in Grahtwood.

Edited by phairdon on October 26, 2015 9:45PM
  • jeffreymthrasherub17_ESO
    I can't even get to the character screen. After I sign in I sit at the pre-character screen (2 men rowing to a lighthouse) until I give up and close the game down.
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I can't even get to the character screen. After I sign in I sit at the pre-character screen (2 men rowing to a lighthouse) until I give up and close the game down.

Is this recent? Or since the long loading screen problem surfaced?

My game was fine until late Saturday afternoon. Even a fresh install has not fixed whatever is causing the crashes.
  • WreckfulAbandon
    WreckfulAbandon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    phairdon wrote: »

Is this recent? Or since the long loading screen problem surfaced?

My game was fine until late Saturday afternoon. Even a fresh install has not fixed whatever is causing the crashes.

The crashing problem started (for me) with the IC update.

It seems like the character select screen is especially unstable and if I don't pick my character within 5 seconds the game is likely to crash.

When I was making a new character a couple of weeks ago I had to restart 3 times due to crashes, one of those times I had spent 10 minutes making him look just like I wanted.
    PC NA

All my comments are regarding PvP
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've deleted the user setting file. Going to see if creating a new one might fix my problem.

Game already feels smoother. Guessing my user setting file was corrupted. Although I'll continue to update this discussion if any more crashes occur.

@WreckfulAbandon Did you delete your user settings file? Give it a try & see if it makes a difference for you.
    Edited by phairdon on October 26, 2015 10:12PM