Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

I am new to the game and a Dunmer - where do I find different styles as Obsidian is all I have?

MattyMatty
MattyMatty
✭✭
Topic title question??
"Look I got cleAN SOCKS"
  • BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You learn styles from "Motif" books and scrolls. They can be found in containers like backpacks, nightstands, cabinets, etc. They can also be found for sale on guild traders and in the crown store. The rarer ones are found in veteran areas.
    Megaservers: PC NA (sometimes) / EU (sometimes) Xbox NA (mostly)
    Luxury Furniture Gallery [PC/NA]: Moon-Sugar Meadow
    Website:BenevolentBowd.ca, "Shared My Notes With the World to Help Others"
    ESO Calendarmancer - Retired
    #TeamStackableTreasureMaps
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Note, once you learn the Motif, you then need a Style Stone to craft the item. You can buy these from NPC merchants near the crafting stations or in Guild Stores (they should be cheap there). I got mine from deconstructing the loot I got in the game. BTW, deconning mob loot is the best and fastest way to level your equipment crafting skills.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Definitely check guild stores (either guilds that you're in or guild traders that you might pass by) for the style stones that you need. I spent a bunch more money than I needed to early on because I needed molybdenum to craft stuff and bought it from the npc merchant for 15g each because it was convenient. But you might find a stack of 20 obsidian for 2g apiece in a guild store, and you can stock up on that stuff so it's available whenever you want to craft things.

I also check guild stores regularly to see if I can find cheap motif books. If I see one that I need for 100-150g I'll buy it. I sold a motif that I found and couldn't use for 350g in my guild store, so it was a nice trade-off.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • Drax76
    Drax76
    ✭✭✭
    Many Guilds keep the Alliance Race Motif Books in the Guild Bank to give to member for free or very little cost. So asking your guild officers can be useful in this.

Urns are also another container rife with the Blue Motif books.
    PS4 - NA - AD
    v16 Khajiit NB Tank
    40 Breton Templar Healer/Tank
  • Fat-Larry-Makes-All
    My guild stores are full of them for bargain prices like 50 gold. If you're on PS4 EU server I can send them all to you via in-game mail, if you like.
    Fat Argonian Cook.