Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Nightblade Dual Wield Build Help!

andyc83
andyc83
Soul Shriven
Hello all. Looking for some feedback, I have read several guides but just feel my character is overall WEAK! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Character:

Magicka 9
Health 26
Stamina 29

Champion Rank 88

Max Magicka 9556
Max Health 18327 (using VR10 food boost)
Max Stamina 22930 (using VR10 food boost)

Spell Damage 1330
Spell Critical 15.0%
Spell Resistance 11248

Weapon Damage 2146
Weapon Critical 45.5%
Physical Resistance 11248

Skill line:

Surprise Attack IV
Whirling Blades IV
Killers Blade IV
Quick Cloak IV
Trap Beast (leveling it up)

Ultimate: Flawless Dawnbreaker IV

Mundus Stone: The Shadow

Inventory:

Main Hand: Dagger of Night Mother VR14 Precise + weapon damage enchantment

OffHand: Dagger of the night mother VR14 Sharpened + crusher enchantment

Head (Medium): Helmet of Hunding's Rage VR14 Infused + Stamina enchant

Chest (Heavy): Curiass of the Night Mother VR14 Divines + Stamina enchant

Shoulders (medium): Arm cops of Hunding's Rage VR14 Infused + Stamina enchant

Waist (Medium): Belt f the Night Mother VR14 Infused + Stamina enchant

Hand (medium): Bracers of Hunding's Rage VR14 Divines + Stamina enchant

Legs (medium): Guards of Hunding's Rage VR13 Infused + Stamina enchant

Feet (medium): Boots of Hunding's Rage VR14 Impenetrable + Stamina enchant

Neck: Diamond of Necklace of Reduce Feast Cost VR10 robost + reduce stamina enchant

Ring 1: Ruby Ring of Feduce Feat cost VR5 robost + reduce stamaina enchant

Ring 2: Snowy Signet VR2 robust + reduce stamina cost
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not the best at giving build advice, but those who are will probably want to know what you are attempting to do with your build (PvP, endgame PvE, grinding, etc.) and what roles you are attempting to play (dps, healer, tank). That info will help them know where you need to make changes :)
  • andyc83
    andyc83
    Soul Shriven
    Allyhoo811 wrote: »
    I'm not the best at giving build advice, but those who are will probably want to know what you are attempting to do with your build (PvP, endgame PvE, grinding, etc.) and what roles you are attempting to play (dps, healer, tank). That info will help them know where you need to make changes :)

Thanks allyhoo811! I'm new to the forums. I read a lot. Just don't post.

I'm looking for endgame PVE. DPS.
  • Jorva
    Jorva
    ✭✭
    Nightblades are generally designed for 1 vs 1 combat. Sure, they can handle a few enemies here and there, but they really excel at beating down a single opponent quickly. They just don't have that longevity as other classes do, but if you look up online for guides, you could find some that might work out for you. It's really expensive to keep re-specing your skill points, so dedicate your time to research before practice.

I could mention that such a build sometimes use not only dual wield, but also a bow. A second skill bar dedicated to ranged attacks. Perhaps the ranged attacks will greatly help your character survive more fights, since you can deal quite a bit of damage and mess them up before you start taking damage. I'm still trying to find more nightblade builds myself but they are quite a bit difficult to build other than PvP, and it can be frustrating. If I have to give you my two cents; research, research, research, ask a bunch of questions, and then put it to the trials. Rinse and repeat until you come out smelling like a rose.
    Jorvo Stormwolf
    Ebonheart Pact
    PC Platform
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If I'm not mistaken, you're v15 at the moment, aren't you?
    Why did you spend points in magicka?
    What weapon do you use on your second bar?

I'd recommend to use steel tornado instead of whirling blades. It has a much bigger radius and with a decent Templar in your group you shouldn't run out of stamina while using it.
    You probably know yourself, that your jewelery is far from perfect. I know, good jewelery is expensive, but you should try to get at least some set. Maybe you can find some affordable shadow walker / ravager jewelery as a placeholder untill you can get a (v16) agillity set.
    If possible you should update your gear to v16 as soon as you reach it. Most important will be the weapons, followed by the big armour pieces (chest, legs, head).