Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Most versatile class?

Groggolo
Groggolo
✭✭
Hi all,
I am thinking of rolling a new char, my main is a stam sorcerer, and I got bored by the limited synergies, the few builds one can run to be competitive, and the play style which is repetitive. I also looked into respec into stam sorcerer, but I don't see much improvement in terms of versatility.

I am looking for a class with the highest number of viable builds so I can rotate relatively often, and ideally with a good balance of survivability, DPS and support. Doesn't need to excel in everything, but again needs to be competitive in different set-ups, particularly with a focus on PvP.

The choice would be between templar, nightblade and dragonknight, I am looking at the first two in particular, but I keep my mind open on DK as well.

Thanks for your help and insights.

• terrordactyl1971
    terrordactyl1971
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm a Magicka Sorc and regulalry switch between Resto, Desto and two-handed - I find them all viable solo. With my two handed my ult is werewolf which is surprisingly effective as the magicka heals keep you alive forever.
  • mklundub17_ESO
    mklundub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Templar is easily the most versatile class. Heal, Tank, Healtank, DPS or PVP as either stam or magicka, and stam builds revolve around biting jabs which is a change of pace for most other stam builds that revolve around wrecking blow or steel tornado.

Magicka would be the most versatile. I can respec just attribute points, a new mundus, and equip a different set of gear and I can go from tank, dps, heal, or healtank for 3k gold.
    Mass Terror
    PS4 | NA | AD
    v16 Imperial Templar
  • RAGUNAnoOne
    RAGUNAnoOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightblade is quite versatile a lot of the moves are at their best when in a group. they can also heal and support very well. magicka is definitely very versatile compared to stamina but stamina hits like a truck. the thing is you have to know how to defend as well because the heals are not instant but they are effective.
    PS4 NA
    Argonian Master Race

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Support Tail armor and tail ribbons: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/236333/concept-tail-armor-for-beast-races#latest
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/246134/request-dyeable-tail-ribbons
  • Jorva
    Jorva
    ✭✭
    Don't take my comment for granted since I am only speaking out of personal experience. I have a Vet 10 nightblade and I only can say that they are designed best for 1 vs 1 encounters, deadly with a large set of skills... But as versatile as this skill set can be, ranging from siphoning to sneaking to sheer damage, it's very situational. I assume you're looking for something that can generally handle all sorts of circumstances and still work out nicely in PvP.

My suggestion is the Templar class. It can deal a decent amount of damage, tank, support, and heal; it is rather very mixed. Templars heal like it's an addiction so they're very resilient in PvE. They have a few skills that lash out good damage and yet heal you in the process, so they're great for mixing up with other skills from different categories. Just don't expect them to excel better than other classes in anything but healing. I say that because they have the largest set of healing-based skills and have an entire skill tree dedicated to the art.

Anyone will say that any class can do anything as long as they build properly for it. It is true, but it is also a solid fact that some classes are better at specific roles than others, and those roles are better at certain situations than others. You just have to find that role and situation you are most comfortable with and go for it. Otherwise, choose the Templar if you want the most balanced approach.
    Jorvo Stormwolf
    Ebonheart Pact
    PC Platform