The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Error 204

SentinelNC
SentinelNC
Soul Shriven
I'm installing from discs, then downloading a 6gb patch.

However, i receive the message:

Error 204 - PatchManifestError_UpdatePathUnavailable
Unable to find update path, please click repair for your game

After running the repair the installer begins downloading the game from scratch.

Please, is there a solution to this?
  • ZOS_MichelleA
    ZOS_MichelleA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello, @SentinelNC. Thank you for the this report! If you both haven't, please contact our Customer Support team and be sure to include a Game Consultant file with your ticket. You can find instructions on how to create a Game Consultant file on our help site: https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/6690/.

Once you've created a ticket, please reply here with your ticket/incident number, so that we can investigate this error more thoroughly. Thank you for your patience!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Options
    Staff Post
  • lukelenb16_ESO
    Is there a solution to this, yet? I'm facing the same issues.
    Options
  • ladyonthemoon
    ladyonthemoon
    ✭✭✭
    I just had this issue. I decided to carry on updating the game. So it did and after a while, the button on the right read "Repair". I clicked on it and it's verifying the files. That's where I am right now.

To be continued...

Edit: 7.00 pm: verification is over, updating has resumed.

Edit#2, 9.00 pm: updating and patching are now finished and I can play the game.

This should apply to everyone that is getting this error. :)
    Edited by ladyonthemoon on October 15, 2015 7:01PM
    Options
  • lukelenb16_ESO
    so..you downloaded the whole 32GB again, after the repair didn't help?
    Options
  • ladyonthemoon
    ladyonthemoon
    ✭✭✭
    Repair must have helped since I'm playing. :)
    Options
  • lukelenb16_ESO
    Hm unfortunately repair didn't do anything for my situation. Currently downloading all 32GB (7GB still remaining). I hope that it will run fine, after that. Just a little bit curious about the fact, that this exact same error is reported in the US and german forum independently of each other by some people in the last 3 days. Furthermore, that the error isn't listed in the technical support forum or anywhere else.
    Options
  • ladyonthemoon
    ladyonthemoon
    ✭✭✭
    Hm unfortunately repair didn't do anything for my situation. Currently downloading all 32GB (7GB still remaining). ...
    Yes, that's what happened to me and apparently that's what must happen.

Options
  • lerris_b16_ESO
    lerris_b16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I have the same problem. Only thing for me is that after verifying it is downloading the game again at a crappy 50kb/s :(
    Options
  • ladyonthemoon
    ladyonthemoon
    ✭✭✭
    I have the same problem. Only thing for me is that after verifying it is downloading the game again at a crappy 50kb/s :(
    Yes, it's the normal behabvour.

Options
  • matronpain
    matronpain
    Soul Shriven
    I had the same on both my pc and laptop, ERROR 204, one machine would possibly be my fault, both and its something game based, or an with updating machines to windows the devs cant be bothered to face.

nothing in the support files as you'd expect.

on my PC between patching and repairing its taken 27 hours over 3 days to get the game to work, now I have to face the same on my laptop.

after taking 5 months just to get a forum invite and looking at other posts here I'd say people's best option is to just run the patch and repair (hours to patch then downloading the whole game). It'd would be infinitely quicker than contacting a customer support that is based on console users where the biggest post is probably 'my mummy says its time for bed, what do I do?'
    Options