The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Formatting PC without Re-Downloading Everything

magnusthorek
magnusthorek
✭✭✭✭✭
That's! I can't stand with Windows 10 anymore. It's the biggest piece of... you know the word I would be using here, I've ever used.

Since the "free upgrade" I'm having too much trouble and the game performance (that's not even close to good, I have to say) is even worse, but several other minor issues are annoying me so much that I'll downgrade to Windows 7.

However, ESO is a HUGE game and I don't think I can afford enough space in disk to make a regular Steam backup so, I would like to know if, since ESO is not too... "tied" to Steam itself, is there a way I can recover my installation after formatting my PC without re-download everything again?

My installation is already in a different partition, so I wouldn't have to move anything, the question is more about recovering the installation flow.

One idea the occurred to me was using the workaround to backup the Origin's games, since EA's Client does not provide a native backup system, in which we rename the folder where the game was previously installed to something else, start download again, close the Download Manager and rename the backuped folder to what it was before, so the manager would "resume", finishing it quickly.

But I'm not so sure... Any tips?
I am the very model of a scientist Salarian, I've studied species Turian, Asari, and Batarian.
I'm quite good at genetics (as a subset of biology) because I am an expert (which I know is a tautology).
My xenoscience studies range from urban to agrarian, I am the very model of a Scientist Salarian.
  • Marlon018BR
    Marlon018BR
    ✭✭
    You just need to install the Visual C ++ 2010 x64 and x86 and update DirectX after installing the OS. No need to reinstall the Launcher. Just start the game with Bethesda.net_Launcher.exe and play.
  • magnusthorek
    magnusthorek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But what about the Steam integration? In near future I'll have to buy Crows for the DLCs and I read that if my copy is from Steam I have to buy the Crons from Steam, but if Steam don't recognizes my installation, I wouldn't be able, right?

Or I don't really need Steam at all?
    I am the very model of a scientist Salarian, I've studied species Turian, Asari, and Batarian.
    I'm quite good at genetics (as a subset of biology) because I am an expert (which I know is a tautology).
    My xenoscience studies range from urban to agrarian, I am the very model of a Scientist Salarian.
  • DeTosc
    DeTosc
    Soul Shriven
    Or I don't really need Steam at all?

This.

I bought ESO on Steam during a sale and I play without the Steam client. I simply run the ESO launcher or ESO.exe directly.

AFAIK it is even no longer possible to buy crowns on Steam.
  • magnusthorek
    magnusthorek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alright then. Thank you very much both of you