The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Sanctuary

Krist
Krist
✭✭✭✭
110px-Nord_Crest.png

forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/171826/krist-returns-to-cyrodiil
Previously: Krist Lindor was found almost dead after being severely wounded defending a village against some outlaws. While successful, he was facing certain death until a family on their way to Cyrodiil found him. Hesitant to take him with them, young and pretty Holly convinced her uncle it was the right thing to do. They found a farm that was over run with weeds and falling apart, and made their claim in Cyrodiil near the Skyrim/Marrowind border, almost due south of The Rift.
Krist had scouted the land, and met a strange old man that was hunting vampires. He was worried that vampires may be too close the farm, so stayed with the man for a bit in search of a nest. Though they killed two vampires, no others were found. The man parted from Krist one night, and Krist headed back to the farm, feeling the surrounding area was relatively safe, though in Cyrodiil, the 3 Banner War continued to rage, and Mannimarco's influence could still be felt throughout Tamriel.

Holly watched as Krist shook the soldiers hand. The scout was alone, and kept looking around the big warrior, as if expecting to see someone rushing to attack him. Of course no one would. The markings on his armor suggested he was part of the Ebonheart Pact. He was a Dark Elf, and Holly found it hard to judge his stance and demeanor. Krist put some grain and vegetables on a mule and sent it with the man, who left with a nod.

"We shouldn't give our food away," Garin said, though not accusing. He was near 16 years old now, and almost as tall as Krist, though not near as broad shouldered yet.
"That won't hurt us for the winter, and it may well buy us some level of peace from the armies," Krist replied, watching the scout as he entered the tree line.
"Until another army takes the area," Garin said, a frown on his face.
"Well then, when that happens," Tohmas offered, "we will give that army some grain as well."
The three chuckled, and headed into the house. It was nearing dark, and supper was already cooked. Holly and her aunt had been hard at work.

After supper, Krist sat on the porch, rocking in an old chair that the previous owners of the farm had forgotten or just left. It had been 6 months since they arrived in Cyrodiil and claimed the property, and in those months no one returned to claim it. He was confident it would be theirs now. He was deep in that thought when the door to house creaked as Holly stepped out.
"There you are," she said, a smile on her face. The lantern caught her eyes and caused them to twinkle some. Krist could not help but smile back.
"Is everything okay," Krist asked.
"You know, you always ask that, as if you are waiting for something to happen," Holly sat down in a chair beside Krist.
Krist just looked out to the night and sighed a bit.
"You did not wish to come back to Cyrodiil. You told me that before. You also said you were heading back to Skyrim. Are you still heading back to Skyrim?"
It was Krist's turn to smile.
"I guess things change," he said, then looked back out into the darkness. He could hear her cousins and uncle laughing inside about something, with their mother fussing and telling them to all get cleaned up for bed.
"What of your family, Krist?"
"You forget, I had not been with them for a few years. I was here. I suppose I will try and send word home from one of the villages around here. See if they returned or if someone there knows where they are. If they have not, then I would not know where they are or where to look."
Holly nodded to that. It made perfect sense to her.
"Besides," he added, "I have a new purpose here."
"Do you now," she asked, a playful grin now on her face.
Krist looked to Holly, and chuckled at himself for sounding so serious. He just nodded a bit.
"Well do not leave me in suspense, Krist Lindor. What exactly is your new important purpose."
Krist looked thoughtful a moment, then looked away with a sudden serious gaze.
"To eat your aunt's good cooking till I become fat and unable to wear my armor," Krist said.

Inside the house it was the families turn to hear laughing from outside. Tohm look to his wife with an approving nod. He liked the Nord, and was in deep hopes that the Nord would stick around.

uFUnSC2.jpg

"Krist the Lionheart? No. Lionheart was my dog" -Krist
"Darling, if looks were everything, I would be king of the world" -Luke
"That place, between day and night, that purple color just before dark, that is where you will find me"- Hughe
  • Krist
    Krist
    ✭✭✭✭
    latest?cb=20120217124104
    Mannimarco used his dark magic and revealed his true intentions: he was an agent of Molag Bal, and the ritual in fact weakened the barriers between Nirn and Oblivion in an event known as the Soulburst.
    This event allowed Molag Bal to initiate the Planemeld, a forceful merging of worlds.

Krist rode the parameter of the farm, outside of the fence, like he usually did. There was not really much to be done. Their work was finished in the morning hours. The crops were almost ready to harvest, the ground almost ready to turn.

It was good times.

Krist and Holly had grown very close. They spent most evenings together either on the porch, or going for a walk around the farm.

Life just went on.

Rumors of the war would carry their way to the farm by way of a traveler or a trader, yet aside from the few soldiers and scouts that made their way by the farm, it really did not effect them. They were friendly to all of them, and stayed from showing any sign of favoritism or dislike. Krist, however, always kept a close eye.

Life was peaceful.

If life was so peaceful, Krist thought, then why was he on his back looking to the sky. Why was his horse running off in a panic.

An inhuman voice was talking, and Krist coul not quite make out exactly what it was saying. One thing did seem clear, it was talking about finding the human.

That would be me.

Krist felt for his sword, but he did not have it on him. It was on the horse, that was now out of sight and probably still running. It was not his horse, the one he used in battles. It was a simple farm horse that he decided to take for a ride.
    Now he was regretting that decision.
    He still had his knife.
    A quick check of himself revealed that he was not hurt. Whatever force struck him off the horse did not do that much to injure him, despite the fact that he did not have armor on. His white button down shirt was not even damaged. He had no more than a bad bruise at this point.
    The voices were getting closer, but it was still really hard to make out what they were saying. One voice sounded like many as they spoke, and he could not make out how many there really was. Whoever or whatever they were, they were taking their time approaching him.

That was good.

Krist did not cross the fence line, though it was really close. The grass outside of the fence was tall, and kept him hidden. He began to crawl, instead, toward the tree line. That would offer him more shelter and he could possibly run, using the trees to keep himself out of any line of fire from weapon or magic.
    Krist was a big man, taller than most and very broad shouldered. However, in the Imperial Army, he learned how to make himself smaller, and how to leave less of a track. No, he was not as good as some at this skill, but he still had some tricks up his own sleeve.
    Being careful not to flatten the grass, he quickly made his way, away from where he fell. That of course would be where, whoever it was, would start looking. Apparently they struck him with some kind of magic from a good distance, which gave him time.
    He was feeling the bruise now forming on his shoulder. It would be okay though. Nothing he had not experienced before.
    The voices began to grow more distant now. They were taking their time.

That was very good.

Krist exited the tall grass at the edge of the treeline. The trees were not yet very thick, but he could hide from one to the other and make his way away from the attackers, and hopefully, back to the house to retrieve a weapon, and some help.
    Krist found his way behind a tree, and putting it between him and his unknown enemies, he took a moment to catch his breath, leaning his back against the tree. He considered risking a look, to see if he could catch sight of whoever it was that meant him harm, but reconsidered when he heard rustling from the grass.
    He also heard grunts and snorts. He saw a beak like mouth slowly come into view from his peripheral vision. Krist meant to put himself on the other side of the tree, but saw the same type of beak on the other side.
    He recognized the creatures from the Imperial City, not long before he left the Imperial Army.
    Clannfear, animal like daedra with with plated spikes along their spine, and a dangerous tri-tipped tail. They are quick, deadly, and he with only a dagger.

This was not good.

latest?cb=20131016104033

Edited by Krist on September 25, 2015 4:27AM
    "That place, between day and night, that purple color just before dark, that is where you will find me"- Hughe
  • Krist
    Krist
    ✭✭✭✭
    After being killed, a Daedra's soul will wander Oblivion and eventually re-constitute its original form; this tortuous period can last centuries.

The arrow that struck the daedra on the right side was not a killing blow, though Krist and the Clannfear were shocked none the less. The creature moved away, obviously hurt from the attack.
    The one on the leftt did not pay this much mind, and snapped at Krist, meaning to take his throat out. Krist ducked the attack and drove his dagger in the fleshy part of the neck, just below its bony armor. While it seemed to hurt it, it was far from a killing blow.
    Krist rolled away from the creatures, and ran toward the arrow shots. It was then he noticed Garin and Tohm, Holly's cousins, with bows.
    Arrows passed over head and judging from the sound, found their targets again. The two teens were great shots, as they practiced hunting almost every day that they had time to.
    "Krist," Garin called, and tossed the warrior his sword. "We found the horse without you, and figured something had to have happened."
    Krist nodded, and removed the blade from it's sheath.
    Krist settled behind a tree and looked back to where the Daedra were. One looked dead, the other was trying to get the arrows out of it's hide. Either way, they were both out of the action.
    "There were more Daedra, I heard them speaking but did not get a good look at them," Krist told the boys. "We have to get back to the house."
    Neither of the teens argued that point, but Tohm pointed, eyes a bit wide.
    Krist looked again and saw two tall Daedra. By their look, blue with horns on their heads, they seemed to be Xivilai, but Krist did not know why he knew that. They were taller than Krist by a few inches.
    The creatures carried long staves with slightly curved blades on the end.

"He did not have a bow," one said to the other.
    The other nodded. To mortals, they seemed almost identical, however, they were as different as humans to each other.
    "That means there are more than one out here," the first declared.
    The other looked about, and nodded.
    "Back to camp?" the talkative one asked.
    The other drove his long staff down, and with the curved blade took the head off of the almost dead Clannfear. The other Clannfear began hopping a bit, trying to remove the arrows from it's hide, seemingly as a show that it was not ready to be dispatched.
    It was not. The Xivilai began removing the arrows, patting it soothingly on it's thick hide. While obviously paining the Clannfear, it allowed the process.
    "Back to camp."

Krist was obviously in thought as he and the boys carefully made their way, away from the Daedra. From tree to tree they kept hidden until the foilage became thick enough for the three to move more freely.
    Krist stopped them for a moment and waved them to him.
    "They are slavers," Krist said, nodding back to where they came from.
    "How do you know," Garin asked, looking about, watching, making sure they were not followed.
    "They tried to incapacitate me, not kill me," Krist replied, but inside he knew there was another reason. He just could not quite understand why.
    The boys nodded to this, it was a good enough reason for them. They trusted the warrior completely.
    "I am going back, hopefully I can follow them and see if they have actually captured anyone," Krist said, and the boys were already shaking their heads.
    "You two will be fine, stick to the trees, make your way to the front of the farm, and let your father know what happened. You will need to stay alert and ready until I come back."
    "I am not worried about us," Tohm said.
    Krist looked to the two boys and smiled.
    "I have been fighting for most of my adult life, this is cake compared to some of the things I have had to do, it will be fine. You have to warn your family, and you have to go together to keep each other safe."
    Tohm and Garin both nodded. They were good young men and would listen, though Krist could see it pained them to leave him alone.
    Krist patted his sword and sheath, and nodded for the two to go.
    "Trust me on this guys," he offered then headed back towards the Daedra. The fact was, the three Daedra were manageable, and he did not dislike his chances. One was already hurt with arrow wounds and a slice to its neck. If he could get the drop on them, he could kill them. It would be a bit dangerous since he had no armor on, but still, the surprise would make up for that.
    However, that was not his plan. He wanted to follow them, to insure they did not have others. He needed to measure what kind of camp they actually did have so near the farm. He knew that in some places rifts would open up between Nirn and Oblivian, tears brought on by great magic. The creatures were rumored to have caught slaves and brought them back to Cold Harbour by way of the rifts.
    Krist was known for being very brave, though it was more a sense of duty not bravery that drove him. It was true, while in the Imperial Army, he never backed down from this duty, and faced it with a stern look and unwavering hand. It was due to this that Krist was having a hard time understanding why the thought of a Daedra slave camp was causing him so much fear inside. Why a part of him was screaming to turn around, run, and never look back.
  • Krist
    Krist
    ✭✭✭✭
    hqdefault.jpg

The night was cool, and a breeze was blowing across the hilly land. Krist had to be careful as he followed the Daedra, as there was not many places to hide. A few rocks and here there did not offer great protection. He would let them top a hill and while they were headed down one side, he would quickly make his own way up, flatten himself to the ground until they topped another and headed back down.
    It was tedious, and he did that throughout the remainder of the day. Night time travel was easier, and it helped that the breeze was against him, keeping him down wind from the Daedra Clannfear.
    Krist continually checked the sky for any signs of a rift to Oblivion. With Daedra around, it was a high possibility. He had not seen any sign though.
    It was just after dark that Krist saw the outlines of his quarry enter a camp. He could not see any other greet them from his distance away, but there was a fire, indicating there was at the very least one more.

Just like closing an anchor
    , Krist thought to himself as he drew closer. Now he could see there were three humanoid Daedra, and could see the Clannfear sleeping by the fire. Also near the camp, in the glow of the fire, he could see a horse drawn cage, with one person inside. The figure was small, like a child. Krist's fear was beginning to be replaced with anger. Both emotions had to be controlled.
    They did not seem afraid of anyone attacking their camp. This made Krist even more careful, but it was quite possibly simply due to the arrogance of the Daedra.
    "Psst," Krist was sure he heard, though it was low, not to be heard beyond him.
    Krist began to look around, his eyes having to grow accustomed to the dark behind him, due to looking to the glow of the light of the Daedra camp.
    "Tohmas," Krist said low, recognizing outline.
    Tohmas crawled slowly toward the warrior, a bow on his back and a sword in hand.
    "Came to help," the farmer said, a stern look on his face.
    "Help is appreciated," Krist said.
    "We brought your armor," Tohmas said low.
    Krist nodded and began to back from the camp slowly.

The two cleared another hill, putting distance between them and the camp, and eventually out of line of sight. Tohmas led Krist to a small cropping of rocks, where Tohm and Garin were.
    "How did you find me," Krist asked, looking at the group with a slight smile.
    "Garin can track better than anyone I know," Tohm said with a smile and a nod. Garin just looked away, a hint of shyness about him.
    Krist noticed 4 saddled horses, one his own horse, trained for war. On his horse, his full set of armor.
    "Well," Krist said, walking to his large horse. "We just got the advantage."

The Daedra sat, just staring to the fire. Krist was not even sure if they needed sleep. The Clannfear seemed to curl up, as if it was a sleeping dog almost, but much like a wild dog, Krist knew it was never really fully asleep. One of the Xivilai lifted it's blue head. It probably heard the steps of the horse, or thought it heard something. Krist's horse was trained to not make a sound, but it was hard for a man in full plate to keep completely silent. Krist was not worried about that, as he heeled the steed into a trot.
    Krist entered the camp, knocking one Xivilai over, and tossing embers on the other with his sword. As he turned his steed around, he saw three arrows hit their mark in the Xivilai that was wincing back from the hot coals. It crumpled over.
    The Clannfear was up, as the other Daedra entered the camp. Krist got off of his horse, and ran toward the creatures, even as two more arrows swished through the camp, though they missed their mark this time.
    The Clannfear reached Krist first, and swung it's spiked tail. Krist dodged back from it, then cleaved the tail off with his long sword. As the wounded Daedra rounded, snapping in pain, Krist cleaved the head off as well.
    Krist felt the blade hit his armor, which held. It was good armor. The Daedra then tried for a head shot, but stopped suddenly, as the point of a sword exited it's chest. It fell dead, revealing Tohmas standing behind it with a bloodied short sword.
    "I can do more than farm," Tohmas said with a shrug.
    Krist pushed past Tohmas and blocked a blow from a blade edged staff. Tohmas whirled about and thrust with his sword, sticking the creature in the throat. It backed off, a bit surprised that these mortals had the strength, and fell.
    "They don't really die," Krist said, watching it fall. He had no idea why he said that.
    "Tohmas just nodded, not sure either of what the warrior meant.
    All of the Daedra were accounted for. At least the ones that Krist had counted. It was safe enough now to focus on the cage.

"A kid, a girl," Garin said, looking into the cage as the others approached. The fire light flickered, catching the features of the person in the cage. She stayed quiet, backed away from the group.
    "It's okay little girl, no one will hurt you," Tohmas said, opening the door.
    "Not a lil girl," she said, looking up.
    "Bosmer," Krist said, nodding. "She is a Bosmer. A Wood Elf, and possibly older than all of us."
    Tohmas smiled looking to the Bosmer.
    "We offer you sanctuary ma'm".

2304498-1366744525.jpg
    The Wood Elves, or Bosmer, are mischievous, curious and nimble. Because their homeland of Valenwood is often attacked, Wood Elves are experts at the art of defense.

Edited by Krist on September 28, 2015 12:01AM
  • psychojudge
    psychojudge
    ✭✭✭
    Damn :neutral: that some wall of text :open_mouth: but a good read when you get bored on the night shift :wink:
  • Krist
    Krist
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you very much. If you really get bored, follow the link at the top. :)
  • Krist
    Krist
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just Peace, the next chapter.
    Edited by Krist on October 20, 2015 7:53PM