Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Where to find low level provisioning recipes

Bloodgharm
Bloodgharm
✭✭✭
So I've got a V6 character working on your 3 main crafts (blacksmithing, woodworking and clothing), and while I thought I wouldn't be able to max another craft, I have a plethora of skill points to spend. Therefore, I have decided to invest in provisioning. The problem is that I have no decent low level provisioning recipes to get me to at least level 20. Aside from randomly finding some in the world, where can I buy low level (lv 10-15) recipes? Does anyone even sell them at guild traders? I would assume that the only recipes to be found at a guild trader are blue quality or higher.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You are right in that guild traders are a good place to start.

Although I never did get the X "level" recipes thing
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My two main guilds always have plenty of recipes for sale in the guild store. You can find them in my signature (PC only).

This thread:
    forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/164068/guild-trader-information-na-server-pc/p1

has a link to an online spreadsheet that has all the guild traders locations and guilds that own them. Gets updated every week.
    NOTE: The current week tab sheet is all the way at the end, not the first sheet!

:smile:
  • Bloodgharm
    Bloodgharm
    ✭✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    You are right in that guild traders are a good place to start.

Although I never did get the X "level" recipes thing

Thanks. Thought that's where I should start. The reason why I need green level 15 recipes is because they provide the most efficient leveling before you need to add skill points.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other options are

1. Complete provisioning writs - you will always receive a recipe in the reward container. However, the main downside is that you may very well not have the recipes needed to craft the food/drink the writ asks for.

2. Loot furniture containers in the towns in Zone 1. Most of these will be owned containers, so you will have to steal. However, the containers in the houses/boat you start out in are not owned, so always free stuff there.
  • Bloodgharm
    Bloodgharm
    ✭✭✭
    I think I recall hearing during the provisioning certification process that you can buy some recipes from the mage's guild merchants? That doesn't sound right, but I can alway check there too.
  • Bloodgharm
    Bloodgharm
    ✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    Other options are

1. Complete provisioning writs - you will always receive a recipe in the reward container. However, the main downside is that you may very well not have the recipes needed to craft the food/drink the writ asks for.

2. Loot furniture containers in the towns in Zone 1. Most of these will be owned containers, so you will have to steal. However, the containers in the houses/boat you start out in are not owned, so always free stuff there.

Yeah my alt that is leveling provisioning is already lv 20 and still hasn't gotten both recipes needed for the 1st writ. As for option #2, my main is a vampire nightblade, so I shouldn't have any problem with the thievery >:) .
  • Drax76
    Drax76
    ✭✭✭
    One method is to bypass the first grade of writ by buying the Recipe Improvement 2 Recipes from Guild Store/Traders, then train up with the few Grade 1 recipes that you do know enough to unlock the skill point for Grade 2.

Then your writs will ask for Recipe Improvement 2 Foods and Beverages.
    PS4 - NA - AD
    v16 Khajiit NB Tank
    40 Breton Templar Healer/Tank
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bloodgharm wrote: »
    I think I recall hearing during the provisioning certification process that you can buy some recipes from the mage's guild merchants? That doesn't sound right, but I can alway check there too.

They give you the first recipe they ask you to make for the certification. Which is probably not the recipe you need for the first writ.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah my alt that is leveling provisioning is already lv 20 and still hasn't gotten both recipes needed for the 1st writ. As for option #2, my main is a vampire nightblade, so I shouldn't have any problem with the thievery >:) .

You can learn a stolen recipe with no need to Launder it, so that part is easy.

I would just buy the recipes at a Guild Kiosk. Some guilds will have 100's of recipes for sale, some will just have a few.

Note, the best source I have found for Blue and Purple Recipes (though not so much for Purple these days) are Provisioning Writs. Also a good source of Ingredients.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• MilwaukeeScott
    MilwaukeeScott
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I belong to a Recipe Guild. Our bank almost always has 400+ recipes. Take one leave one rule. I'm on PSNA. PM me if you are too.
    PS4NA

All I see is hate and rage from people who don't understand how to.....
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What Pact are you in? If you're AD, then hit up Vulkhel's Guard and loot the furniture, chests, and backpacks in the bank and in the buildings around the smithing forge. I do a looting rotation in several cities, learn the recipes that I can, and then sell the rest of the recipes. (100g for greens, 150g-200g for blues) The Tavern/Inn in Rawl'kha is awesome for looting recipes and goodies to sell for gold.
    "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
  • Bloodgharm
    Bloodgharm
    ✭✭✭
    So I'm up to rank 2 (level 20-29) recipes now and am kinda stuck. At best, guild traders only sell one or two of these recipes, but I havent been able to find one in awhile. There are tons of level 30-39 recipes for sale, but getting those 10 levels is a pain with just rank one recipes
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So I'm up to rank 2 (level 20-29) recipes now and am kinda stuck. At best, guild traders only sell one or two of these recipes, but I havent been able to find one in awhile. There are tons of level 30-39 recipes for sale, but getting those 10 levels is a pain with just rank one recipes

What pact/system/region are you in, and where are you searching for recipes?
    "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You don't have to craft the food/drink you turn in for a write. If it's a tough to find recipe, like Nut Brown Ale, look for a guildmate who can make you a few until you level enough to bump up to the next provisioning writ batch. There are (I think) only 6 recipes needed for each level or writs.

You can also abandon and writ and pull a new one. They refresh every day.
  • Bloodgharm
    Bloodgharm
    ✭✭✭
    CGPsaint wrote: »

What pact/system/region are you in, and where are you searching for recipes?

I'm on Xbox/EP/Cadwell's Gold (Auridon). I'm honestly searching everywhere for them. At any guild kiosks I come across and any containers I find. I have 1 decent rank 2 recipe and all I find at guild traders are rank 3 and up with the occasional rank 1 recipe.
  • Drax76
    Drax76
    ✭✭✭
    The guild traders in Craglorn and Elden Root typically have a large supply of recipes.
    PS4 - NA - AD
    v16 Khajiit NB Tank
    40 Breton Templar Healer/Tank
  • Tarukmockto
    Tarukmockto
    ✭✭✭
    I'm on Xbox/EP/Cadwell's Gold (Auridon). I'm honestly searching everywhere for them. At any guild kiosks I come across and any containers I find. I have 1 decent rank 2 recipe and all I find at guild traders are rank 3 and up with the occasional rank 1 recipe.
    As a Cadwell's Gold level character, you should have access to lots of areas for Guild Kiosks.
    There are 7 in each of the capital cities of each Faction (thats the main city in the second zone)
    There are 5 in each of the main cities of the other 4 zones for each faction.
    In addition there are lots of singles scattered about all the zones (like the one by the Wyrd Tree waypoint in Glenumbra)
    The starter cities in AD and EP don't have the requisite 5, they are in another big city in the same zone. (ie: Davons Watch in Stonefalls & Skywatch in Auridon)

NA - DC - DK - PC