Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

why does zos close threads?

Black_Canary15
all I did was ask if anyone reads the vampire/werewolf bite thread and they closed mine. I wasn't asking for it but yet it got closed anyways. Do they not read the discussion before closing? just stupid
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I remember that one. True, your original post was asking if they read it, but people turned it into a "I will bite you" (kinky) thread, so I guess they saw it as a wanting a bite thread.
    They usually give reasons upon closing them, though. Can't say I've ever seen them close or even move a thread without giving an explanation.
  • Black_Canary15
    they told me to post my question in that thread but I don't see anybody ever comment that they can give a vampire bite or whatever. should have gave me a better explanation than what I received. it's whatever though. think i'll just limit my forum posts now.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suspect that the OP will discover one reason for closing threads a little later today... :neutral:

The first rule of thread moderation is that you never discuss thread moderation.
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Surragard
    Surragard
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm counting the seconds until someone posts the "One Does Not Simply Close a Thread" meme here. Seriously though to the OP, you really shouldn't take it personally. They're just trying to do a job.
    I don't always drink Skooma, but when I do I go to the Southwall Corner Club. May you walk on warm sands my friends.
  • Bogdan_Kobzar
    Bogdan_Kobzar
    ✭✭✭

Everything is working as intended, nothing more to read here, move along...

"Being honorable might make you a good man, but it doesn't make you right. Be a better world if it did."
    Be mindful of Community Rules
  • ZOS_Alex
    ZOS_Alex
    ✭✭✭
    Hello, everyone.

This thread has also been closed now, and we wanted to explain why. We do understand that players will sometimes disagree with an action taken by our moderation team, whether it is a closed thread or a deleted post. That said, we do ask that any concerns are brought up with us directly.

If you ever have questions or concerns about a disciplinary action or decision we have made on the ESOTU forums, we ask that you please contact http://help.elderscrollsonline.com/ to do so (please specify that you are contacting about a forum-related inquiry or appeal). We are happy to discuss and review specific moderation-related actions with you.

Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Moderation Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.