Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Shadow of Sancre Tor Bone Army Impossible

SupertoastGT
Does Zenimax assume we are all tanks that can handle taking hits from an infinite skeletal army and a bone colossus elite? Why on earth would they have us solo that? I'm a stamina/bow nightblade, not a freaking tank. XD

I'm sure I'm supposed to focus on the colossus and the army would despawn but the army can do rediculous damage. I can drop normal enemies even 10 levels higher than me in 2-3 shots and I fullfill my dps role very well, but the enemy numbers and damage are FAR beyond overwhealming. The AI croak right away so they're no help at all. Is there some miracle magic trick here? With this damned level scaling system I see no way to complete the story. Even as a warewolf it's over pretty quickly. And it HAS to be solo in an MMO. XD At least the last side quest fighting three elites at once I could hire a vet for help. XD

Any miracle cures for this situation would be hugely appriciated. Not being able to complete the story means missing out on valuable skill points and XP.

Thanks in advance. :D
  • SupertoastGT
    Also my character is trapped in the room. Was going to abandon it and leave but I can't open the door or travel. Stuck in an impossible room. Can't repair or anything. The "Get unstuck" feature took my gold and put me right back where I was. Awesome. So glad I spent money on this game.
  • BaconMagic
    BaconMagic
    ✭✭✭
    I did this with my DW/Bow nightblade with no issue. Use reapers mark on the mobs, grim focus, snipe, bombard, swap, sap essence, steel tornado and rapid strikes. Pop soul tether when in trouble. It's not too bad. Keep your buffs up and use food and potions for extra resources.
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    it really isn't too hard. My advice is to use Lyris and Sai as meatshields. Concentrate on the collosus and keep moving aqnd kiting. Never had real issues with this on any toon.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • Surragard
    Surragard
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would actually take out the summoners or whatever they're called first as they spawn new enemies. I'm not positive but I think enemies continue to spawn until the colossus is killed. Even as a tank I had to drop the standard ultimate a few times for the healing. I do agree the AI is worthless. Tharn occasionally shoots a fireball but rarely heals you. Titanborn and Sai don't generate any threat so often enemies will ignore them and hit you instead. I can see it being tough if you're squishy.
    I don't always drink Skooma, but when I do I go to the Southwall Corner Club. May you walk on warm sands my friends.
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got through that (also an NB) by going into shadow and allowing the mobs to attack the group while I focused on the colossus. Took a few minutes (typical for NB), but it went down.

Boost magicka and health from food/drink, if you can. It'll really help because of the swarm.
  • Yggdrasil_Gof
    Yggdrasil_Gof
    ✭✭✭
    I did what Violynne said plus if your able to siphon health this will help. Keep swapping between your bow skill and magic skills so the so the magic/stamina bar can recharge whist using the other set of skills. Also remember when you use dark cloak you health will regenerate a little. Also sheath your weapon when in cloak, all you bars recharge quicker. Hopefully you've already sorted this by now, if so hopefully it will help others with a similar problem, as It's a good NB tactic if you have these skills.
    Edited by Yggdrasil_Gof on September 14, 2015 9:18PM
  • Hyssia
    Hyssia
    ✭✭✭
    Also my character is trapped in the room. Was going to abandon it and leave but I can't open the door or travel. Stuck in an impossible room. Can't repair or anything. The "Get unstuck" feature took my gold and put me right back where I was. Awesome. So glad I spent money on this game.

Try travelling to another player. You can travel to a guildie through the guild tab (at least if you're on PC), as long as they're in same faction as you (and not in PvP or group dungeons).
  • Gorilla
    Gorilla
    ✭✭✭
    I found it easy with resto and siphon for obvious reasons. With your build I would stock up with pots and blue food.
  • Sixsixsix161
    Sixsixsix161
    ✭✭✭
    Ranique wrote: »
    it really isn't too hard. My advice is to use Lyris and Sai as meatshields. Concentrate on the collosus and keep moving aqnd kiting. Never had real issues with this on any toon.

This. I learned to kite in WoW and thought I was pretty good at it. But kiting in this game, depending on your character, is taking me to a whole new level. I've learned to kite like I have in no game before. Also, I teamed up with a bow player yesterday and he was awesome. Even so, there were times when an enemy (or 2-3) would get past our offensive spells/skills (we were doing the lost village quest, most enemy groups consisted of 6-7 NPCs), and then he switched to dual wield. And that skill was even better than his bow skills. I hope you have a melee skill to get you out of trouble, because I don't think a bow skill alone will do it.

Good luck.