Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

In-game icons, display information and ability bar won't appear

Padriac85
Padriac85
Soul Shriven
Hi all,
I've searched all over the net and two different forums including this one, to no avail.
Also, I did try shutting down the game completely, three times, without success.

I hadn't logged into the game in nearly a month. Now, my display information (e.g. Character name, top left corner, or the ability bar, at the bottom), won't show up.
The bar seems to appear temporarily, for the duration of a battle, otherwise, it disappears straight afterward.
For no reason. I last logged out with everything on-screen, without any problems.

I even tried loading the in-game support, and the only thing that loads is a black window with "knowledge base" at the top and nothing else.

I wondered if anyone has experienced the same issue?
Any and all help is much appreciated.

I am currently running the game on a MAC + OS Yosemite
Edited by Padriac85 on October 16, 2015 9:55PM
  • PhxOldGamer68
    PhxOldGamer68
    ✭✭✭✭
    At least on PS4, there's a setting to either make the skills and attributes to be ON, OFF or Auto. Auto is the default and shows up when your cursor is pointing at other players or NPCs as you are experiencing. I changed mine to ON so it's always showing.

My player name doesn't show on the top left unless I'm in a group.
    PSN NA/EU: DesertDweller99
    PC NA: KaktusKing
  • Padriac85
    Padriac85
    Soul Shriven
    At least on PS4, there's a setting to either make the skills and attributes to be ON, OFF or Auto. Auto is the default and shows up when your cursor is pointing at other players or NPCs as you are experiencing. I changed mine to ON so it's always showing.

My player name doesn't show on the top left unless I'm in a group.

Hi. Thank you! I'm going to try this right now... I just want to play as normal. Don't understand why everything stuffed up, all of a sudden...
    It's bad enough that the "left click" simulation on the Mac's magic mouse stopped working, after that big update, mid-year.
    It worked fine when I first logged into the game, (on beta and release), yet it wouldn't work the second character I created.

Edit: Tue 20/10

Hi again - just wanted to thank DesertDweller99 - I managed to get the battle skills bar up, which I prefer, so I can see if the magicka has replenished in full.
    Many thanks for your advice, stranger. :smiley:
    Edited by Padriac85 on October 19, 2015 9:43PM