Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

unsure of what to do

firby1
firby1
Soul Shriven
Hey im unsure on whether i should go vampire/werewolf or just stay normal.
Im playing a dark elf, dragonkinght, dual wield and destruction staff as back up. Currently lvl 42.
Any input on what would be best (like pros and cons) or if i should not worry about changing is appreciated.
Also i know there are multiple posts about vamp and ww but i am looking for anything about my character specifically.
Thanks.

Anyone who wants to feel free to add me on xbox one. Gt: firby1
  • TheHereticMonk
    In brief, without a doubt you should go vamp (or nothing). Your racial passives counter the fire vulnerability and the vamp passives work nicely with a DK Magicka < Health build.
    Vamp is great in PvP but weak to fighter's guild skills in PvE.
    IMO combine with Apprentice Mundus and 5 Piece seducer + 3/4 Magnus to round out a solid DPS sorcerer.
    Never Knows Best!
    GT: TheHereticMonk
    Xbox EU AD DPS/Healer Sorcerer
    Guild Master: Charitable Crafting Co-op <- Everything crafted for FREE!
  • Usara
    Usara
    ✭✭✭✭
    As usual, depends what you want to do in the game.
    Pve ? Pvp ? Solo ? Just having fun ?

For PvP, I won't say anything, since I don't really know how things are nowadays for DKs.

In PvE though I can help.
    And I can say in PvE HL, neither Vamp nor WW. Both are useless.

Unless, you want to just have fun, see how it works, want the dyes/achievements... (and to be honest, I always felt like vampirism really helps while leveling) In this case, just try :) You can always cure it later if you don't like it/don't use it anymore.

Just an advice : don't pay for it, it's not worth it. Ask a nice guildmate (or even here on the forum, I think there is a thread for "free bites") or wait to meet the required NPCs and get your own bite.
    Edited by Usara on October 17, 2015 1:56AM
    What? Lead? Me? No, no, no. No leading. Bad things happen when I lead. We get lost, people die, and the next thing you know I’m stranded somewhere without any pants.

Usara v531 - Usara2 v322 - Escouade Sauvage - PC - EU - EP

Usara Den Thasnet - Retainer of House Hlaalu (Dunmer Templar, heal)
    Livia Augustus - Deserter of the Imperial 7th Legion (Imperial DK, tank)
    Aspen Vael - Battlemage of King Casimir III (Breton Sorcerer, tank/dd magicka)
    Caris Vael - Missing Student of the Mage Guild of Shornhelm (Breton NB, dd magicka, vampire)
    Eugene Fitzherbert - Wanted con artist hiding in Wayrest (Imperial Templar, tank/dd magicka)

Chante-avec-les-escargots - House Hlaalu snail breeder (Argonian NB, tank)
    Ryl Serandas - Mournhold Ordinator (Dunmer DK, dd magicka)
    Dar'Aiean - House Hlaalu Smuggler (Khajiit NB, dd stamina)
    Ferinwe - Alteration Instructor of the Mage Guild of Ebonheart (Altmer Sorcerer, dd magicka, retired)
    Torafhilde Frostdottir - Winterhold Cryomancer (Nord Sorcerer, dd magicka)
    Senecar - Daedra hunter, former Thalmor corps (Altmer Templar, dd magicka)
    Ondres Hlaalu - House Hlaalu Skooma Trader (Dunmer NB, dd magicka)
  • TheHereticMonk
    Sorry, this:
    Vamp is great in PvP but weak to fighter's guild skills in PvE.

should have read:

"Vamp is great fun in PvE but weak to fighter's guild skills in PvP."

My bad.
    Never Knows Best!
    GT: TheHereticMonk
    Xbox EU AD DPS/Healer Sorcerer
    Guild Master: Charitable Crafting Co-op <- Everything crafted for FREE!
  • firby1
    firby1
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks for the replies.
    I was leaning towards vamp because of the resistance to fire dark elves get. I have only had the game for 30 days and havnt yet tried PvP or PvE. Ill have a look around for the vampires that give it in game and maybe post in the thread here.
  • Artemisshrikes
    Artemisshrikes
    ✭✭✭
    firby1 wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies.
    I was leaning towards vamp because of the resistance to fire dark elves get. I have only had the game for 30 days and havnt yet tried PvP or PvE. Ill have a look around for the vampires that give it in game and maybe post in the thread here.

if you face a Templar your dead before you hit the ground
    VR 16 Dragonknight Sarenvog (AD, Former Emperor)
  • Drax76
    Drax76
    ✭✭✭
    firby1 wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies.
    I have only had the game for 30 days and havnt yet tried PvP or PvE.

PvE means Player vs Environment and is the game content which you have been playing for the last month.

PvP means Player vs Player this is the Cyrodiil content. There are also some PvE aspects withing the PvP area.
    PS4 - NA - AD
    v16 Khajiit NB Tank
    40 Breton Templar Healer/Tank
  • firby1
    firby1
    Soul Shriven
    Oh right i assumed it was a player vs everyone type thing with no alliances or guilds