Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Where to buy VR1 glyphs

SirMorg
SirMorg
I have just reached Veteran Rank and am building a new set of armour. I have used all the glyph materials I have but still need to make a few more. I would usually buy some cheap white glyphs in the enchanter shop, break them down, then make blue or purple ones. I am in Coldharbour but the shop only does up to level 50 glyphs.

So where, save for guild stores, can I buy white VR1 glyphs to deconstruct? Is there anywhere post completion of the main quest or in Cyrodiil?

Many thanks
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ask friends for high level Vr Glyphs, Vr14 glyphs would help a lot.

If you are in guilds, ask if you can decon glyphs in the banks, or ask in zones for anyone selling glyphs.

Or alternatively just buy them from stores, they are very cheap.
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• Alexa.Darkstar
    Yes, once you complete the Main Story quest line (the harborage) you will begin Cadwell's Silver which will open up all the VR PVE content in the game. You'll be able to buy VR Glyphs from any Enchanter in the corresponding level zone. You'll still have to turn in your Writs in Coldharbour.
    Edited by Alexa.Darkstar on October 16, 2015 5:44PM
    Glarawen | Bosmer | Archer/Healer | Werewolf | Aldmeri Dominion | VR3
    "There is something magical about losing yourself in a world that doesn't exist"
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, once you complete the Main Story quest line (the harborage) you will begin Cadwell's Silver which will open up all the VR PVE content in the game. You'll be able to buy VR Glyphs from any Enchanter in the corresponding level zone. You'll still have to turn in your Writs in Coldharbour.

This too...

And if you max Enchanting, all max level writs can be handed in to Crag, which is very handy iMO.
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirMorg wrote: »
    So where, save for guild stores, can I buy white VR1 glyphs to deconstruct? Is there anywhere post completion of the main quest or in Cyrodiil?

Many thanks

To get VR1 Glyphs from an NPC merchant you need to be in the Caldwell's Silver zones, first zone or starter area would suffice. This is a pain about getting to VR ranks before finishing the MQ, no access to VR gear from game vendors.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• SirMorg
    SirMorg
    Thanks to all who replied. Found the enchanter in Cyrodiil sells them so able to sort my new gear!