Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Noob question....do skill trees increase above level 50?

Chieve
Chieve
✭✭✭
My friend just got his bow skill to level 50, and isnt sure if thats it with his bowing skill or if he should spend his skill points on something else?
Please vote in the console text chat thread so ZoS can see how many people want text chat

...and dueling in the dueling thread but personally I want text chat first...
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    50 is max, that means all the skills and passives should be unlocked now, and you can max it out completely. (Spend skill points in all sections of bow if you wanted)
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to note, for crafting while 50 is the cap, 40 is where all skills cap out so raising the skill cap from 41-50 achieves nothing beyond making you feel good about getting 50 across the board. ;)
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Different skill trees have different maximums, but for the vast majority of them (including all of the weapon, armour, craft, and class skill lines) the maximum level is 50. Guild skill trees and world skill trees have lower maximums.
    KerinKor wrote: »
    Just to note, for crafting while 50 is the cap, 40 is where all skills cap out so raising the skill cap from 41-50 achieves nothing beyond making you feel good about getting 50 across the board. ;)
    That's no longer true. The higher level crafting mats introduced with Imperial City require higher levels than 40 to use (I think they require level 45 to buy the passive you need, but I'm not 100% sure on that - it's definitely higher than 40 though).
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Level 50 doesn't mean you've maxxed the individual skills, so there may be room to grow there. Some of the morphs are pretty awesome.

If you have one weapon maxed out, you can choose to go ahead and start training other weapons. Even if you don't spend the skill points -- or do and reset them afterwards when you move to another weapon -- it gives you flexibility to change your playstyle right away if you want to, without trying to level up a weapon when you are facing much tougher enemies.