Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Alchemy Farming

EgonSpenglarPhD
Hey all. So I am looking to farm Columbine and Namira's Rot. I have searched for these quite a bit and can never find too many in any certain area. Where are some good places to farm these items? I know you can find them in guild stores rather easily, but farming is what I do! Thanks in advance for any help!
  • Kwivur
    Kwivur
    ✭✭✭✭
    I seem to find more of the two in Graghtwood for some reason. I can't say why I find more there, but I tend to get around 50-60% more there than I do farming them anywhere else. Try spending an hour there and an hour somewhere else looking for them and see if you get around the same results.
  • EgonSpenglarPhD
    Kwivur wrote: »
    I seem to find more of the two in Graghtwood for some reason. I can't say why I find more there, but I tend to get around 50-60% more there than I do farming them anywhere else. Try spending an hour there and an hour somewhere else looking for them and see if you get around the same results.

I'll check it out. It was not since very early in the game that I visited Grahtwood.

• Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been spending almost all of my time in Alik'r (Cadwells gold) and there has been a lot of Columbine there. More than any other area I have been to yet.

Namira's Rot is not something I see a lot of period. I have accumulated a little over 200 of them lifetime.

The one I see all the time in dark swampy type areas are Luminous Russula. I see this node constantly.

If I come across Namira's Rot in spades I will let you know where I see it.
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
  • EgonSpenglarPhD
    Defilted wrote: »
    I have been spending almost all of my time in Alik'r (Cadwells gold) and there has been a lot of Columbine there. More than any other area I have been to yet.

Namira's Rot is not something I see a lot of period. I have accumulated a little over 200 of them lifetime.

The one I see all the time in dark swampy type areas are Luminous Russula. I see this node constantly.

If I come across Namira's Rot in spades I will let you know where I see it.

Very good. I'll run to Alik'r and check it out.

• Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Coldharbour - the route is in town, just ride a circle through town..
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

• CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I find plenty of Namira's Rot in Reapers March. Tends to pop up near rocks/water.
    "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
  • EgonSpenglarPhD
    I have tried the Cold Harbour idea. Really did not find either Columbine nor Namira's Rot. Lots of other alchemy items though.....

I'll take a look in Reaper's March for some Namira's Rot, thanks CGP!
  • myrrrorb14_ESO
    myrrrorb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Found quite a few in the Rift. I just farm my mats for writs there and bee-line when I see it. Think it was 3 or 4 nodes per circuit. Not a lot, but good enough to keep me supplied.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Namira's Rot is one of the rare spawns. It pops up where any Mushroom Node would. But I find the other shrooms with more regularity. So, it might be advantageous to find a farm route that has mostly mushrooms, and pick each one you find. Then repeat the route after spawn timers reset the nodes and see if any Rot shows up.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• EgonSpenglarPhD
    Nestor wrote: »
    Namira's Rot is one of the rare spawns. It pops up where any Mushroom Node would. But I find the other shrooms with more regularity. So, it might be advantageous to find a farm route that has mostly mushrooms, and pick each one you find. Then repeat the route after spawn timers reset the nodes and see if any Rot shows up.

Fair enough, I'll take a look in swampy areas.

The worst part about these two items is that I saw plenty during the regular game but never bothered with any alchemy :(

Thanks for all the help so far guys! If anyone has more info, I'll still be out here searching.

• Master_Fluff
    Master_Fluff
    ✭✭✭✭
    As mentioned, Alik'r (Cadwells gold for Dominion preferred, fewer players around to compete with) is a very good spot to get columbine. Namiras rot does show up occasionaly but not as often. I let my master crafter do one gathering trip in a certain area every morning and he has found around 100 columbine the last three weeks. The plentiful harvest champion point passive probably plays some part in that.
    Halcyon Black
  • EgonSpenglarPhD
    As mentioned, Alik'r (Cadwells gold for Dominion preferred, fewer players around to compete with) is a very good spot to get columbine. Namiras rot does show up occasionaly but not as often. I let my master crafter do one gathering trip in a certain area every morning and he has found around 100 columbine the last three weeks. The plentiful harvest champion point passive probably plays some part in that.

I have that passive as well, awesome tip! Sounds like you've been doing very well with it. It worked decently well for me, but not as much as you speak of.

Found a few Namira's Rot in Reaper's March, searched most of the watery areas, not as much asI had hoped for.

I love to grind, and its a good thing if I want to have a solid inventory of these items. Thanks for all the help everyone! If you do find a money spot for these two items, holler at me.

• jebuspowers
    jebuspowers
    ✭✭✭
    Namiras rot tens to grow exclusively by trees and while it is in shade. Rarely is it near a rock. I have seen it most often in green shade and malabal tor. Columbine spawns in grassy areas and by itself, as in not near rocks or trees. Columbine can be found in many zones but is prominent in Hollow city, coldharbour and north craglorn. Make sure you do the alchemy writs and the surveys because you typically get 8 or so Columbine per survey. The writ rewards will occasionally give you namiras rot.
  • Kwivur
    Kwivur
    ✭✭✭✭
    Last night went on an alchemy run in Coldharbour, Green Shade, GraghtWood and Glenumbra. I found 53 columbine and 47 rot. I found more Columbine in coldharbour and more Rot in Green Shade.
  • EgonSpenglarPhD
    Kwivur wrote: »
    Last night went on an alchemy run in Coldharbour, Green Shade, GraghtWood and Glenumbra. I found 53 columbine and 47 rot. I found more Columbine in coldharbour and more Rot in Green Shade.

Wow, thats awesome. I'll have to make a similar run.

• Scyantific
    Scyantific
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do writs as well. Alchemy surveys usually give 2 or 3 Columbine spawns.
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have tried the Cold Harbour idea. Really did not find either Columbine nor Namira's Rot. Lots of other alchemy items though.....

I'll take a look in Reaper's March for some Namira's Rot, thanks CGP!

You won't find Namira's Rot. But you will find loads of columbine. If you did not, you have not honed your competitive flower picking skill.

Flower picking in Hollow City is the most competitive activity in the game.
  • Bhakura
    Bhakura
    ✭✭✭✭
    Any starting island area is good for farming, land size is small which means there is alot close by. Bal foyen gives a good columbine harvest not to mention you can pick up alot of chests while running around.
  • EgonSpenglarPhD
    I've had a lot of luck finding Columbine using most of the tips. However, I went on a two-three hour run last night and did not find one single Namira's Rot in Glenumbra, Grahtwood, Greenshade, nor Reaper's March. Ugh!

Also, I know a couple of you mentioned "rare spawns" of some of these alchemy items. Which ones specifically are the most rare? I may start collecting them as well for guild store sales.
  • Drax76
    Drax76
    ✭✭✭
    I've been helping some guild-mates with the Delves in Cyrodiil, and all of them have very fast respawn rates on material nodes inside. Many of the nodes almost exclusively spawn mushrooms of all types, so much so that I've come home with hauls of 20-30 Namira's Rot for 2-3 hours of play time.

Bloodmayne Cave (AD), Lipsand Tarn (DC), or Kingscrest Cavern (EP) can be handled by a duo fairly easily with little PvP worries if your Alliance controls that particular Campaign.
    PS4 - NA - AD
    v16 Khajiit NB Tank
    40 Breton Templar Healer/Tank
  • EgonSpenglarPhD
    Drax76 wrote: »
    I've been helping some guild-mates with the Delves in Cyrodiil, and all of them have very fast respawn rates on material nodes inside. Many of the nodes almost exclusively spawn mushrooms of all types, so much so that I've come home with hauls of 20-30 Namira's Rot for 2-3 hours of play time.

Bloodmayne Cave (AD), Lipsand Tarn (DC), or Kingscrest Cavern (EP) can be handled by a duo fairly easily with little PvP worries if your Alliance controls that particular Campaign.

I really have not played too much PvP, really just have not found a group yet, I'm kind of a lone wolf. This is my first Elder Scrolls game, really just a big time Fallout guy so the whole PvP thing is new to me. I have completed the game, so eventually I'll be PvPing. When I do, I'll have to check those out.

Thanks for the tip!