Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Absurd load times

Shadywack
Shadywack
✭✭
This isn't the launcher I'm talking about, I'm talking about anytime I see the loading screen. I see it for waaaaay too long.

I have a gigabit connection and I'm only bouncing off a 20ms ping, I have an ssd connected using the new m.2 interface. This should be loading close to as fast as an snes cartridge, but it takes just as long to load as a person with a 7200rpm platter based hd and only 8gb of RAM on a normal 30mbps connection.

I go through extraneous effort and I burn a lot of cash to make a gaming rig that cuts down on load times as though I were fighting the war on terror. Loading screens are inherently offensive to my person and I really don't care how much it costs, I will fight them with everything I have down to my eye teeth, I want loading screens to vanish in about the time my eyes take to blink.

This is how it works in Skyrim, if I blink, I can miss the loading screen entirely.

In this game I sometimes see it for a full minute to minute and a half. This is absolutely insane and I cannot fathom how inefficient the codebase must be in order for this to occur on a system like mine. Every other online game gets to that datacenter and back really fast, so when loading a zone I get a very similar loading screen experience, in that they're usually nonexistent.

So, I'm here telling ZOS, that it's an important issue to me. However I was also in the beta, and I know that many many many many many many many bugs and issues were logged prior to launch and all the beta feedback went right into a trash can. This will at least be there for posterity's sake so the trolls can jump all over it and the buttkissers can denigrate me for ever even suggesting that the fluffy peachy cuteness and wonderful bed of roses that is ESO could ever have a thorn of any kind in it. So, yeah, great.

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Inappropriate Content and Language]
Edited by Psiion on July 22, 2022 11:26PM
  • Morvul
    Morvul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    since the 1.46 or 1.45 patch I also experience much, much longer loading times then usuall. This is especially apparent in Cyrodiil, were every use of a tranistus shrine of forward camp results in 2 minutes of starring at a loading screen.

I found that deleting the file "ZO_Ingame.lua" from the "SavedVariables" folder reduces the loading screen problems - giving me ~30 second load screens for the next hour or so. But then loading screen times start creeping upwards again
  • coplannb16_ESO
    coplannb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    See my post in a related thread: forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/comment/1343060/#Comment_1343060

Might or might not help, but anyway. :)
    max level: mDK, stamBlade, stamSorc, magPlar, mDen, stamDen, magBlade, stamCro
    ESO+
    # of mules: 4 (FULL)
    maxed bank: FULL -_-
    Stop the grind! Get rid of stupid events and daily-quest gallore. Get rid of "have a chance of 1 in a million to get a piece of 1 in 30 to get a stupid motif or pet... wtf..."
    And at this point just remove all classes and have everyone choose their set of skills. then balance accordingly to skills always used vs. skills never used.
  • KhajitFurTrader
    KhajitFurTrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
  • Morvul
    Morvul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nope not on a Wifi, nor using the esoheads plugin.
    In fact, my entire "savedvariables" folder is just 580 kb big...
  • pecheckler
    pecheckler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just resubscribed an hour ago and am noticing 3 to 4 minute loading screens, on every loading screen. turning off all addons made no difference.

I used to load in less than 20 seconds back in June...
    End the tedious inventory management game.
  • Shadywack
    Shadywack
    ✭✭
    32GB of RAM, dual overclocked GTX 780's (watercooled) in SLI, a 4770k overclocked to 4.5GHz watercooled, gigabit INTERNET access, as in WAN, as in my speedtests max out the speedtesting servers whether I pick them in LA or NY. If someone can find a deficiency in the hardware or connection I'd love to see it. Every single other game I play, online or offline, has a loading speed comparable to that of the fastest loading SNES games. In Skyrim I get no hints at all because I never see the loading screen. In WoW, Firefall, GW2, and L4D2 all I wait on are servers, and I don't wait very long.

When I see a 90 second load time I'm upset. I wage war on lag like Attila, Patton, Genghis Khan, Napoleon, and Alexander the Great all rolled into one. I have money and I spend it on a relentless full scale war against lag and loading times. I have waged so fierce a campaign against lag that if Iraq and Afghanistan were like lag those places would be glistening beacons of shining prosperity with me as the supreme commander.

I have money and skills but absolutely NO TOLERANCE WHATSOEVER for lag, and I realize that in this mighty campaign against lag that my mighty opponent has the opposite end of my connection on his side. In ESO, lag is sneering at me, mocking me, LAUGHING FURIOUSLY at my failure and agonizing lamentations. In ESO lag crushes me, sees me driven before it, and hears the lamentations of my women.

To see every other thing I connect to perform orders of magnitude better than ESO disgusts me. It makes me lose all faith in ZOS and write this game off. Believe me that I'm at the point where if I could give away my remaining sub time to someone else I would. I'm not willing to give away my account, however. The people responsible for this situation are sorry souls not given the resources to do what they need to do. The lag is a ridiculously huge failing of ESO and I am pretty much done with the game chiefly over this lone issue, though it's worth mentioning that it is not the only issue. ZOS you burned up my faith in you and I will not be coming back.

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Rude and Insulting Comments]
    Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on November 12, 2014 1:21PM
  • Shadywack
    Shadywack
    ✭✭
    pecheckler wrote: »
    I just resubscribed an hour ago and am noticing 3 to 4 minute loading screens, on every loading screen. turning off all addons made no difference.

I used to load in less than 20 seconds back in June...

20 seconds is obscene to me and I'd feel justified in being angry over 20 seconds. The client has all the data it needs, the server should be up to snuff that it loads client positioning/inventory data rather quickly. This game, at its worst, should take half that time to load on my hardware.
    Edited by Shadywack on November 12, 2014 3:02AM
  • Goldie
    Goldie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try this, it has helped thousands of players and is worth a look!

youtu.be/iOqRVTXbq2M?list=UUBx-DlU8uaOm8Q90iwY9pKA
    Edited by Goldie on November 14, 2014 9:30PM
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves" - M'aiq the Liar
  • BmcD73
    BmcD73
    ✭✭✭
    Shadywack wrote: »
    32GB of RAM, dual overclocked GTX 780's (watercooled) in SLI, a 4770k overclocked to 4.5GHz watercooled, gigabit INTERNET access, as in WAN, as in my speedtests max out the speedtesting servers whether I pick them in LA or NY. If someone can find a deficiency in the hardware or connection I'd love to see it. Every single other game I play, online or offline, has a loading speed comparable to that of the fastest loading SNES games. In Skyrim I get no hints at all because I never see the loading screen. In WoW, Firefall, GW2, and L4D2 all I wait on are servers, and I don't wait very long.

When I see a 90 second load time I'm upset. I wage war on lag like Attila, Patton, Genghis Khan, Napoleon, and Alexander the Great all rolled into one. I have money and I spend it on a relentless full scale war against lag and loading times. I have waged so fierce a campaign against lag that if Iraq and Afghanistan were like lag those places would be glistening beacons of shining prosperity with me as the supreme commander.

I have money and skills but absolutely NO TOLERANCE WHATSOEVER for lag, and I realize that in this mighty campaign against lag that my mighty opponent has the opposite end of my connection on his side. In ESO, lag is sneering at me, mocking me, LAUGHING FURIOUSLY at my failure and agonizing lamentations. In ESO lag crushes me, sees me driven before it, and hears the lamentations of my women.

To see every other thing I connect to perform orders of magnitude better than ESO disgusts me. It makes me lose all faith in ZOS and write this game off. Believe me that I'm at the point where if I could give away my remaining sub time to someone else I would. I'm not willing to give away my account, however. The people responsible for this situation are sorry souls not given the resources to do what they need to do. The lag is a ridiculously huge failing of ESO and I am pretty much done with the game chiefly over this lone issue, though it's worth mentioning that it is not the only issue. ZOS you burned up my faith in you and I will not be coming back.

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Rude and Insulting Comments]

I just came across this post. I have crazy long load times and a fast system as well. I just have to say, I laughed out loud with how you described your disdain for load times. I feel the say way and could totally relate. As a side note, I am currently trying out the "fix" in the video but that didn't seem to make much of a difference. It still seems like the load screens are excessive.
  • Psiion
    Psiion
    ✭✭✭✭
    Greetings,

Due to the age of this thread and the fact it contains information that is over 6 years old now, we have gone ahead and closed it down. In most cases, it is better to create a new thread for discussion rather than revive an old thread that may contain outdated information.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.