Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Re-enchanting dropped gear

mgharris
mgharris
Remind me if it is possible to re-enchant a dropped piece of gear with your own created enchantment. I have a willpower set that gives Max Magic on the enchantment line and I would like to change it to Spell Damage with my own crafted enchantment. Possible?
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, it is.

(for jewelry only, since spell damage enchants are only applicable to jewelry).
    Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on October 9, 2015 4:56PM
  • ThePonzzz
    ThePonzzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long as it doesn't say otherwise.
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It will not be possible as MAX magicka is only on armour and Spell damage is only on Jewelry,

You can only enchant armour with Max Magicks, Stamina or Health,
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

• Alexa.Darkstar
    Yes, you can re-enchant items.

No, you can't use whatever you want. Some Glyphs can only be applied to Armor (silver), some are specific for Weapons (red/copper) and some for Jewelry (gold).

I believe the Spell Damage Glyph can only be applied to Jewelry.
    Glarawen | Bosmer | Archer/Healer | Werewolf | Aldmeri Dominion | VR3
    "There is something magical about losing yourself in a world that doesn't exist"
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, you can't use whatever you want. Some Glyphs can only be applied to Armor (silver), some are specific for Weapons (red/copper) and some for Jewelry (gold).

Sorry but you're mistaken here. The possibility to apply an enchant to either armor, jewelry or weapons has nothing to do with the "color" (quality) of the glyph. It just depends on the type of glyph/effect.

• Alexa.Darkstar

Sorry but you're mistaken here. The possibility to apply an enchant to either armor, jewelry or weapons has nothing to do with the "color" (quality) of the glyph. It just depends on the type of glyph/effect.

I didn't mean the quality of the Glyph as in, what Aspect rune was used (white, green, blue, purple, yellow). I meant that Glyphs for Weapons, Armor and Jewelry are easily identified by their icon:
    Armor: uwUIkJE.png
    Weapon: WamGeC2.png
    Jewelry: 8K2Km0I.png
    Glarawen | Bosmer | Archer/Healer | Werewolf | Aldmeri Dominion | VR3
    "There is something magical about losing yourself in a world that doesn't exist"