Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How do you trade?

bhagwad
bhagwad
✭✭✭✭
I want to use training gear, but have exactly 0 emeralds to craft the pieces. So I decided to ask in zone chat (/zone) if anyone had emeralds to sell. Been doing this for a while now and no one has responded so far. Is this how you guys ask for WTB or WTS requests as well?

Is there any 3rd party website that allows people to put their stuff up for trade? Is there any "best" zone/city/region for trading requests? How would you go about getting emerald trait stones if you were in my position via trading?
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guild stores. Join a guild (or 5) that has a guild trader kiosk and start selling your stuff.

To buy, go to the guild traders that are all over Tamriel and buy stuff from other players.
    :smile:
  • Ice_Eye
    Ice_Eye
    ✭✭
    First of all, I play on PC so all of this knowledge comes only from playing on PC, though many things may be similar.

In game, there are two main ways to trading, through zone chat and through guild stores.
    For zone chat, the best trading places are the zones where most people are. These are zones like Grahtwood, Stormhaven, Mournhold (have the pledge pickups and contain the alliance captial cities) and then Craglorn and most important Reaper's March and the city of Rawl'kha. Rawl'kha is unique in the fact that everything is clustered all about and so a large number of people will be found in this city at all times. For zone, just say WTB or WTS or whatever and people might answer and want to trade etc. Of course in less populated zones such a chance is less likely and it always depends on the item. (At end game, emeralds are pretty much worthless, I decon them when I get them since I always have a stack of 200 in bank).

The guild stores are spread all about where guilds can hire the traders and then people in the guild put items up to sell. However, not every zone is equal. There are a few trading hubs where the most expensive traders are (similar to the zones listed above) with Rawl'kha again being the one where the biggest trading guilds do their business (tens millions of sales weekly with millions spent to get the trader each week).

If I was in your situation I would just go to one of the most populated zones for your faction, and try to ask around in zone chat. However for the future, joining a trading guild or a couple more is a good idea if you want do to a lot of selling and just trading in general, but keep in mind in the biggest trading guilds there are requirements etc.

May the moons watch over you all.
  • bhagwad
    bhagwad
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ice_Eye wrote: »
    First of all, I play on PC so all of this knowledge comes only from playing on PC, though many things may be similar.

In game, there are two main ways to trading, through zone chat and through guild stores.
    For zone chat, the best trading places are the zones where most people are. These are zones like Grahtwood, Stormhaven, Mournhold (have the pledge pickups and contain the alliance captial cities) and then Craglorn and most important Reaper's March and the city of Rawl'kha. Rawl'kha is unique in the fact that everything is clustered all about and so a large number of people will be found in this city at all times. For zone, just say WTB or WTS or whatever and people might answer and want to trade etc. Of course in less populated zones such a chance is less likely and it always depends on the item. (At end game, emeralds are pretty much worthless, I decon them when I get them since I always have a stack of 200 in bank).

The guild stores are spread all about where guilds can hire the traders and then people in the guild put items up to sell. However, not every zone is equal. There are a few trading hubs where the most expensive traders are (similar to the zones listed above) with Rawl'kha again being the one where the biggest trading guilds do their business (tens millions of sales weekly with millions spent to get the trader each week).

If I was in your situation I would just go to one of the most populated zones for your faction, and try to ask around in zone chat. However for the future, joining a trading guild or a couple more is a good idea if you want do to a lot of selling and just trading in general, but keep in mind in the biggest trading guilds there are requirements etc.

Wow, thanks for that! I didn't know we could use guilds to trade stuff. I'll look into it ASAP. And also thank you for letting me know which zones are useful for trading...
  • bhagwad
    bhagwad
    ✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    Guild stores. Join a guild (or 5) that has a guild trader kiosk and start selling your stuff.

To buy, go to the guild traders that are all over Tamriel and buy stuff from other players.
    :smile:

Will do. Thanks!