The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Mages Guild Lorebooks

Atirez
Atirez
✭✭
I think I may have a problem, when reading forums I noted that people are mentioning getting level 10 in Mages Guild by the end of their faction quests or perhaps with a few books from Cyrodil.

I have the lorebooks add on and have cleared all the books from:
Stonefalls
Deshaan
Shadowfen
Eastmarch
The Rift
Coldharbour

Glenumbra
Stormhaven

And have a few of the books from Cryodil.

I am only guild level 9 with 125/260 towards 10.The last book I got increased this number by 5 which means I need another 27 books to get to level 10. Looking at the Cryodiil map there are 10 more books for me to get to clear that map out as well :/

Is that even right? When have other people obtained level 10?
  • kodo
    kodo
    ✭✭
    i finished mages questline ages ago...and i still gather mages guild books, and i'm half way in lvl9 ,so dont worry,it's on the way.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In addition to the six you've listed, without including any of the books from other factions, you also need to clear:
    • Biographies
    • Daedric Princes
    • Divines and Deities
    • Dungeon Lore
    • Dwemer
    • Legends of Nirn
    • Literature
    • Magic and Magicka
    • Myths of the Mundus
    • Oblivion Lore
    • Poetry and Song
    • Tamriel History
    • The Trial of Eyevea
    Note also that each one of these that you clear gives an additional 20 rep on top of the 5-per-book, so if you have a bunch of these near completion, you'll get a major dump of rep all at once.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Atirez
    Atirez
    ✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    In addition to the six you've listed, without including any of the books from other factions, you also need to clear:
    • Biographies
    • Daedric Princes
    • Divines and Deities
    • Dungeon Lore
    • Dwemer
    • Legends of Nirn
    • Literature
    • Magic and Magicka
    • Myths of the Mundus
    • Oblivion Lore
    • Poetry and Song
    • Tamriel History
    • The Trial of Eyevea
    Note also that each one of these that you clear gives an additional 20 rep on top of the 5-per-book, so if you have a bunch of these near completion, you'll get a major dump of rep all at once.

Ah that is very helpful, thank you very much. I just thought it was the blue books which gave XP. I will head of and check those out now!
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Atirez wrote: »
    Enodoc wrote: »
    • Biographies
    • Daedric Princes
    • Divines and Deities
    • Dungeon Lore
    • Dwemer
    • Legends of Nirn
    • Literature
    • Magic and Magicka
    • Myths of the Mundus
    • Oblivion Lore
    • Poetry and Song
    • Tamriel History
    • The Trial of Eyevea
    Ah that is very helpful, thank you very much. I just thought it was the blue books which gave XP. I will head of and check those out now!
    It is, but those ones are all blue as well :)
    You don't get any rep from the yellow ones, and the yellow ones don't appear in the Lore Library anyway*.
    * Until you complete the Mages Guild and unlock Eidetic Memory
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Atirez
    Atirez
    ✭✭
    I hit 10 now, and yes they were blue too. Wooooh! :)
  • Hilly1204
    Hilly1204
    @Atirez what level did you achieve this at cause I'm at mages guild nine just about to hit ten at level 23 but I can't find any lorebooks and I don't know where to look in cyrodil