Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I defeated Molag Bol and only level 49.. Question.

IdesofMarch2
IdesofMarch2
✭✭
So I defeated Molag Bol last night and completed the AD campaign, and went to the Ebonheart Pact now for those missions to do. But I'm still level 49. I assume I still have to fill the bar at level 50 before veteran rank correct? But the enemies in the Ebonheart pact missions I noticed are vet ranked. I'm pretty sure I completed all caves, locations, missions and such so did I still miss something? I assume when you defeat Molag and complete the epilogue you should be vet rank correct?
Runs with the A.D.
Xbox One
PC N/A
Magicka Sorc
  • tmathis
    tmathis
    Soul Shriven
    Nah, once you hit level 50 you will be VR1 (sounds weird, I know). You'll be fine in cadwell's silver though, you're just going to start feeling the struggle of leveling a vet character
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're only level 49 by the time you beat Molag Bal and move on to your Cadwell's Silver zones, you've definitely missed stuff. On every character I've played I've always hit VR1 about 1/3 of the way through Coldharbour, so I've always been either VR2 (since the XP per vet rank was reduced to 750K) or well on my way to VR2 by the time I've gotten to that point, and that's without ever grinding.

Having said that, it's not a big deal that you're not VR1 yet. As @tmathis says, level 50 = VR1, so you're almost there. I know that there are people who have started doing their Cadwell's Silver zones at level 45 (I don't think it's possible to do it any lower than that, as I don't think you can get the quest in the main questline any lower than level 45) and did fine.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • IdesofMarch2
    IdesofMarch2
    ✭✭
    Thanks guys. Yeah I guess I can go through my achievements again to make sure I hit everything. Then again I'm not sure about Coldharbor and if there are caves or locations I missed I kinda just did the missions so maybe that's where I am missing some stuff.
    Runs with the A.D.
    Xbox One
    PC N/A
    Magicka Sorc
  • Daveheart
    Daveheart
    ✭✭✭✭
    On my second templar, I hit vr1 when I had a quest or two left in Cadwell's Silver. You'll be fine.
    Daggerfall Covenant (PC-NA)

The Order of Mundus | Nightfighters
  • IdesofMarch2
    IdesofMarch2
    ✭✭
    Right but I'm not vet yet. I think I should clear Coldharbor and level up to vet before I continue with Caldwell.
    Runs with the A.D.
    Xbox One
    PC N/A
    Magicka Sorc
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Right but I'm not vet yet. I think I should clear Coldharbor and level up to vet before I continue with Caldwell.
    You don't really need to if you don't want to. I always do, but that's because I'm a bit of a completionist and I like to make sure that all of my characters do everything.

If you're actually interested in playing all of Coldharbour and doing all there is to do there, however, by all means do it. It's fun! At least, I think it is.

I guess all I'm saying is that if you're going to go back and do stuff that you missed, do it because you want to, not because you feel like you have to.
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • IdesofMarch2
    IdesofMarch2
    ✭✭
    No I do want to. I am also kind of a completionist too. I also am still trying to level up my Magee guild to level 6 to get fire rune so I have to find more lore books. I really love pvp as well but told myself I'm not going back (at that time I was level 16) until level 50 because I wanted to develop my character better. But yeah I'm probably gonna go back and clear Coldharbor. Try to level up more skills.
    Runs with the A.D.
    Xbox One
    PC N/A
    Magicka Sorc
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No I do want to. I am also kind of a completionist too. I also am still trying to level up my Magee guild to level 6 to get fire rune so I have to find more lore books. I really love pvp as well but told myself I'm not going back (at that time I was level 16) until level 50 because I wanted to develop my character better. But yeah I'm probably gonna go back and clear Coldharbor. Try to level up more skills.
    In that case, yes you should definitely do it. It's fun, and there are some interesting stories and characters around there. I particularly recommend doing all of the world bosses in Coldharbour - somewhere on the ground near each of them is a book written by Cadwell about that particular boss. I think they're all called something along the lines of "Notable Coldharbour Natives Vol X", and they're a fun read.

If your Mages Guild is only at 6 after getting to that point, then it means that you've missed quite a few lorebooks (which is super easy to do if you're not following a guide that shows you where they are - even if you're completing all of the content you can very very easily miss lorebooks). I think you can get as high as Mages Guild 8 or 9 before finishing Coldharbour, but that might require grabbing lorebooks from Cyrodiil as well.

If you're on PC I'd recommend getting a lorebook addon and going back to each of the zones you've completed to find the lorebooks you've missed. If you're on console, I'd recommend googling lorebook maps and then doing the same.

If you really want to make sure you've completed everything then check your achievements. The _____ Adventurer achievements that you get for completing a certain number of quests in a zone are a good guideline to see if you've likely completed all the quests there, but it's worth noting that depending on the zone you can get the achievement when there are still as many as 5 or 6 quests in the zone that you haven't yet completed, so don't think that you've necessarily done all of them just because you have the achievement.

The Daedric Anchor achievements are a good way to tell if you've completed all of those. Check to see if you've got the achievement for completing all of the anchors in your home alliance: if you don't, it will tell you which ones you're missing. There are 3 in each full zone (none in the starter zones), so if you check out your zone maps and only see 1 or 2 completed in that zone, then you know you've missed an anchor or two.

The Cave Delver and Pathfinder achievements will tell you if you've completed all of the delves in a zone, and if you've discovered all of the points of interest in a zone, respectively. If you've got the Master Explorer achievement for your alliance, then you know that you've got all of the individual Cave Delver and Pathfinder achievements.
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • IdesofMarch2
    IdesofMarch2
    ✭✭
    Thank you UrQuan I appreciate the help. Yeah I'm fed gonna have to do the Lorebook thing I'm still level 5 on my mages guild skill line. I guess I'll stay in Coldharbor for a bit then.
    Runs with the A.D.
    Xbox One
    PC N/A
    Magicka Sorc
  • Cadelay
    Cadelay
    ✭✭✭
    If you're on PC, get the addon Destinations and go everywhere it marks as an uncompleted quest on your maps.
  • qpviper1qp
    qpviper1qp
    ✭✭
    I was 48 when I beat him the first time and thought I had completed everything. Boy was I wrong! I missed alot however I was able to complete cadwells silver just fine. I did grind out a couple levels in gold cause I was getting too far behind but I only did the quests I needed to to continue. I have since went back and finished everything.